Neat little things

Started by fourTwenty, November 16, 2008, 10:14:13 PM

tell him Git outta here.
You say to the tressy tresses man, in sirihish,
            "Git outta here.

If your target is the only male/female or maybe top stacked male/female character in the room, can use him/her  as a keyword.

Quote from: Akariel on January 29, 2016, 07:59:45 AM
Change Tdesc can be shortened to just 'Tdesc' to start up the text editor. Who knew!

I actually thought that was the normal syntax, as SOI veteran where it's just 'dmote' not 'change dmote' [description 'emote'].
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

follow has no delay associated with it, so you can change who you're following (or follow self) while you're consumed by Way lag, movement lag, or combat lag.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Often times scan will only be good enough to pick up someone hidden in, say 1 out of 3 'looks'. If you're having this problem and want to target the thing, I suggest you spam 'watch shadow' a couple times, and then you'll keep it in sight so you can target it for emotes or other things without having to spam the command. Useful in certain situations.

Follow just allow will tell you who you are following.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Teapots eat things ( and thus make the world a little neater).  :-\

So for all the people who might not know about keyword, it's by far the most powerful tool I've found in Arm. "keyword ." will list everything you can see in the room, with their orders. "keyword him"/"keyword her" will list everyone of the given gender. It can be used on containers too, including ones you are wearing, something that count doesn't have the ability to do. "keyword red backpack" will list out all the red items in the backpack in the order they're in. If a group rolls up on you and start using names, "keyword name" will let you know who is talking to who as well.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on May 16, 2016, 04:50:48 PM
So for all the people who might not know about keyword, it's by far the most powerful tool I've found in Arm. "keyword ." will list everything you can see in the room, with their orders. "keyword him"/"keyword her" will list everyone of the given gender. It can be used on containers too, including ones you are wearing, something that count doesn't have the ability to do. "keyword red backpack" will list out all the red items in the backpack in the order they're in. If a group rolls up on you and start using names, "keyword name" will let you know who is talking to who as well.

Adding on, but you can now use "k ." in lieu of "keyword ."

Quote from: BadSkeelz on May 16, 2016, 05:06:07 PM

Adding on, but you can now use "k ." in lieu of "keyword ."

"Key" also works.

I use it all the time!
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Holy shit. How long has this been in the game?
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on May 18, 2016, 08:10:48 PM

Holy shit. How long has this been in the game?

Quite a long time.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

If you have a lot of something, and the merchant is out of coins, you can still offer to sell it at a loss, e.g.:

>offer sandwich

The blistered, dark-skinned man says to you:
    "Let's keep the price at 30 obsidian coins, shall we?"

>barter

"I don't have that much money.  Wanna sell it for less?"

>offer sandwich 20

"That sounds good to me."

>barter

You give the blistered, dark-skinned man a sandwich in exchange for 20 obsidian coins.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I find myself selling a whole bunch of things to merchants for 0 coins. As if I were selling one item for like 70 coins as well as some little bits just because I do so much business with them anyway and I wanna see them prosper.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Off-topic-ish but I wish merchants would respond with, "I can't afford to give you what I normally would, but I can give [insert how much coin they have left]."
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

ext

Extinguish the light source you're holding.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: Dan on May 26, 2016, 05:06:20 PM
Off-topic-ish but I wish merchants would respond with, "I can't afford to give you what I normally would, but I can give [insert how much coin they have left]."
sometimes they lie to you.
All the time I'll be selling something and they'll be like,
"Nah, you're worse than a nomad!"
and then I'll offer something else and sometimes - very seldom do they respond with,
"I'll give ya 10 coins."
or am I just crazy? I swear I've thought this for the passed 10 years.

also - I effing love you, codemaster.
I hate typing the whole word out. Just when I thought there were no more little things to learn.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I'm a noob, but maybe some people browsing here don't know:

You can just 'put <item> <container>' even if it's worn on your form and the code will automatically remove it first. Hurrah!
The human vagabond steps forward, blocking a filthy grey rat from the curtain.
The human vagabond says, in sirihish:
     "You're not allowed in there."

Heh. I just figured that out a couple of weeks ago. The Diku base doesn't allow for it, only checking inventory for items, so I never expected that such functionality existed here. :)

Quote from: Miradus on June 21, 2016, 10:44:08 AM
Heh. I just figured that out a couple of weeks ago. The Diku base doesn't allow for it, only checking inventory for items, so I never expected that such functionality existed here. :)

It gets wonky with things you are EP/ESing. I think DIKU rears its head there, and doesn't recognize that you have anything in your inventory, so you have to remove them first.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I have no trouble using this function with things I'm ep/esing. I'm talking about tools, anyway. As for weapons, I'm not sure.

It will also sometimes cause some wonkiness *FUN* with keywords.

(primary hand) a bone longsword

An enormous half giant in a dun cloak and looking for action says, "Hey, stupid. We don't allow you to wield weapons here."

put bone pack

[Removing them first]
You put the bone-reinforced pants into your canvas pack.

An enormous half giant's eyebrows go up.

'put bone.longsword pack' easy as that.
3/21/16 Never Forget

To find out what your 'healing point' is for hitpoints, it's 55% of your maximum, rounded up.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Now -that- is interesting armaddict. I have always wanted to know that.

September 08, 2016, 11:18:51 PM #799 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:54:30 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA