Author Topic: Discussion about forum use  (Read 2566 times)

Adhira

• Producer
Discussion about forum use
« on: June 16, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
Welcome to our new Player Collaboration forum.

Use this thread to ask questions about the purpose of the forum, make suggestions and so on.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Taven

• Helper
Re: Discussion about forum use
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 01:54:15 PM »
I don't think it will suprise anyone when I say, Thank You, Staff!

I think that a board like this is Absolutely Incredible Wonderful, in that it's a large part of what I (and I think many fellow players) have been after for awhile now. To me, it's a reminder that despite all the hassles players and staff get into, that staff is listening. I also think that this, along with a number of other improvements on the IC side (code changes, new clans, etc.) show that the current Arm is alive and well, and not being given the cold shoulder. I'm hoping that the new board will provide some movitation for others who have considered making guides, and as a sort of (yes, I'm mentioning it!) inner-Arm Wiki for ideas to make into guides. It's really encouraging to me.

I hope that you all (players and staff alike) will put in commentary on some of the ideas purposed here, both the newer and the older, and maybe considering posting some of your own article/guide drafts.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

mansa

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
This forum is to assist in the creation of player guides and documentation that will be submitted to the website via the Original Submissions tool.  Feel free to raise topics that you'd like to see in the guides, post your guide for commentary or ask for player input and assistance in putting a guide together.

I think there might be some confusion with this subforum and the 'submissions' subforum, due to the title seemingly to be familiar.
Perhaps, hmm.

"Player Guides Collaboration" might be a better name?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Cutthroat

• Helper
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 02:02:14 PM »
Yes, I think this is great too. Thank you.

Player guides and documentation may be submitted via the Original Submissions tool.

Just a quick question about this bit - is the proper category in the Original Submissions tool "Documentation" or will there be a new "Player Guides" category created?

Adhira

• Producer
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 02:07:10 PM »
Documentation is the proper category for these submissions. That category was added last night specifically for this purpose.

If there are any posts scattered on the boards that should be move here please post a link for me, I went through and found the more recent ones so that you guys can continue to refine them and consider them for submission.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Adhira

• Producer
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 12:27:01 PM »
And we now have our first submitted doc on the website. Well done Cutthroat.

mansa

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »
Suggestion?

Have a link to the original post on the GDB at the bottom of the submitted Document, too.

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=479

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Adhira

• Producer
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 02:32:57 PM »
Not sure why we want to link it in. The idea of putting them on the website as a doc is so that they don't get confused with the back and forth that the gdb brings.

I think once they've graduated to proper gdb use they can find these threads pretty easily if they wanted to.

mansa

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »
This forum is hidden from most players?

Kol

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 03:34:16 PM »
No, its viewable buy everyone, including guests as far as I'm aware Mansa.

Why?
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Taven

• Helper
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 07:51:50 PM »
No, its viewable buy everyone, including guests as far as I'm aware Mansa.

Why?

No, it doesn't show up for guests.

I have no idea about other players.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

mansa

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 12:27:20 PM »
It doesn't show up to people not 'registered' for it.

So, my signature doesn't work anymore :(

mansa

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
Thanks adhira!!!!!!!
::kisses::