Undertuluk changes

Started by Ammut, January 21, 2009, 09:14:36 PM

Quote from: staggerlee on December 08, 2009, 11:51:16 AM
Quote from: Reiloth on December 08, 2009, 11:47:14 AM
Quote from: Kryos on December 07, 2009, 11:52:58 PM
I like how this shows staff are willing to make lasting changes to the world.  I just hope they consider being more generous with player initiated big changes too.

I could be mistaken, but I believe this HRPT was entirely the concept of players.

I have exactly the same inkling.
I think that players were far more involved in causing the events of the HRPT than many realize.

They at least had a chance. A past character of mine had an extremely good idea of what could happen, and looking back, I realize that he was more involved than I thought at the time. The benefit of hindsight!
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on December 08, 2009, 12:04:20 PM
They at least had a chance. A past character of mine had an extremely good idea of what could happen, and looking back, I realize that he was more involved than I thought at the time. The benefit of hindsight!

Yeah.  Looking back, I can see how a character of mine from years back, was involved with the beginnings of the events we're seeing happening in the game, right now.  It gives a nice, warm feeling of "Sooooo cool!" to know just how long these things have been simmering.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I think that players were far more involved in causing the events of the HRPT than many realize.

From what I know about the overall plot, in and of itself it is/was not the concept of players. But the individual events in the plot, which have been required to move it forward, backwards, and sideways; that stuff has been driven by the players. But the original instigation, AFAIK, was through world events and NPC interaction. I was there myself in 2007 as a major participant in [thing] that led to [something happening] and eventually [current stuff]. And I could name a bunch of other players who were involved in or there for that thing and other things which were necessary for the current plot.

Wow, that was vague. In short: Player-driven but staff-instigated.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

December 08, 2009, 02:25:49 PM #103 Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:45:48 PM by Reiloth
Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 08, 2009, 12:16:26 PM

From what I know about the overall plot, in and of itself it is/was not the concept of players. But the individual events in the plot, which have been required to move it forward, backwards, and sideways; that stuff has been driven by the players. But the original instigation, AFAIK, was through world events and NPC interaction. I was there myself in 2007 as a major participant in [thing] that led to [something happening] and eventually [current stuff]. And I could name a bunch of other players who were involved in or there for that thing and other things which were necessary for the current plot.

Wow, that was vague. In short: Player-driven but staff-instigated.

From private information I have, I'll have to agree to disagree. I think it was pretty much player instigated as well.

EDIT: By private I mean information i've had from previous high-fantasy characters. I just didn't put 2 and 2 together. Like other's said, it's such a "Whoa, that's awesome" moment.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I was there in 2007 during a thing that happened with a thing, and witnessed one thing, and explored the aftermath of a different, but related thing (same thing, somewhere else). From what I understood at the time (and understand now), the plotline itself originated with the players, and was given help from the staff, which was more of a "co-pilot" than a pilot of that particular ride. The staff owned the vehicle. The players decided where it was driving, took the wheel, and drove it there. The staff merely turned on the GPS.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

These metaphors are getting pretty thick. Someone open a window.

this is some pretty trippy shit. go on.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Lizzie on December 08, 2009, 05:46:01 PM
I was there in 2007 during a thing that happened with a thing, and witnessed one thing, and explored the aftermath of a different, but related thing (same thing, somewhere else). From what I understood at the time (and understand now), the plotline itself originated with the players, and was given help from the staff, which was more of a "co-pilot" than a pilot of that particular ride. The staff owned the vehicle. The players decided where it was driving, took the wheel, and drove it there. The staff merely turned on the GPS.

Actually the vehicle was on lease, but unfortunately they had an accident part way through that hit their insurance.
But you have to know about the thing, with the other thing for that to make sense.

*cough*

What's the point of anecdotes you can't share? Why do people on the GDB cite them like they somehow support arguments?
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Most of the time, players are at least partially wrong about the nature of any plot in the game, even if players started it.  As whatever these plot may or may not have been is not open for discussion (nor is the removal of UT, by the way), I'm going to do what I do best.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.