Author Topic: Travel Time  (Read 292 times)

musashi

• My YouTube Channel
Travel Time
« on: September 16, 2009, 08:53:39 AM »
Obviously ... it's codedly possible to get from Allanak to Tuluk and back again in under an IG day, but about how long would staff like it to be RP'ed as taking?
Quote from: i can haz mantis
Random Thought: Don't argue against Musasushi because.... really... you lose.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Musashi, I hate it when you're right. ;)
Quote from: Nyr
I redacted the whole redacted.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
Re: Travel Time
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »
We don't have an official answer on this (and probably won't) as many things are based on subjective times.

Don't go from Allanak to Tuluk and back again in under an IG day.
Don't take IG years to travel from Allanak to Tuluk and back.

Pick a point between those two extremes based on how much RP you want to do, but pay attention to your surroundings and don't zip along so fast you miss possibly important cues...

I have to interject my pet peeve as a staffer in here.

Often we will try to 'entertain' some person or group traveling along the road.  The problem is that most people whip along so damned fast that I can't get a damn emote out before they zip on to the next room and invalidate the scene. I'm not the fastest typer and I find that I can't get out a nicely written echo in the five seconds that you take in your hurry to get from one towns tavern to the other.  Be nice to a staffer, slow down and take the time to smell the roses, or whatever else you may smell on the road.
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.