Author Topic: Call For Tastes and Scents  (Read 2464 times)

Wyx

• Legend
Call For Tastes and Scents
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:54:59 PM »
In my ongoing effort to help with The Little Things:

This is a call for all you out there who love the sniff and taste commands.

Ever tasted an object and gotten "this tastes like ordinary bread/food/soup/brainz?"
Ever sniffed something and gotten "you don't smell anything special?"
Ever thrown seasoning on something, ate it, and the seasoning covered up whatever the original taste was?

Help me fix it.
Throw me the sdescs of items like this, along with what they should taste or smell like, and I'll implement them.

Food is obvious for the taste messages, but scent messages can be anything. If it SHOULD have a distinct odor, make it so!

Please send these to Wyx@armageddon.org with the subject [Tastes and Scents]. Please send as many as you want in one lump up to twenty, but please don't send more than one email until your first has been dealt with.

Wyx

• Legend
Re: Call For Tastes and Scents
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:01:59 PM »
Ever thrown seasoning on something, ate it, and the seasoning covered up whatever the original taste was?

Forgot to mention about this. This is an easy fix to a problem; in this case, just send me the sdesc of the food item in question (not the seasoning), and I'll fix it.

Fathi

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:42:55 PM »
This is awesome. Many a time have I played a cook-type character or even a character hired to professionally cook for an event and been distressed that the items my PC spent hours and hours on just taste like ordinary bread.

Or to discover my mushrooms taste like ordinary meat.  :o
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Pale Horse

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »
Does this include clan specific items?
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Wyx

• Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 09:59:03 PM »
This includes anything and everything. I'm a workhorse. Load me up.

HailTheAbyss

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 07:35:48 AM »
Is anyone still working on anything like this? Lots of stuff still does not smell of anything, especially rooms in taverns, which I really think should have some kind of aroma about them...

Cindy42

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 12:19:37 PM »
this sounds awesome. i help now.

p.s. i really love the red storm cuisine :)
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Potaje

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 11:13:03 PM »
Is anyone still working on anything like this? Lots of stuff still does not smell of anything, especially rooms in taverns, which I really think should have some kind of aroma about them...

Is there a list of things still needed?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 02:18:27 PM »
This hasn't been active for over two years.  I'm going to go ahead and lock this as people keep bumping it.

If someone is listed as "Legend," you can be sure they are not working on your project, even if they haven't said so.  :)
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.