Is the game down?

Started by deviant storm, June 29, 2003, 10:00:50 AM

Hey, at least it is raining during the weedays and sunny during the weekend this time in the UK!  At least this last weekend, but it could start a trend!  Better than Sunshine all week long until the weekend, which is what I generally expect   :D

Pray for more imms who can fix the game around during European hours!
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Everything seems to be fine for me. I can connect and there are a goodly chunk of players on currently. I'm going to assume either there's other Internet issues or the game has been fixed by now.

Thanks,
Brix.

If you're having trouble, you might try using the numeric IP (64.252.79.51 port 4050) and see if that helps.

QuoteIf you're having trouble, you might try using the numeric IP (64.252.79.51 port 4050) and see if that helps.

Wouldn't have mattered this morning.  Had no trouble tracerouting to the IP, no lost packets along the way - the server was refusing connections.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Quote from: "Northlander"Here we go again  :D

Yup.  It's definitely not just you, because I can't connect either.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

:shock:

I didn't even get a chance to log in and curse the game with my evil presence.

First my internet goes down. Then when it finally comes up Arm goes down.

And it STILL doesn't know it's down  :x

The odd thing about this is that the game THINKS it's up, but refuses connections...

And it's always right around 5am EST, too.

July 3 downtime: Yes, the game went down somewhere around 5AM EST, it has been recognized, and while I don't have a current password in order to remedy it I'm letting the other Powers That Be know.  The ball is rolling, and barring the unexpected we should be back up in a reasonable timeframe.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

Cheers Savak, it's up.

Quote from: "Delirium"The odd thing about this is that the game THINKS it's up, but refuses connections...

Maybe Ginka III dosen't want players messing up her perfect little world.  Just wait until she hacks into the DoD computers and trys to turn Earth into a Zalananthas clone using nuclear devices and mutagenic biological weapons.  :o

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Hey, it's cool so long as she mutates us players to survive. (And models us into our characters, which would for some... make for very much weirdness. I.E. sex change! (Oh, and not to mention becoming an elf, or a magicker or something.))

If you did it right after... It's a good guess I have that it wasn't you.

If it was before... DAMN YOU!!!

Creeper
21sters Unite!

lmao....
Veteran Newbie

Again? The site seems to think the game's up. The game doesn't seem to think so though.  Right around 5:15 am EST as usual. :P

I'm with you Delerium...I keep losing NPC guards to these crashes.  Soon, the entire house will be no more as all the NPCs will be eaten by crashes!

We're continuing to suffer from power issues. Specifically (I theorize) with the new machine being too much Ginka for the old UPS. We have a new UPS that's due to go in this Saturday sometime, so we'll see if that fixes the problems. If it doesn't, then I place the blame squarely on you all, as you're certainly doing something so unwholesome at 5 AM every morning that it causes not only Ginka, but all related LAN equiptment to power themselves off.

-Saikun

This particular downtime issue appears to have fully resolved with the replacement of ginka's UPS.  Closing this thread, but feel free to start a new one if a similar disconcerting problem rears its ugly head.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]