Author Topic: Discussion re: Taven's Guide to Plot Involvement  (Read 958 times)

number13

Discussion re: Taven's Guide to Plot Involvement
« on: January 31, 2009, 10:59:57 PM »
I've become fairly decent at entertaining myself outside of staff-run plots.  As bonus points, occasionally a staff member will notice my the stupid things I do and animate NPCs spontaneously.

1) Make enemies, but try to keep it non-lethal.

2) Hire people to do stuff. Pass out busy work to the newer players who haven't found a clan yet. If a PC is offering a service, go ahead and buy it. If a PC isn't offering a service that they could conceivably provide, try to convince them to sell it anyway.

3) Explore places that other PCs don't generally go.  Take a friend or hire a guard for extra fun.

4) If there's someone planning something that could be fun, jump all over it. Help out, tag along, pass some coins over, or actively oppose them.

Taven

• Helper
Re: Discussion re: Taven's Guide to Plot Involvement
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:29:48 PM »
I've become fairly decent at entertaining myself outside of staff-run plots.  As bonus points, occasionally a staff member will notice my the stupid things I do and animate NPCs spontaneously.

1) Make enemies, but try to keep it non-lethal.

2) Hire people to do stuff. Pass out busy work to the newer players who haven't found a clan yet. If a PC is offering a service, go ahead and buy it. If a PC isn't offering a service that they could conceivably provide, try to convince them to sell it anyway.

3) Explore places that other PCs don't generally go.  Take a friend or hire a guard for extra fun.

4) If there's someone planning something that could be fun, jump all over it. Help out, tag along, pass some coins over, or actively oppose them.

I think most of these are already outlined in the article, but there good ideas. If there's a spot where your suggestions could help flesh out where it's touched upon, I'll update it and stick your handle in the credit section. :)
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.