Done moving stuff over, Game's back

Started by Sanvean, June 25, 2003, 03:26:23 PM

YAY! Now off to destroy things in FFX.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

HEY! No fair, I'm still stuck at work....waaahhh, Now everybody gets to play all the fun out of the new machine....I'VE BEEN ROBBED!
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I love being an Australian and sleeping through all the downtimes  :D

The wait was definitely well worth it for this new machine to be brought up, as the withdrawl symptomes barely had a chance to set in.  Lag's definitely down from what I can see, and everything seems to go a lot smoother.  So, good decision.

However...is it just me and my hallucinogens kicking in, or are the IC days seeming to go by faster than before (as in, taking almost exactly ten minutes to complete an hour)?  Not to complain, of course, but it does feel a bit different to me.

I'm not sure if its possible.. But its quite possible.

Or maybe its just the drugs coursing through my veins talking too.

Quote from: "Kankman"I'm not sure if its possible.. But its quite possible.

Or maybe its just the drugs coursing through my veins talking too.

mmmmhhhmmm

drugs

drugs+pathetic amusment parks on humid days+ice cream+arm
:)
Veteran Newbie

Seemed the days went faster to me, though everything was running so smoothly I really did not care much.

The movement lag was actually the same from room to room 100 rooms in a row, outdoors a little longer but still the same as the one before, and the one after etc etc.

Much better then
e (3seconds) arrive
e (3seconds) arrive
e (6seconds) arrive
s (4.2seconds) arrive
s(9seconds) arrive
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Any details on the new machine?  How is it better?

Thanks.

I just noticed the lag improvement just then. But only because I realised yesterday I was horribly lagged. :D

So does the new machine get a new name? Or is it still ginka?

Quote from: "X-D"The movement lag was actually the same from room to room 100 rooms in a row, outdoors a little longer but still the same as the one before, and the one after etc etc.

Let me be the first to say 'Thank you for not speed walking.' Heh

Actually, movement has always had an attached, intentional lag with it depending on the type of creature doing the movement. Any other lag which you may incur is most certainly not the Ginka Mark III.

Cerebus

Quote from: "Cerebus"Ginka Mark III.

Any relation, perchance, to the infamous Mark 5?

Grin, Yes, I know Cerebus, But the attached movement lag is consistant in its parameters, say an elf on caravan way running has 1 second between rooms codewise. But on the old machine, specialy during peak instead of having a consistant 1 second down the length of the road it would often very from 1-4 seconds with the rare hiccup where you check the web site to see if it crashed:)

And I did speedwalk one time last night right after I got on, and I was there so smoothly I did not the rest of the night...and I was on for quite sometime, Matter of fact everything was so nice and smooth I thought of staying on and calling in to work so that the possible "dream" would not end.
Lizzie:

Quote from: "John"
So does the new machine get a new name? Or is it still ginka?

I think it is like Lassie.  There is only ever one (official) Lassie in existance.  The owner breed collies, and as a puppy his name might be Bob (Lassie is always male).  Then if Bob is selected to be the next Lassie his name is changed to Lassie.  When he retires his name is changed back to Bob, and some other dog gets the Lassie title.  That way in the movie credits it always says that Lassie was played by Lassie.  Even though the origional Lassie died a long time ago, Lassie is always available to star in new Lassie movies.

If you live in a country without Lassie, the preceding example probably won't make much sense to you.  Don't worry about it.

What I don't understand is why the pay to have the GBD hosted on some other machine.  Couldn't retired ginka become kalan.armageddon.org and host the GBD in Saikun's mystickal basement of fruity servers?  Perhaps the old machines are sacrificed to the fires in the temple of the Highlord.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Lassie? Good god AC where do you come up with this stuff?  8)

The old machines go on to host games with odd names like Zebadee.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

One of the reasons to have Zalanthas hosted elsewhere is what you've just seen in action - the ability to have these boards up while the game is down. Someone mentioned the outage for a few days that happened due to storms - that's another example of when it's good to have the boards still up and enable us to post information about when the game will be back up.

"No one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westly, it's the name Dread Pirate GINKA that instills the necessary fear"

Actually, AC, I'm pretty sure that one of the Lassies was female.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Ohhh.. X-D is so right, it's so smoooooooooth.

Quote from: "spawnloser"Actually, AC, I'm pretty sure that one of the Lassies was female.
You mean they all weren't?  :shock:

If I remember right... All the dogs that played lassie were the opposite sex of the dog in the show... I also beleive some of the newer lassies were a different sex then the original ones which were always the same. SHRUG.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "creeper386"If I remember right... All the dogs that played lassie were the opposite sex of the dog in the show...
That'd be disturbing if lassie was a female and the camera accidently got her cocking her leg to piss  :lol:

Imagine the kids traumitised  :twisted:

John, who is no longer scared of  :twisted:

It is rather rattling to look the GBD over and read about Lassie, and a debate on her potrayer's sex, no less.  Just, odd.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870