Neat little things

Started by fourTwenty, November 16, 2008, 10:14:13 PM

Quote from: Nergal on November 26, 2016, 02:15:08 PM
When you scribble, it has a default ldesc, but the scribble is an object like anything else. You can 'arrange' it to say whatever you want, for example: arrange scribble ~ is on the wall here.

Most awesome thing ever.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

' is say.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: nauta on November 19, 2016, 03:36:32 PM

hold flute
play flute

With various musical instruments, you can use the 'play' command.  I never knew this!  I always tried 'use' and failed or made up the emote.

This is, if I recall correctly, a Sanvean addition to the game.

We can look at expanding the 'use' command to do the same thing as 'play' since that may be why so many are unaware of it.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Quote from: nessalin on January 23, 2017, 03:37:04 PM

hold flute
play flute

With various musical instruments, you can use the 'play' command.  I never knew this!  I always tried 'use' and failed or made up the emote.

We can look at expanding the 'use' command to do the same thing as 'play' since that may be why so many are unaware of it.

This is by far one of the coolest things in the game. If it got linked to use, it'd see a bit more use... but can these be tailored to each individual instrument? Or can the echos reach other rooms? I love that "play" when using a whistle produces a shrill sound, but if its only for in room the possibilities are kinda meh.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Heheheheh. Whistles scare the crap out of people in adjacent rooms.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

Quote from: WithSprinkles on January 24, 2017, 03:34:26 AM
Heheheheh. Whistles scare the crap out of people in adjacent rooms.
Is this legit? I want to knoooow.

Might vary by whistle. Some don't seem to be loud enough.

Quote from: Riev on January 23, 2017, 03:45:37 PM
Quote from: nessalin on January 23, 2017, 03:37:04 PM

hold flute
play flute

This is by far one of the coolest things in the game. If it got linked to use, it'd see a bit more use... but can these be tailored to each individual instrument? Or can the echos reach other rooms? I love that "play" when using a whistle produces a shrill sound, but if its only for in room the possibilities are kinda meh.

Instruments have an instrument type.  Some are normal like 'drum' 'flute' others are more esoteric.  Each type has its own message.

While the regular instrument only work for in-room messages, there are some one-off items that message adjacent rooms.

We used to make whistles for halflings and mantis that would send messages 1-5 rooms away.  The mantis because they don't really talk like mammals and were simple whistles that everyone heard the same message.  For halflings they were for hunting.  non-halflings would have a minor chance to see an echo about random bird song, halflings would hear specific messages in the whistle 'flee' 'help' 'prey here' 'hide'.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Every time I hear about halflings, I cry.  Why, Nessalin, why?  Why do you make me cry?

But this just gave me a plot idea.

Also, all this is so very cool.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on January 24, 2017, 10:46:24 AM
Every time I hear about halflings, I cry.  Why, Nessalin, why?  Why do you make me cry?

But this just gave me a plot idea.

Also, all this is so very cool.

https://youtu.be/IOZ6ptqcbUc
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Did you know...

If you have a mount hitched, you can just type 'mount' to mount it.  You don't need to try to target it at all.

Also, if you are riding a mount, you can type 'rest' to dismount AND rest the mount.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

If you have multiple mounts hitched, "mount" by itself will always target the most recently hitched mount.

>hitch sunlon
>hitch war
>mount
You mount the war beetle.

what is the code syntax to use the izdari sets?

Not sure if this has been said, but I just realized when emoting you can use different symbols on yourself!

i.e. %me for sdesc's/your or !me for him/her/you

Not necessary I guess, but I thought that was neat.
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Quote from: rohenne on March 14, 2020, 04:51:44 AM
what is the code syntax to use the izdari sets?

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,54670.msg1030449.html#msg1030449

See this link to the staff announcement about Izdari boards! You must have the board in order to "use board help" I believe.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Brief taste removes the echos from food and drink.
Fredd-

asses room helps you to know who is at state, if in combat.
Fredd-

It takes some practice for me, but I like that you can both emote your drop and arrange it, with a single drop command as in (from the helpfile): drop (shoving it on a stake) head [and wipes ^me hands] Flies buzzing around it, ~ is stuck on a stake here.

Also, Barsook, you put the emPHAsis on the wrong syLABle.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mike+myers+you+put+the+emphasis&docid=608028358379835310&mid=0AD28CCFC811A5A1694F0AD28CCFC811A5A1694F&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

December 09, 2021, 02:40:30 AM #868 Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 02:42:28 AM by LidlessEye
Look wounds body/on body

I use it for forensic analysis
'One fire drives out one fire,
One nail, one nail.
Rights by rights falter,
Strengths by strengths do fail.'

-Tullus Aufidius, Coriolanus by William Shakespeare

If you have a heavy bag to carry around in a city why not "hold it" in your es hand? It'll contribute less to your burden thataway.

Quote from: Lotion on December 19, 2021, 05:52:41 PM
If you have a heavy bag to carry around in a city why not "hold it" in your es hand? It'll contribute less to your burden thataway.

Sometimes it is too heavy to 'use'
'One fire drives out one fire,
One nail, one nail.
Rights by rights falter,
Strengths by strengths do fail.'

-Tullus Aufidius, Coriolanus by William Shakespeare

If a PC is not wearing ANY clothing, the game adds 'naked' to their sdesc, so instead of seeing 'The tall, thin man stands here.' you see 'The naked tall, thin man stands here.'

Quote from: Fragmented on January 15, 2022, 09:17:56 PM
If a PC is not wearing ANY clothing, the game adds 'naked' to their sdesc, so instead of seeing 'The tall, thin man stands here.' you see 'The naked tall, thin man stands here.'

Also, if you only wear some wispy garments ... like shifts. :|
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
There is no room for doubt in power. -TJA, 5/20/22

Naked is when you have no items that would cover your "trunk"  I think it is, this means "on legs", "around body", and "on trunk" slots are empty. You can run around wearing a shirt, boots, and still be naked.

Quote from: Lotion on January 20, 2022, 03:28:27 AM
Naked is when you have no items that would cover your "trunk"  I think it is, this means "on legs", "around body", and "on trunk" slots are empty. You can run around wearing a shirt, boots, and still be naked.

Naked is when you don't have anything on the pelvis location, so as long as you've got your underoos on, you're good!