The Place of Gemmed Citizens

Started by Weregortok, January 04, 2010, 11:52:18 AM

January 04, 2010, 09:54:36 PM #50 Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:08:34 PM by lussien
Oh no no, please don't feel like I was aiming at anyone specific but I think I remember, I think it was OOC that I was told templars don't go out into the streets or something, so that's what I kept for a very long time. But yes, I do agree the Sargeants and whoever that's of a higher ranking should take the initiative to lead, where I can say, in my own experience is none. My PC have never seen or been with or even done things with a high ranking official. Most highest were Privates, still because, I was an off-peaker. Woes of the off-peakers.

Don't worry though, I got through much experience being outside the confined stone walls, even if I had to go through many characters to explore the layout of the place and experience the dangers on my own, at the various different cities.

I think, it's just my opinion that new recruit PC should be allowed to go out, having them know all the risks by going outside than just staying in the walls just to train is really short changing the new PC. This mud is not like other muds, so I think we need to introduce the PC full force, rather than introduce and everything gets so slow that the new PC gets bored and goes on a suicide mission alone or never come back.

Maybe it's just the type of player I am. ^_^
Veni, vinci, voici.

I'm okay on my own.

Quote from: Salt Merchant on January 04, 2010, 05:25:20 PM
Maybe recruiting could be limited to Vivaduans (and Rukkians?), who can provide useful support but not dominate outcomes. Again, permanently recruits.
I think you haven't seen a powerful viv or ruk.  I personally was omfg pwned by a viv one time on a very old ranger... Let's just say I never made any sprinkler jokes again.

Quote from: janeshephard on January 04, 2010, 09:54:18 PM
Wait wait wait. How in the world are you supposed to buy a mercantile token if templars are supposed to be shut-ins?

Templars aren't supposed to be shut-ins. They aren't. I'm not certain of where this idea came from, or how it entered into a discussion about the rights of the Gemmed.  :P

Mind that, at least in Allanak, two templars only recently came into play. If there's a time difference, catching the older third may have proven difficult. Use the Way, and look about! When a Templar settles down to hang out, there's a fair chance it won't be in a place like the Gaj.

Quote from: cerelumstuff

Can we keep how badass certain coded guilds may or may not become shhh, please? Leave some wonder for the newbies.

Quote from: Akoto on January 04, 2010, 10:00:48 PM
Quote from: janeshephard on January 04, 2010, 09:54:18 PM
Wait wait wait. How in the world are you supposed to buy a mercantile token if templars are supposed to be shut-ins?

Templars aren't supposed to be shut-ins. They aren't. I'm not certain of where this idea came from, or how it entered into a discussion about the rights of the Gemmed.  :P

Mind that, at least in Allanak, two templars only recently came into play. If there's a time difference, catching the older third may have proven difficult. Use the Way, and look about! When a Templar settles down to hang out, there's a fair chance it won't be in a place like the Gaj.

The way appears to contact NPCs as well as PCs unless I'm mistaken. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I'd much rather things like licenses and tokens are bought from NPCs but whatever. I'm sure this is in the game so we're somehow forced to interact.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: janeshephard on January 04, 2010, 10:56:22 PM
The way appears to contact NPCs as well as PCs unless I'm mistaken. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I'd much rather things like licenses and tokens are bought from NPCs but whatever. I'm sure this is in the game so we're somehow forced to interact.

It's true that you can contact NPCs, but the PC is usually favored first when they're online (unless you're using the wrong name/sdesc). The most accurate method of reaching someone over the Way is to use their name. When you're looking to identify a leader for contacting purposes, try asking around among other players and/or reading through rumors on the IC boards.

Quote from: Akoto on January 04, 2010, 11:01:47 PM
Quote from: janeshephard on January 04, 2010, 10:56:22 PM

It's true that you can contact NPCs, but the PC is usually favored first when they're online (unless you're using the wrong name/sdesc). The best method of reaching someone over the Way is to use their name. When you're looking to contact a leader, try asking around among other players and/or reading through rumors on the IC boards.

I understand and thanks. I just always felt randomly reaching out to a templar with your mind is poor RP. In fact I'm fairly certain it would be. These are the most feared on Zalanthas. I'd rather catch them at a good time :)

Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: WWYD on January 04, 2010, 10:24:22 PM

Can we keep how badass certain coded guilds may or may not become shhh, please? Leave some wonder for the newbies.

Fair enough, I just want to say that EVERY magicker guild is extremely dangerous, some just quicker than others, refer to the karma outline to see what I mean.

Quote from: Cerelum on January 04, 2010, 11:20:43 PM
Quote from: WWYD on January 04, 2010, 10:24:22 PM

Fair enough, I just want to say that EVERY magicker guild is extremely dangerous, some just quicker than others, refer to the karma outline to see what I mean.

They're gickers..what do you expect?  They eat babies and dance naked in the sand, covered in the entrails of their latest kills and sacrifices, to shrivel the manhood of your brother's wife's bestfriend's uncle.

..or was that Red Fangs?
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

January 05, 2010, 01:33:43 AM #59 Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:38:45 AM by Salt Merchant
-turned into a PM-
Lunch makes me happy.

If you have a problem OOCly with the way someone is playing a character, submit a complaint via the request tool.  Do not use the GDB as a passive aggressive method to critique people's roleplay.

With that being said, this thread has served its purpose, and is now locked.  Thank you, drive through.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!