Allanak Festival!

Started by Tarri, March 27, 2009, 05:38:40 PM

Hey all you Highlord lovin' citizens - we're holding a festival!
Yes, it is going to happen :)

It will start April 10th around 8pm EST, and events will continue through the week.
Rumors are circulating ICLY.

Hope to see lots of you passed out!

Tarri

Hey all, here's the schedule of events so far for the festival. We may be starting around 10pm EST on Friday instead of 8, but it will commence on Friday.

Friday - festival opening at Azure dragon, bard competition with drinking contest
Saturday- Arena games competitions
Sunday - Treasure hunt(s)
Monday - Dance competition
Tuesday - Brawl contest
Wednesday - Kurac party
Thursday - Surprise compettion
Friday - Drinking contest/drunken city race
Saturday - Wind it down.

Gladiators. Rawr.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Are you still looking for Gladiators or are all the roles filled?
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I stopped playing this game and I'm going to start again, just for the lovely combat spam.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: titansfan on April 05, 2009, 07:53:20 PM
Are you still looking for Gladiators or are all the roles filled?

Applications will only be open till Monday, 6th April.

After tonight, you know this is going to be sexy.  Miss at your own loss!

Please note, the Arena games on Saturday will start at approximately 8pm CST. For those wishing to compete please be in the Arena half an hour prior.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

April 10, 2009, 02:02:01 AM #9 Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:07:54 AM by Maso
Any chance of times for the other events?

Also, with you guys posting times and stuff, aren't you on Summertime DLS? So is CST -6 or -5 at the moment? (Feel sorry for offpeakers....)
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I was going to say something witty, but it was far too long to be funny. See y'all at the partay!
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I wish I could be there.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I think the Kuraci party on Wednesday night won't be starting until 9:30 PM or 10 PM EST.

I rather believe times will be posted for the other events when the people running them get firm times scheduled. As for the arena event, it'll be running for several hours, so you offpeakers show up if you can manage, sleepiness will be forgiven, I swear.

Thanks to all who participated in the commencement. Had a great time.  :D

A scavenger-type hunt sort of somethingorother will begin more or less around the general vicinity of 6 est on Sunday. That should be late enough to miss the majority of those Easter Dinners that start at noon and end at 4, for those of you who observe.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I woke up late and missed the best part  :'(
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

What was peak tonight? I saw 88 and I came on fairly late.

Edited to add: And I missed the party being elsewhere in the verse. I'm sure it was amazing though.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on April 12, 2009, 12:02:05 AM
What was peak tonight? I saw 88 and I came on fairly late.

Edited to add: And I missed the party being elsewhere in the verse. I'm sure it was amazing though.

You missed loads of combat spam, and one of the bloodiest fights in the Allanaki arena that any of my numerous characters have seen.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I'm not sure how many people went to the arena event. At one point I counted 62 people in Allanak, that was right before the event.

Thanks to everyone who participated, as spectators or fighters. A big thanks to the gladiators. I appreciate the effort you all put in, sorry about the spam, combat happens FAST. I think you all did a great job tonight and during the week for the build up.

Thanks again.

Bloody indeed.  :o But I had a good time since I've never seen anything like it before.

That was so much goddamn fun.

Yeh.

Thank you all.

It really was a lotta fun.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870