Author Topic: Seasonings--recipes and objects  (Read 1533 times)

Vanth

Seasonings--recipes and objects
« on: February 23, 2009, 03:55:31 PM »
I have a handful of plants that I think seasonings should be made from.  If you are interested in submitting some seasonings objects and recipes, please email me with [Seasonings] in the subject line.

How it works:
When you email me, I will send you the description of what the seasoning is made from, as well as any information I have about its scent or taste.

You will need to submit:
*a crafting recipe, how the above object is made into the below object using the cooking skill, formatted with these guidelines
*a seasoning object, like 'a thin pouch of yellow flakes' or 'a twist of blue and white paper' formatted with these guidelines
*seasoning information, formatted as follows
-flavor name (ex. citrodora)
-# of maximum uses
-flavor What is added to the seasoned food's taste message; begins a sentence, so please capitalize. (ex. A faint, citrus-like zing)
-odor What is added to the seasoned food's sniff message, formatted as a complete sentence.  (ex. This carries the fresh scent of citrus.)
-a list of what it enhances: it must enhance at least one type of food (types: meat, bread, fruit, dried fruit, mush, sweets, soup, tuber, burned, rotten, cheese, pepper, sour, vegetable, melon, grub, ant, insect)
-a list of what it ruins: it must ruin at least one type of food, see above (note: it is ok and even expected if some foods are neither enhanced nor ruined)
-desc What you see coming out of the seasoning packet, formatted to fit in the middle of a sentence.  (ex. some rough, ground-up leaves)

Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Ourla

• My Art Blog
Re: Seasonings--recipes and objects
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »
Seeing as how seasonings have to be in containers (small jars, twists of paper, etc.), should we include these items in the crafting recipe?  For example, if I wanted to write a crafting recipe for a paper twist of cactus flakes, do I need to include both a piece of paper and the cactus object?
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Vanth

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:48:02 PM »
Simple things like twists of paper or sandcloth pouches that could be made from scraps, you don't need to include them in the recipe.  I'd rather we use virtual packaging, because not all jars/vials/etc. are found in all cities and outposts.

rishenko

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 04:59:03 PM »
Can drinks be seasoned?  A la cinnamon, ginger, sugar, mint, etc. in coffees and teas?

Vanth

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »
Only food can be seasoned.

Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 03:21:58 PM »
Oh no, drinks can be "seasoned" alright.  ;)
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

FantasyWriter

• Tales of Then--Reflections of Now
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 06:45:49 PM »
Only food can be seasoned.

>season baby
You dash the small red-headed baby with salt

>taste baby
That taste like especially tender meat.
Greb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Vanth

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 01:19:31 PM »
Thanks to everyone who volunteered!