I'd Like To Encourage

Started by Is Friday, February 21, 2009, 02:50:09 PM

Quote from: musashi on October 22, 2009, 10:35:32 PM
Quote from: Potaje on October 22, 2009, 10:22:01 PM
Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 21, 2009, 08:52:58 PM
I watch other PCs in the hope that they will then be inspired to hemote, and then they usually don't, and I'm disappointed :(

I think people mud sexing/ or eluding to it should watch each other and hemote, as well.. I mean love making and making out is an art of both obviousness ans subtlety.

this also works when your pc and his mate encounter another pc, you and your mate hemote sign conversation about the new pc...
hemo reaches a finger around to probe at ^potaje backside.
think Don't stop me, don't stop me!!!

:-\

Man, you'd be surprised how much people miss during mudsex. I laugh. C'mon people! Experience the full feelings!

Oh, and don't forget to use think and feel during mudsex too! It's great RP, after all.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Hey, not everyone wants to look closely at whoever's warming their night.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Quote from: Ocotillo on October 23, 2009, 10:55:13 AM
Hey, not everyone wants to look closely at whoever's warming their night.

This should be cited as another reason in favor of mdesc-concealing hoods and other objects.

The male wearing a brown paper bag rolls over and starts to snore.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Look at the person before you start acting like Billy Badass.

To many times have I seen players start talking shit to the absolute wrong person and when you LOOK at them, they are way more important than what their sdesc describes.  Many people with high social standing or rank or importance, LOOK the park.

(Could save your life too.)
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

I'd like people to encourage reading descriptions, room descriptions, item descriptions, tattoo descriptions, the descriptions of items that people wear... you'd be amazed at what you miss. Seriously. There are NPCs with normal descriptions and equipment, but if you look at a blue hat you learn that they are actually mages of doom.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Less mudsex, go tavern sit instead.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Dan on October 23, 2009, 08:40:48 PM
Less mudsex, go tavern sit instead.

This.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Go tavern sex and get the best of both.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I think you boys just aren't getting it.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 23, 2009, 09:13:00 PM
I think you boys just aren't getting it.

Well, obviously, if they're in the taverns, while everyone else is back in the apartments  :P
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Im not getting it because I don't enjoy it. I find it more than pointless, kind of sad. I can't help but picture what might be on the other end of the internet connection.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: musashi on October 23, 2009, 09:02:28 PM

Tried and true.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on October 23, 2009, 09:24:30 PM

Tried and true.

Gotta love the Gaj.

No dude, the Tooth all the way. Storm's End is good, too.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I've never actually had any PC of mine spend any length of time in the Gaj at all, I'm a Tuluki at heart, and can't bear to start the game with a southern accent.

... But I talk tons of shit anyway  ;)

Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 24, 2009, 01:18:09 AM
No dude, the Tooth all the way. Storm's End is good, too.

>em marks the Gaj and Tooth off of his list.

EDIT: >em marks off Storm's End too.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Dan on October 23, 2009, 09:22:14 PM
Im not getting it because I don't enjoy it. I find it more than pointless, kind of sad. I can't help but picture what might be on the other end of the internet connection.

I don't mind mudsex. Let people do what they find necessary, right?

What I would like to encourage though, is more general "being available" if you find yourself isolated in a generally non-iso role. It sucks when you are trying to find a pair (or more) of people, and they're obviously mudsexing because they send a telepathic message like "*feelings of pleasure seep into the telepathic link* How are you?" And then you try to find them the day after, and it's the same thing. And it happens over and over.

But mudsex isn't the only thing that isolates. I guess what I would like to say is...

"I would like to encourage active idling (like watching the screen. and solo RP) in taverns if you are bored - instead of inactive idling (not watching the screen) in an apartment/clan compound, or doing repetitive activities like mudsex or crafting."

I had a PC that masturbated so much the imms told my PC's boss, who told my PC to stop masturbating in the barracks. Some of the Ways done led to some hilarious interaction.

I don't think enough people masturbate, so I'm gonna have to encourage that one.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

While thinks and feels are great, don't expect staff to be watching you if you're spending a lot of time mudsexing.  While I can't speak for other staff, I personally will stop watching when I find someone sexing it up.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

Quote from: Niamh on October 24, 2009, 11:06:44 AM
While thinks and feels are great, don't expect staff to be watching you if you're spending a lot of time mudsexing.  While I can't speak for other staff, I personally will stop watching when I find someone sexing it up.
Now you all know why they don't watch you with your review flag on...lol.

Seriously though, I never really got the point of mudsexing beyond, "OOC Fade to Black, gave you the best time of your life."

In fact I've had chicks (or dudes playing chicks) get mad at me for fading to black.  I just gotta say, for all the many things I enjoy in Arm, I prefer real sex to make believe and find it slightly friggin wierd personally.

Y'all need a way of filtering out all the scary command emotes without missing the pillow talk.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Or better yet.... DO something.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on October 24, 2009, 01:27:06 PM

Y'all need a way of filtering out all the scary command emotes without missing the pillow talk.

Ideally, if it's important it should get emailed to clan staff in a report.  Minus the sexy emotes, that is.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

Quote from: Is Friday on October 24, 2009, 09:09:04 AM
I had a PC that masturbated so much the imms told my PC's boss, who told my PC to stop masturbating in the barracks. Some of the Ways done led to some hilarious interaction.

I don't think enough people masturbate, so I'm gonna have to encourage that one.

This ... has made my day.