Author Topic: Echoes, emotes, talk scripts, oh my.  (Read 1443 times)

Wyx

• Legend
Echoes, emotes, talk scripts, oh my.
« on: July 01, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
In keeping with my general laziness love of the Little Things in the game, I'm hereby opening a call for players to submit several things to me.

General echoes: I need the room and a handful of echoes that would fit in there.
Examples of what these are: traffic going down the North Road in Allanak, people throwing up and getting into fights in the Gaj, etc.
Where these go well: places where there is activity, i.e. not in the middle of the Red Desert. Barracks, streets, taverns, etc. If you can think of new ones to replace old ones/go alongside them, by all means.

Generic actions: These are occasional thoughts, feels, emotes, and so forth by NPCs.
Examples of these: the drum circle in Tuluk, any other NPC that occasional emotes. YES I AM AWARE THAT THE KADIAN HAWKER IS ANNOYING.
Where these go well: Any NPC that is seen a lot, or that would do things.
Where these DO NOT go well: Bars. We don't want spam on top of spam in there.

Talk scripts: To talk to NPCs. Various topics can be accessed, most by "hi" or "topics" (or both).
Examples of these: Most bartenders, most NPCs in RSV.
Where these go well: NPCs that have things to say. Also, if there are NPCs with out of date information or ANCIENT rumors, feel free to submit more up-to-date stuff.

NPC brains: These send NPCs walking to different places depending on the time of day, so you can have a guard that guards until nightfall, heads to the Sanctuary 'til dusk, then resumes guarding. There are three total possibilities they cycle through, but they always cycle through them in order, and always at a certain time. If you want to submit these, please make sure that the rooms are not very far away, as they are not the best at finding pathways, and they can get lost or borked on long routes.
Examples of these: the sharp-eyed prostitute in Allanak that wanders from the Gaj to the Bazaar and back.
Where these go well: clan compounds, camps, short distances in cities.

To clarify, this is world-over stuff, not just public places. Your clan's camp or compound is fine, too, so long as this is something more than one or two people are going to see.

Send your stuff, with the subject [Little Things], to wyx@armageddon.org. Please for the love of my sanity be verbose and specify exactly what it is you're submitting and for whom and where.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:32:19 PM by Wyx »

Wyx

• Legend
Re: Echoes, emotes, talk scripts, oh my.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 10:05:25 PM »
Several of these have gone through already and more are on the way. Thanks to those who have submitted - the call is still open.

Eloran

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 12:49:14 AM »
Awesome.

mansa

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:56:16 AM »
I remember one fire eating dude that use to hang out in the OLD Allanak Bazaar, before the revision of the city in 2000.

Could we bring him back?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:38:16 AM »
I remember one fire eating dude that use to hang out in the OLD Allanak Bazaar, before the revision of the city in 2000.
I sort of remember him too.

Also, the man is too old now. Rewrite him before bringing him back.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

jcljules

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 09:39:01 PM »
Will this ever end? I've seen some cool echoes so far and honestly I wouldn't mind a room with a billion echoes, so long as there was only one every other minute or so.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.