Neat little things

Started by fourTwenty, November 16, 2008, 10:14:13 PM

The wear all command.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

May 04, 2012, 08:10:27 PM #551 Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:29:45 PM by Taven
Comprehensive List of Neat Little Things So Far #6
(Avoid Repeats and Discussion Derails)

• sit with <character name> seats you at the table that character is sitting at

• sit on <item that is large enough> allows you to sit on items not typically regarded as seats, e.g. footlockers, trunks and chests

• You can look east (squinting) and it will echo - same for items and a general look

• Look tables - you can use () to echo an emote here, too

• pull quiver - get an arrow from a quiver and wield it in one command

• light <item> <item> to light one flammable item with another - ex: Light lamp candle

• Pagelength <number> - sets the number of lines the game records to your terminal

• count <keyword> <container>

• key <item> <container> - easily see all the variations on one keyword contained

• light <item> <item> - ex: Light lamp candle

• "scan status" tells you whether you are scanning

• look <character>'s <bodypart> - see a tattoo or other feature

• list <merchant> <keyword> - ex: list ugly.merchant pants would show all the pants the ugly merchant has
  • guard status

• drop (<emote>), ~ <arrangement> - ex: drop bag (wincing as it slips from the edge of ~table) contents spilling out onto the floor, ~ lies on its side beneath a small table.

• Sometimes you can look at things from room mdescs, such as murals

• pour <thing containing water> <location> - this can be done in areas that support plant life and will help it, or on light sources, which has a varying effect

• when you're falling and type up it gives you an extra save but drains stun

• steal 1. <target's> pack - steals the first thing in a target's pack

• put <item> <container> - this works for items you are wearing, no need to remove

• buy <item> <merchant> <race> - ex: buy thong Amos half-giant buys a half-giant sized thong. This only works if the merchant has an unlimited supply.

• The "exit" command always works, even in low light (although it doesn't give specific info and uses 1 point of stamina)

• Arrange object blah blah ~ blah - ex: arrange chest Sitting here pretty, ~ is filled with flowers. Returns: Sitting here pretty, the plain chest is filled with flowers.

• Shake tent - people inside the tent can see when their tent is shook

• "Stand" breaks hide - useful for if you're not sure if you're hiding

• tell <person> (<emote>) <sentence> - You can do this instead of the say command

• The "taste" command and the "sip" command

• Assess -v <person> is a wonderful way to find out a PC's age and build in comparison to yours for role-playing purposes

• For magickers "alias spells skills magick" will make it so that when you type "spells" you get only your magick skills

• The brief command - It simplifies things, of your choice

• The stop command - Stops and gets rid of any commands in the queue

• You can rent things to the bank, which will give you a ticket in return. You can take your item out again for a 150 coins

• There's a thread "Coming Soon" that details neat stories about the game

• The "Change Objective" command lets staff know what you are doing (and if you are waiting on an important request, if you set it to that)

• "Help teapot" for everything related to teamaking

• Magickers can do "help spell <spellname>" if they know a spell

• You can arm wrestle in some places - help arm wrestling

• You can use brooms to clean sawdust - "clean room broom"

• "Help cage" tells you the commands for cages (there are a few in Zalanthas)

• For the bards in Tuluk - put <charmname> <instrumentname>

• "get <seat> <table>" and "put <seat> <table>" (When the seat is on the floor) - If you are playing a half-giant, just remove a stool to sit at the bar

• "rent time" lets you know how many days you have left before the lease runs out

• Social emotes, such a "nod," are listed here

• pull branch - you can pull bark from branches, or sometimes logs

• The "flip" command can be helpful, sometimes. Apparently the use command is also helpful, sometimes. (vagueness)

• Tdesc - the temporary description command, for wounds, aging without a stat change, and bynner shit all over you

• "behead <unlucky>" - unlucky must be dead first

• The "wiz" command - lists all Armageddon staff, active and retired

• This page tells you what the current staff responsibilities are

• Locdescs - Your PC can get coded scars

• Sometimes bars have "invisible" bar stools in them - you can use "key barstool" to check

• If a tray is too heavy to be held, you can "etwo" it

• Hold staff - For when walking with a staff or cane, and you don't want people mad you're brandishing it

• "List song" displays a list of songs that can be sung by an NPC bard in certain places. Use the "Buy song #" syntax to listen to the NPC sing.

• Typing "stand" removes long descriptions (ldesc). You can also reset your ldesc by typing "change ldesc none", but tying "stand" is shorter.

• You can offer to trade an item for another item at a shop - offer <your item> <their item>

• There is a quaff command for potions

• help map zalanthas - this shows you a map of Zalanthas

• If you have a client, you can alias "look all" to all of the look commands, so one command will look all directions

• pour <container> <container 2> - this works with bags and chests, and is very useful for organizing

• There is an "assist" command for combat, to make sure to help your friend with their foe correctly

• For prompts, %s shows your current position, and when fighting will show who you are fighting

• If a weapon is poisoned, you can unpoison it by going "pour waterskin <weapon>". (There may be some sort of bug with this? Something about turning a weapon into not a weapon sometimes).

• You can "beep" players to get their attention, or check if they are linkdead. Use sparingly!

• pack <mount> - checks for things packed to a mount; pack <container> <mount> - packs item to mount (unpacking too); unpack all <mount> - unpack everything with less
    spam

• You can flip a coin by dropping it and typing "flip coin" - you must be standing to do this. You can flip other "coin" objects with them in your inventory.

• With emoting ( ) comes before your action, and [ ] after

• Flip doesn't work in combat, instead use the "use" command

• Semote is a great command for emoting when hidden/invisible, if what you're doing cannot be heard

• "key ." shows every item in the room you can see, including ones not immediately obvious

• "vis" makes you visible (breaking hide and some spells)

• You can use emotes when packing and unpacking a mount

• "skills <type>" shows you only skills of that type - ex: "skills language" shows you only what language skills you have

• Break bottle - If you are holding a bottle, you can use this command to make a weapon

• Count doesn't work if you're wearing an item; you can use the key command to count it in this case (such as with a quiver of arrows)

• To use an incense burner, drop it in the room, put in the incense, and close the burner. Viola!

• You can use the "craft" command on an item in the room to move it to the top of the room list (you do not actually craft it)

• Using "/n" at the end of your prompt skips to a new line (it makes things less spammy)

• You can use "Weather <direction>" to see what the weather is like in that area (such as outside a tent, or outside a tavern)

• "Land" is a helpful command if you aren't...landed.

• The salvage command lets you get things from items (ie, a cloak can be salvages for cloth scraps)

• If you are writing a bio or tdesc the ".x" lets you make a command outside of it. Ex: ".x say SHUDDUP."

• When you sleep with 0 stamina, you can't wake up until you have almost all of it back

• Rebel - This command immediately removes you from your clan

• When Armageddon is being closed for a reboot and there's a staff announcement for you to log out, you can quit out anywhere

• The "plant" command is the opposite of steal and you can try to put things on people (like spice)

• You can use perfume, booze, spice and poop to change your scent. To tell what someone's scent is, you can use the sniff command ("sniff <object>", "sniff <person>" or just "sniff" sniffs the room). Only sniffing the room will echo.

• You can forage spice now (primarily in silty areas, like the silt sea)

• Shuffle deck reset - refills the card deck and restores all cards to the deck

• Discuss - This is a command you can use with NPCs. Ex: Discuss bartender topics

• You can eat food not in your inventory

• You can craft with items not in your inventory. This means items in the room, and can also be used on items sitting on a table.

• The scribble command - You can draw on things, and they fade over time

• Wear <item> on belt - You can wear pouches and waterskins on your belt

• Closing your cloak makes your belt and the things on it hidden (but they can still be stolen)

• You can "title <mount>" to name your mount, and the name stays until it's in a stable. Useful for RPTs.

• You can use the "addkeyword" command to give yourself an alias. Ex: Addkeyword Amos

• You can use emotes when raising and lowering your hood. Ex: raise hood (lifting it up with a sudden jerk) [covering all but ^me chin]

• Not to circumvent code, but if someone is spam brawling and you want to slow it down so you can emote/move away you can "Stand <table>" and it renders them unable to spamhit to show how uber they are.

• You can do "change hands <from> <to>" with the from and to being either your main hand (ep) or your secondary hand (es). This means you don't have to remove each item, and then wield and hold, it's all in this one command. Furthermore, you don't actually have to type "change hands ep es", you can just type "change hands".

• You can use the command "change opponent <target>" to change who you're fighting to a new target.

• If you log out with your barrier up, you log in with your barrier up.

• "Contact " (with the space) makes you contact the last person you were in contact with.

• "Nosave combat" will keep you from attacking back, but kicking/bashing/typing kill <target> will start your offense again. Otherwise you will only defend against your attacker. This is useful when sparring fragile newbies.

• You can forage at any time if you can see well enough to do it. Thus, at night when moons are out or if you light bonfires, you may be able to forage.

• You can remove items without using keywords by using "rp" (remove primary), "rs" (remove secondary), and "rtwo" (remove something held with both hands). These features also support ( ) and [ ] for emoting.

• When in the editor (used for biographies, tdescs, and board posts) you can use ".s" to show what you have written so far.

• When in the editor (used for biographies, tdescs, and board posts) you can use ".x <command>" to do a command outside of the editor. Be warned, however, that you cannot receive Ways when editing.

• Anyone can use the peek command if your victim is rendered helpless. However, you can still fail and produce echoes to the room (even if they are helpless).

• If you're codedly following someone sitting at a bar or table, it's a lot easier to hear what they are saying. This is very useful for Half-Giants, who may not always fit at the bar.

• You can "sheath <weapon> back".

• The "vis" command is not just good for special status, but also breaks hide. (IE, if you are hiding and type "vis", you will no longer be hiding).

• You can do "put coins couch" and it will put all the coins you have out on the couch. Alternatively, you can say a number more then the coins you have, and it will put all your coins on the couch. (IE, if you have 102 coins you can say "put 200 coins couch" and it will put them all there). The first way (simply "put coins couch") is probably more convenient.

• You can look at items that are on things. "Look bag cot" will look at the bag on the cot. However, it will also look at every bag on the cot, not just the first bag. Note that you cannot look IN the bag, only AT it.

• You can salvage and cook many animal objects.

• If you have a mount hitched to you, you do not need to use it's name to pack and unpack it. You can do "pack <item>" or "unpack <item>" and just "unpack" (which will unload items one at a time). You can also "unpack all".

• You can command emote mounts.

• To change a language you can simplify it to "cha l <first letter of the language>". For example "cha l a" will change your speaking language to allundean.

• There is a "wear all" command.

I will update this list for each new page of the thread. Please consult it before posting, to see if what you're pointing out has already been mentioned! Yes, I have added everything new. If it's not at the end of the list, it's because I added it to a bullet point with a similar topic.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Kismetic on January 24, 2012, 07:26:40 PM
You can also command emote them

Is this true? Can you really command emote mounts?

Quote from: Barsook on May 04, 2012, 05:09:33 PM
The wear all command.

How does this work, anyway?

Sure, like:

mount inix (climbing atop the large lizard's back) [settling and tugging the reins]

rest/dismount (sliding down the side of the scaly beast) [kicking up a cloud of dust as ~boots hit the sand]

I believe one of these has a punctuation error, however, and instead of subbing a period for a comma, it has both.

If you are doing a craft that produces multiple items, but your inventory does not have enough space to hold the finished products, the remainder will fall to the ground of the room you're in.

When crafting an item, you do not need to type out its entire sdesc.

>craft hide

You could make a shiny, red belt from that
You could make a lovely, fragrant wrap from that
You could make a short, waist-high skirt from that.

>craft lovely

You begin crafting your piece of hide into a lovely, fragrant wrap.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Yeah, but some need the whole thing because of the same keyword in more than one of them.
Fredd-

That goes for every situation in the whole game, not just this particular one.

On the crafting, you just need a unique string for that item - it doesn't have to be a whole word. Pretty sure Synthesis or Yam mentioned that somewhere before... I think...
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

They did? If they did, it's not in Taven's list.

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on May 11, 2012, 10:44:05 PM
On the crafting, you just need a unique string for that item - it doesn't have to be a whole word. Pretty sure Synthesis or Yam mentioned that somewhere before... I think...

Quote from: Patuk on May 11, 2012, 10:52:32 PM
They did? If they did, it's not in Taven's list.

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned it before too, but it's not on the list. I may have skipped over it somehow or missed it. At any rate, I will add it to the list when we get onto the next page.

'put all <container>' will put everything in your Inventory into the specified container (such as a bag). This container can be one you're holding, which will circumvent the error message 'You cannot put <container> into itself,' which you would get en-mass if the <container> happened to be in your inventory.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on May 14, 2012, 02:57:51 AM
'put all <container>' will put everything in your Inventory into the specified container (such as a bag). This container can be one you're holding, which will circumvent the error message 'You cannot put <container> into itself,' which you would get en-mass if the <container> happened to be in your inventory.

Also "get all.keyword," "drop all.keyword," and "put all.keyword container."
Didn't see it on the list.

You can have get and put going at the same time to make switching containers easy.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Does anyone feel like sorting the list into sections of stuff, or have suggestions for sections?

It's getting to be really large, and some sort of sorting would be easier to read.

I love this thread.
I also feel like such a newb.

Your stun goes down when you do all kinds of neat things, addicts like me, can tell when it's time to type listen because our stun just went up.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Typing 'ar' by accident brought up:
/****************************************************************************\
|****************************************************************************|
|      |
|                     The Armageddon World Design Team                       |
|                                                                            |
\****************************************************************************/

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

say (situating the patch over his eye) Arrrrrr!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on August 07, 2012, 04:46:09 PM
keyword . container > returns with every item in the container, even revealing the exact number of multiple items.  Very useful when one can't use the count command because the container may be worn or equipped.

Sorry, but I had too.
Fredd-

Not sure if this was mentioned but if you get all.(whatevs) and then put all.(whatevs) at the same time then you'll execute both commands one after the other.

Basically it just makes unloading all of a specific item out of containers, or loading them into containers, a lot more automated.

Quote from: SpyGuy on August 14, 2012, 09:54:32 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned but if you get all.(whatevs) and then put all.(whatevs) at the same time then you'll execute both commands one after the other.

Basically it just makes unloading all of a specific item out of containers, or loading them into containers, a lot more automated.

I do that. get all.blue pack;put all.blue chest
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

When you're actually holding the container that needs emptying, it's less spammy to just 'empty pack chest'.  It comes with a bit of lag, which I've noticed is equivalent to how many items are transferred, but at least there's not a hundred lines of text involved.

Pull <bell object> rings the estate bells of the noble houses in Tuluk. I thought that was neat.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

If you log into the Armageddon webpage, you can see your characters' biography entries.

That means that you can use <ctrl-f> to search your bios.  Which is awesome!
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on September 02, 2012, 01:36:20 AM
If you log into the Armageddon webpage, you can see your characters' biography entries.

That means that you can use <ctrl-f> to search your bios.  Which is awesome!

The implementation of this was such a blessing. You have no idea. Thank god. I used to have all my bios saved as one gigantic, clunky .txt and it was just eeegughghg.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

so, when you're done creating a character you have to lists of options, U submit, X exit, A age, M main descrption, and O options... going into to O without really keeping track of what I was doing, got me into trouble... after you go with O, it litst the options P page length, B back to creation, and E ending field editing... this refers to the character you can enter to show that you are finished with writing a main description, background, or temporary description... this is normally ".q" or "~~"... but you can change it to any character... I put mne on k... and then forgot that i did it... So when my character expires and I go to make a new one... It appears to "eat" my posts... Then I finally figured out it was the letter k, and went into Options and fixed it