Background Music of Zalanthas

Started by alicedavignon, April 25, 2009, 07:33:15 PM

What I tend to do when playing Arm (especially RTPs) is tossing in a song or two in loop that generally fit the theme of what's going on. If some of you do that, or could purely hypothetically imagine themselves doing it too, what music would you play and on what occassions?

To give it a start:

Before city gates

Black metal. Particularly more atmospheric black metal like Drudkh. Emperor is also good. Though mainly in times of peril.

Wait, best band for arming...Agalloch.

I dunno, for some reason I get a distinct black metal vibe when playing armageddon. go figure.
Free your hate.

Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I usually do metal, but I have a hard time finding music for my current (non-combative) PC, so I usually play in silence.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Background music from other games, usually. Or soundtracks from movies such as 300 or Gladiator. Here's some examples:

ZALATHAS: THE SOUNDTRACK
Hunting on the Tablelands.
Cai Shyzn
There are no Heroes under the Red Sun.
The end of the occupation.
In the company of Gypsies.
In His shadow.
The 'rinth.
In His light.
BONUS TRACK: Byn Patrol.

Feel free to add more!

If there's something playing while I'm playing, I'll get distracted and start singing along, and forget what I'm doing on Arm. Total focus. I'm too ADD. :-D
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Nakky Templar and their armies in the occupation of a certain midway point between Tuluk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1woxkraClg
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

For any scene involving an apartment: This

Depends on the character, though. I prefer Evanescence with this one. Some might go better with Godsmack, Rainbow, Dio, Metallica. Heh, Metallica suits the Byn.

The Conan soundtrack definitely suits Zalanthas, though.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I usually just listen to metal, nothing in particular.

Though I've recently been playing without music on, because I really need to focus to get into and stay in character.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Prefer this for exciting times myself!

Quote from: Bushranger on April 26, 2009, 04:41:12 PM

Usually plays when my characters get beaten up by 'Nakki templars.

Bushranger That was freaking funny! same with Byn patrol Thorg...

Quote from: Bushranger on April 26, 2009, 04:41:12 PM

Lol. That's a dwarf focus theme song.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

This whenever I ride or run into Red Storm.

the perfect but so undiscovered album for Zalanthas would be Yo-Yo Ma's Silk Road Journeys. It starts off with traditional music from Mongolia, which reminds me of what Tuluki bards might sound like, and gets progressively and progressively more arabic in style, what I'd imagine Allanak would sound like. If there is anyway to find this online or preview it, give it a try!

And I love Amon Amarth for epic battles.

I really love this thread. Now I just need to get my PC hooked up to the internetz so I can start stealing these songs for my playlist.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Antigone on April 27, 2009, 05:22:17 PM
It starts off with traditional music from Mongolia, which reminds me of what Tuluki bards might sound like...

That's interesting. I always though of Tuluk as being a Rome-like place. It might be the fact that they like red, white, the word Legion and marble though.