So Easy To Be Bad...

Started by jmordetsky, April 02, 2009, 01:37:56 PM

Heh... had two GdB windows open and posted in the wrong thread.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I'm of the opinion that skill_disguise should exist, and one should be able to apply it both to oneself and someone else.

It should be expensive, and have lots of room for failure. High success might imply that people would have to examine the person for longer, or more than just once. High failure might imply that upon first looking at the person, they see the entire mdesc. But -- On a good success --

It should mask the mdesc completely, but if someone 'examines' the subject, it reveals the mdesc, and sends a message to the person disguised 'Your disguise has been discovered by -sdesc-." If simply looked it, it would show an Equipment list.

This would mean: The person who examined you will see your entire mdesc, but it would be assumed that there would be no change in sdesc as you'd be wearing a face-mask, or a hood.

To be honest, I think, while not entirely realistic or all-encompassing, people wearing a facewrap and a hood should show no mdesc as well. In civilized areas, it should be outlawed to wear both a facewrap and a hood in public.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

When I first started playing if a Templar or militiaman saw someone with a hood on, they made them show themselves, and I don't remember EVERY seeing anyone in door with a hood up.  I see it all the time now.. I seem to remember my hepler telling me that it was a loose rule that you didn't wear your hood up inside the walls unless you were in Red Storm.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

That's how I remember it too. But when you think about it, it doesn't really make sense, and is an OOC means of finding the sdesc of someone. There no IG reason for lowering a hood, because 99% of the hoods in game wouldn't cover your face. Not to mention I'm sure many zalanthas constantly have their hods up or a facewrap on to protect them from the harsh elements.

Having a hood up in a bar or tavern doesn't make much sense though.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 10, 2009, 02:53:00 AM
That's how I remember it too. But when you think about it, it doesn't really make sense, and is an OOC means of finding the sdesc of someone. There no IG reason for lowering a hood, because 99% of the hoods in game wouldn't cover your face. Not to mention I'm sure many zalanthas constantly have their hods up or a facewrap on to protect them from the harsh elements.

Having a hood up in a bar or tavern doesn't make much sense though.

It isnt just an OOC means of finding as sdesc, because if you REALLY wanted to, just contact through the hood. Wearing a hood indoors is fine, but if it is in the presence of city militia, or more specifically, Templars or Nobles, you should have the respect to put your hood down. If you have to be asked, it is MY opinion you should get fined by the AoD for taking time out of their day, and the Noble's day, to bother looking at you.

There is a lot of stuff in game lately that -never- used to happen, and irks me. So far as being bad, I see far more people just come out, kill random NPCs at night, and go back to their dark scary alleys. Just once, I would like to see them try to kill a PC. Fair it up a bit*.

* To those that DO this already, thank you. You are providing the interaction to the players, WHILE twinking, not just twinking.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I attack random PCs with a twink character, with low combat skills once :P A lot of people hate getting randomly PK'ed, so it would be polite to leave them alive after you rob them.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.