Treasure hunting

Started by Anonymous, May 26, 2003, 03:54:26 PM

Quote from: "creeper386"
Quote from: "Naephet"The point of the game is not to be the toughest, coolest, meanest, sexiest, richest, most awesomest character of all time.

Well... There goes my idea for a half-giant warrior/con-artist concept that was going to be a pimp and part time stripper... *SIGH*

Creeper
I was going to go Mul Merchant/Con-Artist myself.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I don't think the original poster was implying that the IMMs are specifically preventing HIM, but preventing all people from reaching this treasure.  (Personally, I think he's talking about Vendyra, she is an unattainable treasure of a woman, and no wonder the IMMs are OOC making it impossible to reach her.  Is that enough butt-kissing for the other guest poster? ;))

There are plenty of impossible treasures in the game.   Certain areas are, or were, riddled with treasure.  Certain areas I couldn't get into without a lot of power to get access to the treasure.  Certain areas I would have a big fight to get into.  Certain areas I have no clue how to get into.

What do I do?  I do nothing.  I look for other treasures to find, like the attainable ones that are not too hard.  Or maybe I try to assemble a group of good people and then go after the unattainable treasure.

If I was able to attain such a great treasure, solo, it would have been taken a long time ago by someone before me.

That's just the game, Guest number one.  Find a treasure you can attain, and then go spend a few hours on the path to getting it.  And if you do get it, shoot, cap it and smoe day you'll get to tell people you did that!  Enjoy the game, or become an IMM, or do something other than just complain.

QuoteHas anyone else come across things in Arm like a potential treasure and such that was made impossible to attain by the imms?

I have not come across that.

That aside, let me try to help out: Under the Arm GDB header it says 'no IC-sensitive information'. Your question, as you've pointed out, has IC-sensitive information that you don't wish to post. As a result, your question comes across so vague that it's almost impossible to reply in a useful fashion.

As others have said, for questions with IC-info, email the MUD. By nature of these boards, you probably won't get a satisfactory answer here.

My other suggestion is: If you wish to take, obtain, steal treasure that you think is impossible, but shouldn't be, email the MUD ahead of time, or try wishing up. Can't hurt to try, right? At the very least, I imagine that would dispell your idea that the IMMs are conspiring towards your failure.

I didn't know Zalanthas had Trolls. ;) Sorry, couldn't help it.
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]