HRPT

Started by Bogre, November 15, 2009, 10:40:20 PM

Oleupata frightens me more every day.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I get the feeling that, similar to the last Sunday RPT, I'm going to get screwed out of it. Maybe I'll take that day off of work specifically. =)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Wouldn't this be a good time to purchase a cozy, convenient tent, just in case your home is consumed by templars and lava? Yes, yes, it would.
- Savvyerien Borsail
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Gimf is just cocky because she's going to be hiding in my backpack the entire time.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

<worn on back>      the tawny-blonde woman peeking from a bahamet-embroidered backpack

Imms, I would like to add to my request, also, that I would prefer for my PC to die at the END of the HRPT, so that I can see what happens first. Kthx!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on November 16, 2009, 12:18:25 AM
Imms, I would like to add to my request, also, that I would prefer for my PC to die at the END of the HRPT, so that I can see what happens first. Kthx!

Too bad.

Work meeting/party. Sorry.

I wanted to play a mindbender before the world ended.  :(
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: a strange shadow on November 15, 2009, 11:35:59 PM
Good thing I have a few extra character concepts on hand.
I have 12 PCs wrote up, ready to go. Yes, that's right, I'm prepared! ... To die horribly. ALOT. :-\
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Guys I swear to you this HRPT IS NOT MY FAULT.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

I'm going to be pissed if my current character dies due to a HRPT...  So don't look at me staff....just don't look at me.

Quote from: Cerelum on November 16, 2009, 01:54:38 AM
I'm going to be pissed if my current character dies due to a HRPT...  So don't look at me staff....just don't look at me.

*nod*  It's true.  If you don't look at the imms, they'll probably just roleplay with you and take a couple items.

Quote from: Riev on November 16, 2009, 12:11:17 AM
I get the feeling that, similar to the last Sunday RPT, I'm going to get screwed out of it. Maybe I'll take that day off of work specifically. =)

No one gets screwed -out- of an HRPT.

They only get screwed -in- one!

But seriously...its hard not to get involved unless you're hiding far far away from a population center.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Well the big thing is, I actually work on Sundays. The last RPT happened on a sunday, and I wasn't able to attend because of my work schedule. But then, can't change things for one man.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Gazing across the burning plain, mounting a hastily erected barricade, with an obsidian-toothed bone sword in hand, the scarred, tattooed warrior recites in viking-accented sirihish,
"Lo! There do I see my father.
"Lo!  There do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers.
"Lo!  There do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
"Lo!  They do call to me.
"They bid me to take my place among them, in the halls Valhalla,
"Where the brave may live forever."
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Hey guys. I just realized that it wouldn't be fair if you were to die without your consent, so if you DON'T want to die in the HRPT:

1) Send me an email letting me know that you don't want to die. Include:
      a) Your account name.
      b) Your character name.
      c) Where your character spends most of their time.
      d) Any fears your character may have.

2) Make sure you log on nice and early the day of the RPT. Then wish up the following:
      a) "Hello, this is (account name). I am ready to not be killed by a mekillot/bahamut/silt horror/herd of rabid gwoshi* now."
      b) Enjoy the HRPT!

*The creature(s) that you will not be killed by will depend on your character's location at the time of the wish.

This... sounds great.

An HRPT.  It's been a good long, long time.

I've got some character growth to do until then.  :)

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Would an HPRT spill into the safe confines of the estates, I wonder...

Quote from: Dahomey on November 16, 2009, 08:32:35 AM
Would an HPRT spill into the safe confines of the estates, I wonder...

You think:
      "Gith are attacking the city?"

You think:
      "I'd better stay in the Estate!"

>look

Inside the Gates of House Borsail [NSW]
   From this vantage point the magnificent Borsail estate stretches out in all
directions, protected from intruders by the tall outer wall which encircles
the property.  There's a lot of other cool stuff here that only PCs would
have seen, so they've been edited out and stuff.

You think:
       "Yeah, I'll totally be safe here."

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Nyr's log doesn't show the six invisible staffers who are standing there laughing and calling dibs on that noble's various body parts.

Is this the HRPT where you re-introduce Mortalslayer?!?!?!?!?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Helo staff,

In the interest of surviving the hrpt I'm going to cut (even farther) back on the rp and just spend the next three weeks spam training skills. Can you tell me which skills I should train the hardist to survive the hrpt.

(1) barrier
(2) ride
(3) piercing_weapons
(4) roll tent
(5) haggle

thanks a lot, i think this will add A Lot to the game.

-Bryta.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on November 16, 2009, 09:54:30 AM
Helo staff,

In the interest of surviving the hrpt I'm going to cut (even farther) back on the rp and just spend the next three weeks spam training skills. Can you tell me which skills I should train the hardist to survive the hrpt.

(1) barrier
(2) ride
(3) piercing_weapons
(4) roll tent
(5) haggle

thanks a lot, i think this will add A Lot to the game.

-Bryta.

Hehe, I almost posted the same thing, but don't forget 'flee' and 'hide'.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Oh, I'm so looking forward to this. I have no clue what staff is planning but I so want this character's death to be as cool as the rest of her life. After all, we all have to go sometime. Better to brainzeating imms on an HRPT than to some NPC creature.

I hope I get time for a warcry before getting kanked.

Quote from: Sandstone on November 16, 2009, 11:00:44 AM
Oh, I'm so looking forward to this. I have no clue what staff is planning but I so want this character's death to be as cool as the rest of her life. After all, we all have to go sometime. Better to brainzeating imms on an HRPT than to some NPC creature.

I hope I get time for a warcry before getting kanked.

I hope I get time to kank before getting ganked.