Undertuluk changes

Started by Ammut, January 21, 2009, 09:14:36 PM

http://www.armageddon.org/general/updates/view.php

World:
Made some changes to UnderTuluk to fix mapping -- Vanth.
Updated some UnderTuluk shopkeepers -- Vanth.
rumor board added to the UnderTuluk pub -- Vanth.
Adjustments were made to foraging in a few UnderTuluk locations -- Vanth.

Thank you, Vanth.  This makes me want to play in UT again.  The message board alone makes it a more player friendly place and less isolated.

I'm not done yet. ;)
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Something changed actually shot down an idea of mine, but it's okay. I'll just have to revamp it.

Oh, and the board ROCKS.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I was going to base a character there once, one of my first. I couldn't find it.  :-[
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

January 21, 2009, 11:23:35 PM #5 Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:26:47 PM by Akoto
As someone who often plays natives (or residents) of Undertuluk, it's a thrill to see the place receiving fresh attention. This is already a great area, and any improvements which might draw in players would rock.

Some of these changes will require me to remap parts of the depths (this map will never be finished!), but I'm pleased to see that one of my suggestions was - I think - taken into account. Looking forward to trying everything out when I next have an opportunity.

I hate to admit it, after whining that UT was "wasted space" in a year old thread, but after having made an earnest effort to explore it and played in it, I actually like Undertuluk better than the Rinth.  People yearning for a better Rinth with actual activities should give it a try.

A message board down in the tunnels = awesome.

Now all UT needs is a better name.

The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) mascot is the miners.

Heh. The UTEP miners.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

How about the catacombs? Yes, catacombs generally refer to a burial place for the dead but according to the dictionary:

–noun
1.    Usually, catacombs. an underground cemetery, esp. one consisting of tunnels and rooms with recesses dug out for coffins and tombs.
2.    the Catacombs, the subterranean burial chambers of the early Christians in and near Rome, Italy.
3.    an underground passageway, esp. one full of twists and turns.

Unless of course, there are other catacombs I don't know about.

I like Catacombs better.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

"The Gloom" is my suggestion.

Anyway, I have a hard believing the NPCs down there call it 'UnderTuluk'.  I know the market has a name. Perhaps UT as whole has a name that I just haven't been exposed to, yet.

There's a whole bunch of fun facts about UT that could be expressed in talk scripts, staff time permitting.

Starting location would be neat as would an accent... but what do I know.

Thanks for the changes.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

"Equipped with waterskins full of piss and an uncanny knack for constantly upsetting Legionnaires by doing stupid shit."  --Catacomb Kids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk6HTtpACuA
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on January 22, 2009, 12:32:05 AM
"Equipped with waterskins full of piss and an uncanny knack for constantly upsetting Legionnaires by doing stupid shit."  --Catacomb Kids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk6HTtpACuA

I dig.
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

I really like "The Gloom".

Awesome stuff, Vanth.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: FuSoYa on January 22, 2009, 12:26:43 AM

>point UnderTuluk
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on January 22, 2009, 05:11:16 AM

>point UnderTuluk

...wait, you can already do this even though it doesn't show up on the Hall of Kings list?

Quote from: jcljules on January 22, 2009, 06:37:27 AM
Quote from: Morrolan on January 22, 2009, 05:11:16 AM
>point UnderTuluk
...wait, you can already do this even though it doesn't show up on the Hall of Kings list?
I've never tried, but no.  It was a post in support of the idea.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

An UT accent would be awesome, but seeing "in Under-Tuluki sihirish" would seem a bit tacked on to me. Gotta come up with a better name that will roll off the tongue when turned into an adj.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

January 22, 2009, 09:23:11 AM #20 Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:24:44 AM by Ender
The main area of UT that most dwellers are from is known as the Shallows.  I've always really liked that name for it.  Other areas down there have cool names too that you can find out ICly!
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

> go under tuluk

> Find PC

> Ask PC Hey what do you guys call this place

> PC looks at you

> PC says 'your grave'

Mantishead.
Quote from: AJM
Only noobs quote themselves.

Depending on race and background....I have many different names for it. Being that I have played there quite a bit, I view theses names as  universals, yet still understand other people's views of it. If my characters don't understand IC I ask IC...simple as that....but there are -true- names for each area.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

January 22, 2009, 01:37:01 PM #23 Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:54:01 PM by Ampere
Perhaps, for clarification, the bartender could lay down some history to those interested in listening?

Oh, and Vanth, it's appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed the tour guide.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Are there any clans in UT? Or IMMs who supervise the whole area or anything?