stuck

Started by Bob, May 24, 2003, 05:27:11 AM

I will really try not to let out too much ic info on this.

Im in a clan but I never see anyone and im told not to leave the gates, there is nothing I can do its not in byn its in the nlands *wince* forgive me what can I do?

If your PC is unhappy with his job he should probably quit.

Or maybe he wants to keep his job but still live the dangerous life, he could try to bend a few rules and hope he doesn't get caught.

It's your PC you decide how dedicated he will be to his job or livelihood.  Ofcourse if you start breaking rules ICly don't be too shocked if you are punished ICly as well within whatever clan you are a part of.

There is ofcourse plenty to do within Tuluk itself or to make RP for yourself.  Use your imagination, you don't have to be exploring or hunting to have a fun time.  RP out your job or go around and hit on barflys.  Start an illegal underground gambling ring or take up breeding gurths as pets.

Not really knowing anything about your specific situation I really can't give you much more help beyond that
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Best bet, is probably email the clan imm or clan leader whoever that is. Even if it's not a coded clan ussually if it's an established player clan there should at least be a leader email to contact someplace. If you don't have one and can't find them... Well, email the MUD account with the problem and they should be able to convey a message and what not.

If it's more an IC problem, I'd suggest the above, but it seems the problem is with lack of PCs, which can make things really boring at times, solo RP only goes so far for a single period of time, training tends to be on the hold... Sometimes may not even know WHAT you should be doing because you've already done what you were told to do and such. If your a crafter could very well run out of materials to craft with and such. Yeah, not fun situation and most of it wouldn't happen ICily because there normally well be people around.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

You make it seem like being able to go outside the gates would make your situation better, or the game more fun. Its not like 'everyone' but you is outside the gates of either city-state throwing big parties laughing at everyone in City-restrictive clans. Most people are in the same boat as you. There are the occassional hunters around, but they often times dont last long.

And alot of the times its not IC to just go outside the gates because its something to do. You the player might want to explore the world, but your character might be very well aware of the dangers outside and know better then to travel untrained and unaccompanied into the wilds.

Anyways if your bored in your position leave. If its one of those 'life' commitments then face the wrath of your employers. The "Rebel" command should let you rebel against them... but make sure your far enough away.

What if it isn't the city gates, but the estate gates that the character may not leave? That'd be rather hard to play.
f time conversions are giving you a head-ache, visit: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

Quote from: "Ender"If your PC is unhappy with his job he should probably quit.

Or maybe he wants to keep his job but still live the dangerous life, he could try to bend a few rules and hope he doesn't get caught.

It's your PC you decide how dedicated he will be to his job or livelihood.  Ofcourse if you start breaking rules ICly don't be too shocked if you are punished ICly as well within whatever clan you are a part of.

Actually this reminds me of something I was wondering about.  

If you're unhappy (in an out of character sense) with your clan, is it bad RP to bail on it, even if your character wouldn't necessarily have a strong reason to?   In other words, is it okay to come up with an IC excuse to leave to preserve your OOC happiness?

QuoteActually this reminds me of something I was wondering about.

If you're unhappy (in an out of character sense) with your clan, is it bad RP to bail on it, even if your character wouldn't necessarily have a strong reason to? In other words, is it okay to come up with an IC excuse to leave to preserve your OOC happiness?

Hm... In my opinion, and I have heard similar opinions from people through out the whole RPing world pretty much, is that it's a game to have fun in. If OOC circumstances such as no other PCs to play with or what not make it so it isn't that much fun, well, it's not fun, probably not entertaining, and not much reason to stay there.

BUT, you should always try to make the situation better. Talk with the leaders, the Imms about ideas to make it better. Talk to other people for ideas or try to get them to set up things with the clan. Even if it isn't them joining if they might think of some reason why they'd have interaction with said clan maybe that can take that route. SHRUG.

But sometimes, it's just abit unbearable. Past character was in a clan, wasn't getting payed because the leaders weren't around ICily, there were no other clan members in the region, although I was able to leave the gates, and deal with other people, for the most part, being in that clan was more restrictive to enjoyment then anything else. Although I ended up retiring the clan imm told me that since there wasn't any agreements that said character had to stay around or anything, he would understand if I wanted to leave the clan and such.

So, brief summary, if it's not fun don't feel as if you have to stay in it just because it'd be ICily. Not saying if it's just hard ICily or anything. But that you as a player aren't having fun, probably shouldn't be playing there, and be better off for everyone because you may not always be completely into it and just slacking along just because you 'have to'.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Please note that option to retire a character is also available. This allows your character to disappear in an IC manner. You must give good reason in your email to the House Immortal. I personally find OOC disappearances extremely annoying.

<----IMMs, shouldn't I have a little (helper) under my name?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870