Undertuluk changes

Started by Ammut, January 21, 2009, 09:14:36 PM

UT has long been a place I've wanted to have a successful character, and now its been made a MUCH more happening place.

You guys, coders and STs and HLs alike, thank you. If I ever die (No getting ideas) I think I might start a half-giant burglar.

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN A HALF-GIANT CAN HIDE BEHIND COUCHES?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Trust me, you do -not- want to go any route other than warrior with a half-giant.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I've always wanted to play a half-giant pickpocket in UT.  The novelty of it would get boring after a while, but for a time I'd be amused.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 11, 2009, 10:28:55 PM
Trust me, you do -not- want to go any route other than warrior with a half-giant.

Quote from: Ammut on February 11, 2009, 10:30:45 PM
I've always wanted to play a half-giant pickpocket in UT.  The novelty of it would get boring after a while, but for a time I'd be amused.

I'm with Ammut on this one, really. I'm sure that, eventually, I'd be really pissed off about the lack of agility and wisdom coming from my half-giant, but MAN would the RP be funny as he starts coveting people's things.

For about a week. Then I'd just move on to my usual Human with innocence issues.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Not gonna lie.....I think this is awesome......Vanth for President!
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Badass!
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 11, 2009, 10:28:55 PM

I can think of one other solid guild choice.

Get it? Solid?

Hehe.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

YESSSSSS!  Thank you Vanth and Nessalin!
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Riev on February 11, 2009, 10:26:24 PM
WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN A HALF-GIANT CAN HIDE BEHIND COUCHES?

Make smaller couches. :)

Also, this rocks. Thank you guys.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Morrolan on January 22, 2009, 05:11:16 AM
Quote from: FuSoYa on January 22, 2009, 12:26:43 AM
Starting location would be neat as would an accent... but what do I know.

>point UnderTuluk

And Thank You, Staff!
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Awesome.  Now to figure out if characters starting there get their own accent.

And HG can do well in several guilds.  Not all of which is obvious at first.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

They will get the normal Northern accent. Vanth said that a few posts up.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Let me just say, for the record, I love UT and I am extremely pleased that staff has taken interest in making it a more playable area. This is a great opportunity for all you guys who like the shady side of arm life but don't want to play in the boring old rinth.
Quote from: Tarx on April 13, 2008, 11:43:02 PM
The longer a PC lives, the more likely they will die to something stupid.

-ginka's law

I have yet to ever play in Tuluk...  this makes me really want to check it out.  Last I knew the place was... dull and lacking.  Now it sounds like some good work is getting put into it.  Awesome.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Quote from: JustAnotherGuy on February 12, 2009, 08:52:10 PM
I have yet to ever play in Tuluk...  this makes me really want to check it out.  Last I knew the place was... dull and lacking.  Now it sounds like some good work is getting put into it.  Awesome.

Could use a few more players, it's pretty nice.

It's a death-trap for newbz who think they're too cool to pack three or four lights on them at all times though.

The aggravation factor of stumbling through the darkness and losing your bearings is sometimes enough to make me punch a hole in the wall.  I mean really, keeping one hand on a wall and following a straight line can't be THAT difficult.

Only in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Ammut on February 12, 2009, 09:08:50 PM
The aggravation factor of stumbling through the darkness and losing your bearings is sometimes enough to make me punch a hole in the wall.  I mean really, keeping one hand on a wall and following a straight line can't be THAT difficult.

The room descs in UT generally don't indicate straight lines, but rough tunnels that curve all over the place. Light in UT is like water in the desert. You run out, you probably die.

It'd be nice if the glowing moss on the cavern walls were taken into account.

I mean, it doesn't even have to make you see perfectly, but I'd imagine faintly glowing moss would at least keep you from stumbling all over the place like a bumbling idiot.

Quote from: number13 on February 12, 2009, 10:48:20 PM
Quote from: Ammut on February 12, 2009, 09:08:50 PM

The room descs in UT generally don't indicate straight lines, but rough tunnels that curve all over the place. Light in UT is like water in the desert. You run out, you probably die.

More than a few are described as straight and narrow, however.

>_>

Undertuluk is no longer a starting location. That is saddening.

It's like taking the pizza out of pizza-pie.
It's like taking the Desert from the D-Elf.
It's like taking the Halflings from the Forest
It's like.. flooding the tunnels of a half-forgotten set of ancient caves and catacombs with all the crap from above....
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

That was rather... short lived.  Glad I made at least one PC there before it was taken out. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

:'(
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Dwarf focus:

Invent the submarine.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Meh, anything that is condensing the playerbase is fine by me.