AUTO PAYMENT SYSTEM FOR CLAMS

Started by mansa, September 28, 2009, 10:03:46 PM

http://www.armageddon.org/general/updates/view.php?week=40&year=2009

09/28/2009: Auto payment system for clans -- Olgaris

what what what what what
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Barney will be pleased.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

I have been waiting for this moment my entire life.   :'(

This may really help with making clans more attractive to players. Awesome.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Win.

Win win.

Win win win.

JOY.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

It's about time.

Clams deserve their money.

Quote from: Yam on September 28, 2009, 10:17:03 PM
It's about time.

Clams deserve their money.

lol

Looks like a good addition. SoI had this too.

Neat. How does it work?  Money goes into inventory, bank account?  Can a person join a clan, not log in for a RL year, and come back to a huge stack of coins?

Quote from: number13 on September 28, 2009, 10:31:08 PM
Can a person join a clan, not log in for a RL year, and come back to a huge stack of coins?

I certainly hope not, but I have faith that staff accounted for inactive PC.

>balance
You now how 1256 coins in your account.

>quit

...Quit playing for two RL years....

balance
You now have 100,001 coins in your account.

>rebel house kadius
You rebel from House Kadius.

>change objective Buy a bunch of nice duds and become the most popular merchant in Tuluk.

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

This has to be set up manually. Wait for your local clan staff to announce it first--they'll give instructions, too.

It amounts to going to a particular npc in your clan's barracks area and using the "ask" command.

You can get paid every half month.
At most, you will only receive a full month's pay.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on September 29, 2009, 08:01:33 AM
This has to be set up manually. Wait for your local clan staff to announce it first--they'll give instructions, too.

It amounts to going to a particular npc in your clan's barracks area and using the "ask" command.

You can get paid every half month.
At most, you will only receive a full month's pay.

That is absolutely awesome!
Will it affect leader/banker accessible clan accounts?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

This is paid directly to the character, so if I understand your question correctly, it will not affect any clan nenyuk accounts.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

That is what I was asking.  Thanks.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I'm pretty sure that my very first background mentioned clams.  Oops.

This is hugely awesome, staffpersons.  This has been a substantial hassle in every clan I've been in.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

... Mother of pearl!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I assume the pay is based on ranks, so if your leader gives you an awesomeness payraise, that will have to be dealt with in the old fashioned way?

Quote from: MarshallDFX on September 29, 2009, 11:15:32 AM
I assume the pay is based on ranks, so if your leader gives you an awesomeness payraise, that will have to be dealt with in the old fashioned way?

I'd consider that more of a bonus.  Pay is set by ranks.  Anything above and beyond would have to be dealt with by the leader personally.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

All I have to say is.... HOLY FUCK.  THANK YOU.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

So.. so.. sexy...
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

The fair-skinned, attenuated man extends rubs at his eyelids.

The fair-skinned, attenuated man says, in sirihish, inquisitorial grey eyes looking exasperated as he glances back,
a veritable horde of privates and recruits following him,
"Couldn't you have done this sooner?."

This is a pretty awesome update!  :D
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I think someone is holding out on us.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Quote from: FuSoYa on September 29, 2009, 11:19:42 AM
Quote from: MarshallDFX on September 29, 2009, 11:15:32 AM

I'd consider that more of a bonus.  Pay is set by ranks.  Anything above and beyond would have to be dealt with by the leader personally.

Brandon

This is correct.  Pay is set by ranks.  If your leader wants to pay you more, he or she will have to do it manually--or promote you.

This has also been set up so that it can work with the Tuluki Qynar/Striasiri system. 

While it certainly helps player leaders, it was originally intended to remove one more thing (payment of stipends to GMH family and nobles) from regular staff duties.  It has since expanded into a generic system.  Thanks, Olgaris!