Now I feel Old

Started by DrunkenSalarr, May 21, 2003, 02:10:10 AM

I just got reading the news file (if you don't at least look at this from time to time you should), and I got to the end and realized that I remember most of those code changes and tweaks.  Hell, it didn't go back far enough to some of the major ones I do remember.  And I know there are many people who have been playing longer than I.

Well, I'm goign to go feel old now.

~Drunken Salarr, who didn't realize just how long he had been addicted.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

Dude, I'm with ya.
I actually remember there being more but then having the news file truncated so that it lead with the clan post.
*sigh*
ou want some raptor fries with that?

Shit, I remember when they took out the skill %'s....
And killing templars in Allanak and Tuluk for steel scimitars and halfswords with Thrain Ironsword.
And little bedraggled halfling vivadus, driving wagons off the shield wall.
And a Mantis that would scream when he walked into a certain tavern in Allanak...
And riding with Neithan Kurac in the Kuraci argosy, driving into Meliths circle, running into Traders, killing a Red Robed templar, jumping back into the argosy, and driving into the 'rynth.
And when house Oash was the ONLY noble house in the game.
And a Sneering half-giant that struck fear into EVERYBODY, except the gypsies who somehow knew his real name..
And Aryk Al'azia driving his jingling wagon back and forth between Tuluk and Allanak, with spice, to fund the gypsies..

don't talk about being old... heh.
-Moe the Schmoe
:twisted:  :evil:
I wish it hurt to be dumb.

Grin, thats pretty good, but I remember...
before the infamous keeping of a percentage of skill points on your next char
before mount rental
when, the only race choices were HG, dwarf, human, elf and halfelf.
when the only class choices were ranger, warrior, burgler, assassin, sun cleric, wind cleric, stone cleric and water cleric.
When defiler was put in
when half-giant stone clerics (and other clerics) could cast while wielding a steel greatsword.
when it literaly took a couple real life hours to walk from one side of tuluk to the other
when typing who and seeing 4 players other then yourself was peak hours
When there was only one black robed templar in the game (I'm sure it was Ness)
when gith was put in as a race choice, and mul.
when magickers being able to wield and cast at the same time was taken out.

Ok, I'm gonna shut up now before I turn directly into ancient dust.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Ah, yes, remember when you had to repack your pack every time you logged back in - and people in the taverns would yell at your oocly to repack outside because of the spam?
ou want some raptor fries with that?

Snicker, Oooh, nearly forgot about that fun bit of arm history.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

What news file?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

And I thought I was old!  Jeezus, Moe and X-D, there are PLAYERS who've been around longer than I have?!  That's insane!!  :D

I remember:
-Before there -were- gypsies
-A halfling Whiran who used to travel the known world
-Hunting Belgoi for their little copper bells!  Belgoi?  What's a Belgoi?!  *grin*
-Before there was a Halaster!!
-When attacking the woman shopkeeper running the 'occult' store in the old Tuluki commons was simply a VERY BAD idea.  Those who remember this will know what I'm talking about!  ;)
-A library near the Tuluki commons, and an old Tuluki commoner sage who seemed to know....EVERYTHING!
-Running around Allanak to find mortally wounded soldiers and npc templars, backstabbing them with my halfling assassin to get their cool bronze and steel weapons!
-Hanging out in Flint's with Blackmoon raiders.  Flint's?!
-Blueballs the one-eyed dwarven pirate and being forced to 'look blueballs'
-Hanging out in Tankin's with Blackmoon raiders
-Being killed by the Sneering Halfgiant for talking shit about him in a tavern
-Killing some idiot defiler only to have some other pc run up to me and say 'Why did you kill me?!'  *cackle*
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

Flint's!!

Oh, I know who made that shopkeeper BTW:)
Lizzie:

:wonders if anyone was in Steinal before the cataclysm, and drools at the thought of what might be buried there:
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Quote-Hanging out in Flint's with Blackmoon raiders. Flint's?!

Hey, that might have been me you were hanging out with.

:lol:
---------------------------------
The Artist Formerly Known as Breg