Author Topic: Tutorial Video of Armageddon  (Read 9217 times)

Kismetic

Re: Tutorial Video of Armageddon
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 03:52:50 PM »
Well, first, I think you should decide what client most new players will be using.  We're gonna be showing a lot of screenshots, right?  You'll probably dissolve from your open to the screenshot, and maybe do some cuts to help file text over black.  It's a simple setup, IMO, but content is the most important.

For starters, step by step through the character creation process, including in-depth information about character limits on words, etc.
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

ShaLeah

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 04:12:31 PM »
Why not use the page client?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Kismetic

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 04:13:47 PM »
The one linked on the website?
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 04:15:13 PM »
But how many use that one versus Mudlet, MUSH, and the others?

Kismetic

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2014, 04:24:43 PM »
That was my thought.  I think the majority of people use MUSHclient, or whatever that one is, and during the intro of the tutorial, you can name drop the software, provide a link.  People new enough to MUDs to need a tutorial are not gonna know what a MUD client is.

I would vote for the easiest to install that is free.  But I use a heavily modded CMUD, so geez, you guys pick.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 04:34:00 PM »
I think it should be MUSHClient and maybe, Mudlet.

ShaLeah

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »
The one linked on the website?

Yeah.  Using that one (which is available to anyone and basic) wouldn't really affect what you can do with other clients and we're not talking about MUSH/zMUD/cMUD/whatever tutorials. This is about how to get your groove on on Arm.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Kismetic

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »
True.  The website client works well enough, and it is on the website under "Play!", so ...