Neat little things

Started by fourTwenty, November 16, 2008, 10:14:13 PM

Quote from: Molten Heart on September 27, 2016, 07:02:10 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on September 27, 2016, 05:00:41 PM
Quote from: Cabooze on September 27, 2016, 04:56:45 PM
someone needs to make a tent that cant be broken with the break or kill command. or a small wooden hut on wheels.
A wagon?
a "sand castle"
Sand wagon?

Quote from: Jihelu on September 27, 2016, 08:17:51 PM
Quote from: Molten Heart on September 27, 2016, 07:02:10 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on September 27, 2016, 05:00:41 PM
Quote from: Cabooze on September 27, 2016, 04:56:45 PM
someone needs to make a tent that cant be broken with the break or kill command. or a small wooden hut on wheels.
A wagon?
a "sand castle"
Sand wagon?

If only we could just have some conveniently placed pits in the earth.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

September 28, 2016, 02:24:26 AM #827 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:57:42 AM by Kankfly
So, in case this hasn't been mentioned:

Syntax: pull bark branch.

If it has been mentioned, then you probably didn't know that some type of meat (read the mdesc for more detailsl) can now do:

Syntax: pull guts meat.

Yay! Thanks, Imms!

Edited to add:

You can apparantly 'pull sinew legs' too.
I ruin immershunz.

OMG!

You can specify which drink to drink by the keyword of the drink itself, not just the container!

Syntax: drink ale

inv

an empty mug

put ale bar

You don't see that here.

Idea - craftable trenchcovers. Give them a decent wood frame, thick leather.. And then you also require a shovel to place them. While closed, it behaves as a hidden room. It requires high-advanced scan to detect them unless they are open. The inside is a a decent-sized space. Maybe bigger if you get more covers and wish up??? idk. We need things that we can solo-build out in the wastes. Give us that feel like we can do anything in the game world.

Quote from: Cabooze on October 05, 2016, 01:47:04 AM
Idea - craftable trenchcovers. Give them a decent wood frame, thick leather.. And then you also require a shovel to place them. While closed, it behaves as a hidden room. It requires high-advanced scan to detect them unless they are open. The inside is a a decent-sized space. Maybe bigger if you get more covers and wish up??? idk. We need things that we can solo-build out in the wastes. Give us that feel like we can do anything in the game world.
I know of a few 'hidden' areas that would work as a little base in the sands.

That being said most are in the north and simply work because I dont see people up there often.

Quote from: Kankman on October 03, 2016, 10:47:47 PM
OMG!

You can specify which drink to drink by the keyword of the drink itself, not just the container!

Syntax: drink ale

inv

an empty mug

put ale bar

You don't see that here.

Works with spice too. Sniff kemen.

May be the wrong thread to ask, but can anyone help me with the syntax to pike a -beheaded- head on a spear?
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on October 17, 2016, 09:24:21 AM
May be the wrong thread to ask, but can anyone help me with the syntax to pike a -beheaded- head on a spear?
Unless I'm crazy you actually can't but you just use arrange on the head.

Yeah, afaik, you'd have to arrange the head (which would decompose after a while) or the spear (which wouldn't decompose).
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Jihelu on October 17, 2016, 09:34:27 AM
Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on October 17, 2016, 09:24:21 AM
Unless I'm crazy you actually can't but you just use arrange on the head.

I feel like I've been living a lie.

hold flute
play flute

With various musical instruments, you can use the 'play' command.  I never knew this!  I always tried 'use' and failed or made up the emote.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on November 19, 2016, 03:36:32 PM

hold flute
play flute

With various musical instruments, you can use the 'play' command.  I never knew this!  I always tried 'use' and failed or made up the emote.

I only just found out myself! They are simplistic but the echoes are great!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

What does it do? Does it act like recite where you input what and how you ware reciting, similar to an emote?

Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on November 19, 2016, 11:32:34 PM
What does it do? Does it act like recite where you input what and how you ware reciting, similar to an emote?

If I recall, it's very basic and generic.

It says something like:
You play a tune on <instrument>.

The syntax is 'play instrument' and the echo is 'you play a tune on 'instrument'.  (I think)

It produces a generic echo associated with the instrument (so it's not the same echo for all instruments). Some are kind of interesting and helpful.

Quote from: manipura on November 20, 2016, 12:04:04 AM
Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on November 19, 2016, 11:32:34 PM

If I recall, it's very basic and generic.

It says something like:
You play a tune on <instrument>.

The syntax is 'play instrument' and the echo is 'you play a tune on 'instrument'.  (I think)

Can you add an emote to it with open and closed parentheses? I like the idea, to start off a music session at least, so people know that you're about to rock some jams, but it seems like emoting the rest of it is pretty appropriate.

It is not an emote that accepts commands. It's almost like a stock emote usable only when an instrument is held.

It's a good way to keep ambiance in a room, or if you are in a bar, to hit intermittently so newcomers know what is happening.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

You can also use pose to "is here, playing a flute". In that regard, newcomers would (maybe) notice what's going on.

pose = change ldesc? neat.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

You can continue to 'taste' a food after you're too full to eat, although you're going to eat it in tiny amounts.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 21, 2016, 01:50:54 AM
pose = change ldesc? neat.

Yeah, sorry. It's change ldesc.

It's pose on another mud I play and to avoid confusion I'd aliased 'change ldesc' to pose here. :)

or alias change ldesc to pose on the other mud. we are superior. our commands are superior.

you will join us or die.

Quote from: a french mans shirt on November 21, 2016, 06:50:42 AM
You can continue to 'taste' a food after you're too full to eat, although you're going to eat it in tiny amounts.

Further, you can taste things you normally wouldn't eat, such as herbs, and often derive neat information from it.

taste wafer

This tastes thin.