Armageddon Tropes -- What Narrative Conventions Have YOU Stumbled Into?

Started by NoteworthyFellow, May 28, 2009, 05:10:38 PM

my character doesn't want to run into one, but i as a person certainly do. its too bad that most pkers try to just end you quickly, since your character will attempt to escape, and rp takes time.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AxCrazy

Ax Crazy Murderer.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

October 22, 2011, 12:18:48 AM #82 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:20:37 AM by lordcooper
I'm not sure if this is the best idea or the worst idea.

I'm off to bed right this moment, but you've basically cost me tomorrow.  What category would Arm fall under though?  Videogames?  Fanfiction?  Literature?

Remember to edit in a link to the Arm page on the page of every trope that gets put on the Arm page!
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

October 22, 2011, 02:27:36 AM #83 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:54:57 AM by Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I think Zalanthas of itself is a CrapsackWorld.

And it could be interactive fiction or Video Game, I would think.

Except it's not. That thread is about tropes in Armageddon. This thread is about making Armageddon's TVtropes page.

Quote from: MeTekillot on October 23, 2011, 02:46:34 PM
Except it's not. That thread is about tropes in Armageddon. This thread is about making Armageddon's TVtropes page.

...which uses the tropes in Armageddon, and puts them on a page, unless I'm sorely mistaken? I'm just saying, it's very similar. You could look over that thread, and use all of the tropes picked out there to make the Armageddon page. Alternatively, you could have taken that thread and said that you wanted to make a TVtropes page, and already had all the comments from other people.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Merged the topics.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Hostile takeover. ;)
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Woooorking on it.

Okay okay after some searching I found a good one.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Dominatrix

It's not a perfect fit but fairly close.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.