Allanaki RPT (October 18)

Started by Adieren, September 22, 2009, 08:40:49 PM

September 22, 2009, 08:40:49 PM Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:54:04 PM by Adieren
Just because tournaments are fun. If you guys could, the ones who PROMISE they'll be participating, just let me know what times I should plan it and stuff, that'd be awesome. I'll pretty much be available both days completely, because I'll be asking off of work for it. (Not as bad as it sounds, we're off on Sundays anyways and it's fast-food)

EDIT: So, Sunday, October 18, 5 or 6pm (central)

Uhm... could we have a little bit of replies, so I know if it's worth it to ask off...?

I would advise you simply to set a firm time, then advertise heavily in-game. Best time for RPTs, in my experience, is Sunday evenings; so I'd suggest starting your RPT at 4 or 5 pm Pacific time so that both coasts are available. Don't count on individual commitments because that rarely works out, rather, go for the highest overall body-count possible.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I second what Gimf says. Set the time in stone, and they shall come.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

-mutter- I'm really not good with time-zones.

I... uh... found out it's central... earlier.  ;D I told you, I'm really bad at time zones.

:)  I used to be, too. Till playing Arm with a bunch of nasty central timers!
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

My state has it's own fucking timezone, think how confused I get.

Eh? What state is that?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Arizona.

Arizona standard time. Because we're exempt from daylight savings for a part of the year, or some shit. It's Mountain standard for part of the year and Pacific standard for the other part i think.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 24, 2009, 12:28:59 PM
Arizona.

Arizona standard time. Because we're exempt from daylight savings for a part of the year, or some shit. It's Mountain standard for part of the year and Pacific standard for the other part i think.

Really?  I'm up in Utah, and don't suffer from the same..awkwardness...or I don't realize I do, in any case.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I love that we have our own timezone.

I always hated daylight savings time...YUCK.

Other then it being a right to carry state, no daylight savings time an not needing to renew your DL till your like 65 were like some of the biggest reasons for me moving here:)
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

X-D,

Is that how you came up with your handle?  You must carry a Springfield XD.

PS Sorry to get off topic.

Quote from: waroth on September 25, 2009, 03:58:28 PM
X-D,

Is that how you came up with your handle?  You must carry a Springfield XD.

PS Sorry to get off topic.

No, it stands for "eXtreme Destruction".

Also, Adieren, that looks like a good time.
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Adieren on September 22, 2009, 08:40:49 PM
So, Sunday 3 or 4pm. Central time. Does this work for people?

I predict you will have sparse attendance from the west coast, decent from the east coast, and may pick up some GMTers. Peak playtime on Sundays doesn't start until a couple of hours later than that. But, good luck!

I don't know what time normal people play. That's why I was asking- I'm a mainly off-peaker.

Aim for 6-7pm Central time to kick things off.  That is getting pretty late for Europeans, but plenty of players stay up past midnight.  It's also 4-5pm on the pacific coast which is somewhat early, but not so bad.

Can't make everybody happy. 
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote from: Adieren on September 26, 2009, 12:13:36 AM
I don't know what time normal people play. That's why I was asking- I'm a mainly off-peaker.

Usually 7-10 pm EST is peak time, seeing as most Arm players are from the east coast of North America (50% of Armers are from Ottawa).

Saturdays seem to work best, in my experience, though I've seen some good turn outs on Sundays, and earlier days of the week. Fridays are usually hit or miss.

Quote from: Rhyden on September 26, 2009, 11:34:38 PM(50% of Armers are from Ottawa).

Wow, where'd you get THAT data?

DATA POLICE, ARREST THIS MAN, HE TALKS IN MATHS AND BUZZES LIKE A FRIDGE
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Fixed. And I think it'll just take place on one of these days... but it'll probably just depend on how many people show- and if anyone gets bored.

Rhyden is right. Afterall everyone knows that New Jersey is a county in Ottawa.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: LauraMars on September 27, 2009, 09:42:33 AM
Quote from: Rhyden on September 26, 2009, 11:34:38 PM(50% of Armers are from Ottawa).

Wow, where'd you get THAT data?

DATA POLICE, ARREST THIS MAN, HE TALKS IN MATHS AND BUZZES LIKE A FRIDGE

I base my data on the old frappr map http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,32750.0.html which conveniently doesn't seem to work. I bet Ottawa and Texas players make up at least 50% of Armers.

Don't tell Gimf I used faulty data!

emote Stalking in, @ eyes ~rhyden morbidly

This is going to be on the Eighteenth only! Kthnxbai.