Looking for a Sister (deadline: 3rd of January)

Started by Xeran Van Houten, December 17, 2009, 12:55:39 AM

December 17, 2009, 12:55:39 AM Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:25:41 AM by Nyr
Looking for one someone to take up the role of a human sister.

The Basics:
- Human Female (if that wasn't obvious)
- Age 18-20
- Given name is set, but there's nothing to say that's the name you still use in public.
- A couple physical traits are set, but the rest is free.
- One (major) event of background is set and will be discussed with those interested. Rest is free.
- Mundane guild. (Prefered, but open to other ideas)
- Originally from Allanak, but location will most likely be Tuluk.
- Preferred playtime(s) of evening/night/late-night Pacific or possibly Central.

Other Important Things:
- Playing an emotionally scarred person. (Face it - what family member isn't?)
- Free to do as you will and not expected hang around me all the time (unless that's how you're playing it).
- Able to stay alive long enough to meet, at least.
- Must have patience for my newb self. I'm not the best rper, but I'm working on it. ^^

I'd ask that noone store a character that they're currently having fun with or like, as there's no promises of how you'll like my character or the experience once IG and IC, but I'm hoping for a good amount of interaction.

If you're interested and want more specific details to decide further, please PM me.
Would like to get this decided by the 3rd of January and rolling.

Thanks! ^^
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

I heartily recommend this to anyone.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Hey, I also throw in a recommendation.

Get in there, have some familial fun and all that shit.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

I have played with XvH, and I recommend this role.  I'd look into it myself, were I not tied up at the moment.

Go for it!
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Thanks for the approval guys.  ;D

Still open for applicants.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11

You're dictating any sort of guild choices?   ::)  No thanks.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

And even a race? Why can't a human sister be a mul brother, Xeran? So restrictive.

December 18, 2009, 08:11:51 AM #7 Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 08:15:19 AM by Cutthroat
Quote from: spawnloser on December 18, 2009, 04:55:12 AM
You're dictating any sort of guild choices?   ::)  No thanks.

Able to stay alive long enough to meet
location will most likely be Tuluk
Mundane guild.

That said, if you want to make a Sorcerer Sister named Sabrina, Xeran seems like a reasonable enough fellow to PM and ask.
Edit to be clear: That is, ask if the mundane guild is a suggestion or demand.

I'm already tied up with a character, but one day I'll play someone's sib. One day.

I have a terrible trend of dieing the very moment someone playing my character's sibling makes it in game, or vice versa  :-\
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

If I didn't have a character IG already, I'd go for this.

..I've never had a PC sibling for any of my PCs...it'd be interesting.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

The two times I have played sibling PCs have led to some of the best, most-intense, longest-lasting RP arcs ever for my PCs, and theirs. However, it's really necessary for both parties to stay alive for a while in order to develop their PCs and the relationship.

Also, if you do manage to stay alive and make a relationship happen, be prepared for utter heartbreak when your sibling dies. (Happened to me twice :( ) I still have pangs of sadness over the lost siblings.

So from that perspective, I recommend playing siblings to all of you. It's a great opportunity for real character development.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: spicemustflow on December 18, 2009, 06:35:52 AM
And even a race? Why can't a human sister be a mul brother, Xeran? So restrictive.
Yay, sarcasm!  Again...  ::)

Quote from: Cutthroat on December 18, 2009, 08:11:51 AM
That said, if you want to make a Sorcerer Sister named Sabrina, Xeran seems like a reasonable enough fellow to PM and ask.
That was the point of my post... to get Xeran to think about what he said and maybe correct it.  If not corrected, it sounds more like a demand than a suggestion.

Can you say, "My character is unaware of his/her sister/brother having manifested, so is thought to be mundane," when recruiting?  Yes.  Can you say, "Your character will never manifest magicks," when recruiting?  I find that reprehensible and anti-RP in a game such as this.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: Cutthroat on December 18, 2009, 08:11:51 AM
You're dictating any sort of guild choices?   ::)  No thanks.

Able to stay alive long enough to meet
location will most likely be Tuluk
Mundane guild.

I'm already tied up with a character, but one day I'll play someone's sib. One day.

If someone really wanted to use their karma options for a Socerer... I wouldn't mind, I guess... I didn't really expect anyone would want to do that.
But yeah, it's more of a suggestion (location and all...).
I don't see why it was thought it couldn't be asked instead of assuming I was going to dicated otherwise...
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11

Quote from: spawnloser on December 18, 2009, 01:02:19 PM
Can you say, "My character is unaware of his/her sister/brother having manifested, so is thought to be mundane," when recruiting?  Yes.  Can you say, "Your character will never manifest magicks," when recruiting?  I find that reprehensible and anti-RP in a game such as this.

Staff do it all the time though.  :-\

I just modeled the post after the other ones I found by other players by looking through the old threads... I didn't expect there would be something wrong with that.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11

Quote from: spawnloser on December 18, 2009, 01:02:19 PM

I am in general agreement with spawnloser that it is probably better to not specify a particular guild, or even mudane/magick, for the guild choice of a related PC.

However, I also think that it would be OK to say in your post "I really prefer mundane on mundane interaction, so though I'm not specifying that in my role call, I will say that I think we'd have more fun and more interaction IF you were playing a mundane."

Once upon a time when I took applicants for relative PCs (note that this is before the family-member rule change), 4 out of 6 of the PCs who took up those roles were non-mundane. I didn't specify in the role call, didn't want to, and it led to some interesting RP...but...it was a little insane for my mundane PC to experience all of that. (Your mate stares at you and says, "You have ANOTHER 'gicker in your family? I tell you, if our kid's a 'gicker too, I'm killing it for sure.") And yes, there was overall a lot more interaction and conflict and development between those of us who were mundane, than with the non-mundanes.

There also may be occasional circumstances where a VNPC relative who has been pre-established in some way needs to be made into a PC, and their guild may be set by those prior circumstances. But I'd probably discuss that with the staff going into things.

December 18, 2009, 01:14:17 PM #16 Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:24:01 PM by musashi
There isn't dude, don't worry about it. Spawnloser just has more aggression than one would generally consider normal for a human male. I think it was even once put into graph form ... lemme go try and find that.

EDIT:

Got it!

AAANGRY                                          meek
|                                                   |
|     [-----------------------------]               |    <-- range of socially acceptable behaviors for men
|                            [--------------------] |    <-- range of socially acceptable behaviors for women
|                              X                    |    <-- Brytta
|                          X                        |    <-- Gim
|                                    X              |    <-- Sanvean
|    X                                              |    <-- spawnloser

So what if's a demand and not a suggestion, spawnloser? I can put up an announcement that I want a brother and we've been taught by our late father to slit throats for money. And specify a guild if I want, no one is forcing anyone to reply if not interested.

I agree with spawnloser that you can't dictate what guild your sibling should play. You can, however, give examples of your background, and possible classes that will fit the background as suggestions. Like if your sister was raised by fighters... would she be a guild_merchant? Depends if her parents taught her anything, right? But that all gets sorted out in PM, I believe.

You're dictating any sort of guild choices?   ::)  No thanks.
could have been this:
Are you dictating guild choices, or making a suggestion about mundane guilds? :) Just wondering.

The former is written to elicit an angry response in return, and has gotten threads in this forum locked before, and the latter is a nicely-put way of what his point (which I agree with) allegedly was.

Some of you are kinda making it sound like I didn't have to already run this by staff to be able to post it... Not blaming anyone, but that seems to be where this is going.

Most of this could have been better taken care of by pming me...
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11

Alright, then, what if I applied and said your sister is a half-elf and you don't know it? How come he can choose the race and not the guild? Or at least narrow down the choice to fit the background he has in mind. Anyway, a stupid derail, there wasn't anything wrong with the post.

It's his virtual family.

If you don't like his restrictions, don't apply. End of problem.
There's a lot of shit you don't know about me, Mom.

Quote from: Xeran Van Houten on December 18, 2009, 01:22:58 PM
Some of you are kinda making it sound like I didn't have to already run this by staff to be able to post it... Not blaming anyone, but that seems to be where this is going.

I don't think anyone is saying that, but I can sympathize with any feelings of defensiveness you may be experiencing. That's often the result when spawnloser posts in one's threads ;)

As for my part, I am simply offering experienced advice and a slightly different perspective. You don't look to be doing anything "wrong" to me and I'm sure your intentions are fine. I think your edit of your original post works well to get the point across of what you're going for, and I wish you all the best in finding the loving (murderous, backstabbing) sibling relationship of your dreams.

Hey. Don't make me turn this thread around. If I do that, we will not be going to Tuluk and you'll all be in bed without supper.

(Seriously - discussion over announcement etiquette? Fine. Do it in another thread.)

hahah... Yeah - Don't make Oleupata kill my sister!
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11