I'd Like To Encourage

Started by Is Friday, February 21, 2009, 02:50:09 PM

October 24, 2009, 08:59:30 PM #400 Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:01:39 PM by Niamh
I'd like to encourage people to keep this in mind:

Zagu-La - A person suffering from any number of the symptoms of genital itching, pus filled urine, irritating groin rash, or genital sores is generally said to have Zagu-La. Also called Crotch Rot by the lowest classes, this extraordinarily common affliction is spread sexually, and, some scholars and physicians argue, is likely Zalanthas's most prevalent ailment. There are almost as many treatments to prevent or cure this self limited condition as there are sands in the Red Desert, particularly among those in the sex trade. The measures include various charmed body tattoos, wooden talismans, and in Allanak the practice of eating one rotten fruit a week.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

Quote from: Niamh on October 24, 2009, 08:59:30 PM

Zagu-La - A person suffering from any number of the symptoms of genital itching, pus filled urine, irritating groin rash, or genital sores is generally said to have Zagu-La. Also called Crotch Rot by the lowest classes, this extraordinarily common affliction is spread sexually, and, some scholars and physicians argue, is likely Zalanthas's most prevalent ailment. There are almost as many treatments to prevent or cure this self limited condition as there are sands in the Red Desert, particularly among those in the sex trade. The measures include various charmed body tattoos, wooden talismans, and in Allanak the practice of eating one rotten fruit a week. [/b]

Sounds like Olgaris needs to write up another script ....
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on October 24, 2009, 09:01:34 PM

Zagu-La - A person suffering from any number of the symptoms of genital itching, pus filled urine, irritating groin rash, or genital sores is generally said to have Zagu-La. Also called Crotch Rot by the lowest classes, this extraordinarily common affliction is spread sexually, and, some scholars and physicians argue, is likely Zalanthas's most prevalent ailment. There are almost as many treatments to prevent or cure this self limited condition as there are sands in the Red Desert, particularly among those in the sex trade. The measures include various charmed body tattoos, wooden talismans, and in Allanak the practice of eating one rotten fruit a week. [/b]

Randomly attached to players that staff stop monitoring.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Someone should play an f-me PC and send in the list of who they've boinked to staff for scripting.

That would be teh awesome.

How about this gem?

QuoteLover's Bleed - Well known to be spread sexually, this affliction manifests as bloody urine, pelvic pain, and a red, itchy rash on the thighs. Those rare few who don't improve over a matter of days will note that their volume of urine gradually decreases over the course of weeks, until they can no longer urinate. After the cessation of urination, the victim grows slowly but progressively confused and then comatose, before inevitably dying. Those in the sex trade often use various fragrant salves applied daily to the genitals to prevent this common disease.

Bloody urine. Sounds totally worth it.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on October 24, 2009, 09:22:38 PM
Quote from: musashi on October 24, 2009, 09:01:34 PM

Randomly attached to players that staff stop monitoring.

'Krath sickness is scripted, so why not this?  People are too concerned about "winning" the sex-everyone-in-the-Known-World game to be trusted to play these out realistically, let alone make the conscious choice to HAVE such an affliction.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Seems like there wouldn't be a easy way to script that beyond having staff manually attach it to folks. We have no mudsex skills that I'm aware off.

Quote from: musashi on October 26, 2009, 02:15:41 AM
Seems like there wouldn't be a easy way to script that beyond having staff manually attach it to folks. We have no mudsex skills that I'm aware off.

That would likely be the case.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on October 26, 2009, 02:47:13 AM

Implement mudsex skills, then implement scripted STDs.

Problem solved!

- Bushranger.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I remember once sticking a sliver of bone, soaked in bimbal juice inside some fellow's thingie, to cure his problems. I dont remember if it helped, but I dont think he figured out if I did it just to mess with him, or did I really mean to cure him with that.

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on October 26, 2009, 02:47:13 AM

I've had staff attach some of that stuff to my chars before. Only, little research was done, and apparently it came from none of the PCs she was with, since NONE of them had/got it.

Was AWESOME to RP though. Kudos to you imms. Just look into who ELSE should have it as well. ;-) That's my encouragement.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

One of them was a carrier, and the others were immune. Or maybe you exposed all of them but you were the only one who ever had any symptoms. Lots and lots and lots of real-world illnesses work that way. Maybe your character inherited it from one of your birth-parents, and your character simply didn't display any symptoms until her body had the right mixture of catalyst from multiple partners.

My encouragement is for people to learn to take hints, especially when they're bludgeoned over the head with them.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

More honest encouragement of good rp. Less using the GDB as a means of sniping at other players. Keep the snide for IG, please.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: deviant storm on October 26, 2009, 07:19:51 PM
More honest encouragement of good rp. Less using the GDB as a means of sniping at other players. Keep the snide for IG, please.

I've been debating locking both of these threads for exactly that reason.  "I'd like to encourage people to <do something I saw someone not do and it pisses me off/not do something I saw someone do and it pisses me off>" is not exactly encouraging, it's bitch-cake with icing.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on October 26, 2009, 07:42:29 PM

I've been debating locking both of these threads for exactly that reason.  "I'd like to encourage people to <do something I saw someone not do and it pisses me off/not do something I saw someone do and it pisses me off>" is not exactly encouraging, it's bitch-cake with icing.

I agree, for the most part, and it sucks, because it needn't be that way, with the addition of a little positive positioning and a better choice of words.

Quote from: Nyr on October 26, 2009, 07:42:29 PM
it's bitch-cake with icing.

I'm going to start using that phrase. Awesome, Nyr.

+1
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

If you'd like to encourage another player, please send a player kudos.

Locking this thread.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.