Neat little things

Started by fourTwenty, November 16, 2008, 10:14:13 PM

Quote from: i love toilets on March 05, 2015, 06:11:43 AM
You can be hidden in the city while leading a visible mount, making it look like the mount is walking around on their own.

You can.  If I do it, it's a complete accident, because it's one of those scenarios where I can only weakly justify not being visible.  If there was a 'middle' degree of hide success that allowed you to be hidden from further away, but as people moved closer it becomes apparent there's something that makes you stick out, it'd be different.

Really just commenting to say it's neat, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend using this neat thing. :P
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I've always wanted to grab a group of ten sneakies and make people shit themselves by dropping in with mounts.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I could be wrong, but I also believe that if you subdue a rat, and are hidden/sneaking it looks as if the rat is dragging itself along.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Life saving at the very least, yes.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Some of the first things I do after making a new PC.
>alias dis disarm
>alias we weather
>alias k asdfasdf
>alias go flee self

For mundanes who want to avoid accidental "You utter a useless incantation."
>alias cast asdfasdf
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 14, 2015, 10:52:02 PM
Some of the first things I do after making a new PC.
>alias dis disarm
>alias we weather
>alias k asdfasdf
>alias go flee self

For mundanes who want to avoid accidental "You utter a useless incantation."
>alias cast asdfasdf
I thought dis already disarmed?

Oops, I meant:
>alias dis disengage
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 14, 2015, 11:13:25 PM
Oops, I meant:
>alias dis disengage
I know Dise is disengage too, so it kind of isn't needed?

I use disengage much more than I do disarm, so I would rather have to disa than dise.
Grebber - One who grebs.

If you hold a keyring and use (un)lock, it allows you to find the right key and (un)lock that door that key goes to.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on March 15, 2015, 07:59:20 AM
If you hold a keyring and use (un)lock, it allows you to find the right key and (un)lock that door that key goes to.

Funner fact
The more keys you have.
The longer it takes!
So that Met that somehow got into your apartment is going to make unlocking that door somehow more dramatic!

draw .

Draws the next available weapon from your belt, no matter what it is.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: CodeMaster on March 16, 2015, 06:14:54 PM

draw .

I love you for this. This is very helpful.

March 24, 2015, 01:26:35 PM #740 Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:28:14 PM by Chettaman
Command emotes can be seen from a distance with watch - unlike emotes done with the actual command "emote".

wave - you wave.  (can be seen from a distance with watch)
emote wave - the so and so person wave. (cannot be seen from a distance with watch)

This also includes emotes after a command. Such as;
eat pie (face first)  - with watch you will see that the person at the pie face first.
emote eats the pie face first -  with watch you won't see that the person eats the pie face first.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

April 11, 2015, 07:08:47 PM #741 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:10:18 PM by CodeMaster
[ed: sorry about this, it looks like there is some bug in the bbcode when quote and code tags are next to each other.]

[code][quote author=CodeMaster link=topic=33156.msg872904#msg872904 date=1426544094]

[code]
draw .

[/quote]

Turns out if some non-weapon is on your first belt slot, this won't work.  So you have to:

> she <weapon>
> wear <belt pouch> on belt

in that order.  Otherwise, if you hang these items on your belt in the opposite order, 'draw .' will try to draw the <belt pouch> instead of the <weapon>.[/code][/code]
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Break.

No, that's it.
Just break.
Seriously, it's a command. Use it to get things in the wilds. I've had so many situations in which I was like "I wonder why I can't get X material"

You can also use break to break a bottle you're holding for a makeshift weapon. It has to be a bottle, though.
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

You can also use break to break open gurth shells.  But don't do BREAK SHELL if you have an inix nearby.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on April 11, 2015, 08:13:52 PM
You can also use break to break open gurth shells.  But don't do BREAK SHELL if you have an inix nearby.
While the Gurth is alive or?
I always just did "kill shell"

Quote from: nauta on April 11, 2015, 08:13:52 PM

Break shell will not cause you to attack your inix.

Kill shell may yield bad results. However.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Who was the sadistic bastard who gave inix the fucking "shell" keyword anyway? Shelled I understand, but shell?

Yeah. Retcon that shit.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: MeTekillot on April 12, 2015, 01:34:07 AM
Who was the sadistic bastard who gave inix the fucking "shell" keyword anyway? Shelled I understand, but shell?

It's really only one inix that has that, and that has been changed as of this morning.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.