Fatigue/Stamina Gain

Started by , June 22, 2003, 05:01:13 PM

I think it should be possible to regain stamina while standing.
I like to think of it that if your walking, or running, or hiking, and stop for a breather, just standing, leaning against something, or whatever, you would possibly get less tired. You dont nescessarily need to sit, or lie-down. Anyways... thats all.

Sounds good to me.  You wouldn't get nearly as much as sitting, which isn't much compared to any other posission besides standing right now, but a little bit.  I'd argue that there should be a delay built in though...like, you have to stand without moving or using any skills or anything besides communication (besides the Way) for some amount of minutes before you would begin to regen.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

That wouldnt be too bad, like your waiting for your pulse to settle or what-not before finally starting to feel better.

I think to some extent you do regain stamina when standing. It might be stat related (i.e. you need at lease Very Good Endurance or something like that) but I could swear I've seen my stamina regain at a very slow rate while standing around. I think... :shock:  :?

Pretty sure its not possible, the instance that makes this the most clear and wantable is when I had a guard that had to run through the desert or some such, then stand on guard beside my person for like another hour real-time while 'very tired' or some such and not regaining an ounce while my person got to sit and regen at a table, then when it was time to go, (an hour later) I couldnt follow because of how tired I was.

Now this was some time ago, but a similar instance happened lately, and it makes me want it more and more.

Realistically, runners and such walk themselves down rather than sit down or go right to sleep to recover some standard of energy.
I too, think that even standing you should recover some stamina while just standing around and not exerting yourself physically though not as much as while sitting, resting, or sleeping.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I agree on this one. Make the regen rate super slow, but you should be able to rest up without having to sit or rest.

I also think you should get some (slower than normal pace) stamina back while riding, as long as you're not running your mount or in combat with it. Taking a slow ride seems relaxing to me. :P

Gawynn
Ladies and gents, we're still alive
By the skin of our teeth, now it's killing time
Angel in our pocket, devil by our side
We ain't going nowhere, cuz' heroes never die!"

Blood of Heroes - Megadeth

combat should wear you out a million times faster than even running....
its the adrenaline
Veteran Newbie

Quotecombat should wear you out a million times faster than even running....
its the adrenaline

Hmm... during the combat, I don't think you'd feel it, on account of the adrenaline, as you mentioned.  It'd be interesting if a short time after a fight, though, you suffered from a "crash" as the adrenaline wears off.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Im speaking from the standpoint of someone who boxed for awhile trains regularly, and from opinions of other people who have in real life a high stamina.

you can be damn good, run for distances, have generally just keep up a high pace all night long, but when you actually get in a fight against anther trained person, you wear out. fast. within minutes. ...but then its over- and you are tried as fuck
Veteran Newbie

Several years or so ago there was about a two week period when you could regen stamina while standing.  While slower than regening while resting, it was still fairly quick, and it was a constant regen, so it didn't take into account things like walking, fighting, etc.

If they were to do something like this, I'd offer two suggestions based on my experience during that previous period.  First, make the regen slow.  Really slow.  Like one increase every five minutes type slow.  Second, have the regen to check to see if you are fighting.  If you are, then no regen.  Third, add in a temporary timer for any sort of movement command, that would be replaced when you did the next movement command, of say 3 mins of no_regen.  So, if you move into another room, its a minimum of 3 minutes until you even start to regen.  So, you can regen if you are just standing around, but not if you are moving around town (like before).
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."