Neat little things

Started by fourTwenty, November 16, 2008, 10:14:13 PM

May 18, 2011, 07:53:56 PM #450 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:55:53 PM by NOFUN
..Coded brawling, if only. I don't like how quickly people reach for a weapon.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

There is coded brawling in specific places.  Sadly, a lot of people ignore emotes and just spam 'hit hit hit hit hit' to win.

A note: If someone IS doing that, and you want to slow it down so you can emote/move away?  Stand at (table) renders them unable to spamhit to show how uber they are.

Quote from: maxid on May 19, 2011, 01:42:01 AM
A note: If someone IS doing that, and you want to slow it down so you can emote/move away?  Stand at (table) renders them unable to spamhit to show how uber they are.

Nice. I approve.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

May 19, 2011, 03:47:55 AM #453 Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:50:22 AM by NOFUN
There is coded brawling in specific places.  Sadly, a lot of people ignore emotes and just spam 'hit hit hit hit hit' to win.

A note: If someone IS doing that, and you want to slow it down so you can emote/move away?  Stand at (table) renders them unable to spamhit to show how uber they are.

Er, what I meant was kind of like a coded brawling skill in the same catergory as slashing piercing chopping and bludgeoning. Maybe as an idea guards wouldn't interfere in a brawl (every one loves to watch a fight!) and the brawl should then end when a character reaches a certain % of health. Drawing a weapon during a brawl or a certain time after the brawl should attract guards, or people might brawl some one to low health then back stab them. Or maybe it was a terrible idea to begin with. I just think it'd be good idea to be able to codedly fight without causing another character serious harm/getting ganked by all the guards in the city for putting that mouthy breed in his/her place.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Quote from: NOFUN on May 19, 2011, 03:47:55 AM
There is coded brawling in specific places.  Sadly, a lot of people ignore emotes and just spam 'hit hit hit hit hit' to win.

Er, what I meant was kind of like a coded brawling skill in the same catergory as slashing piercing chopping and bludgeoning. Maybe as an idea guards wouldn't interfere in a brawl (every one loves to watch a fight!) and the brawl should then end when a character reaches a certain % of health. Drawing a weapon during a brawl or a certain time after the brawl should attract guards, or people might brawl some one to low health then back stab them. Or maybe it was a terrible idea to begin with. I just think it'd be good idea to be able to codedly fight without causing another character serious harm/getting ganked by all the guards in the city for putting that mouthy breed in his/her place.

There is, it's called the hit command, and is usable in certain public areas, like the Gaj. Guards will not interfere with it, and yes your skill at fighting in general does contribute to it's overall success. AND the hit command is unusable if the target or yourself is below a certain % health.

When this command was implemented it was hailed as the "brawl code."

Has some pretty evocative descriptions, too.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

A note on brawl code, however:

Yes, it will stop when they get to a certain %, and you will get an echo that you kicked their ass. However, nothing -stops- them from still emoting and talking shit about how you're such a tregil even though you beat them into the ground.

So, as a general reminder: When you're brawling, you just had like seven mugs smashed into your face and a slew of elbows to the gut. If you lost, lose gracefully, and don't keep spitting up blood and insults because you know the person can't hit you anymore.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

May 19, 2011, 01:57:21 PM #457 Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 02:01:06 PM by Taven
Comprehensive List of Neat Little Things So Far #2
(Avoid Repeats and Discussion Derails)

• sit with <character name>

• sit on <item that is large enough>

• You can look east (squinting) and it will echo - same for items and a general look

• Look tables - you can use () to echo an emote here, too

• pull quiver - get an arrow from a quiver and wield it in one command

• Light command and extinguish command (useful for strapped glows or a dropped tdesc lantern)

• Pagelength <number> - sets the number of lines the game records to your terminal

• count <keyword> <container>

• key <item> <container> - easily see all the variations on one keyword contained

• light <item> <item> - ex: Light lamp candle

• scan status

• look <character>'s <bodypart> - see a tattoo or other feature

• list <merchant> <keyword> - ex: list ugly.merchant pants would show all the pants the ugly merchant has
  • guard status

• drop (<emote>), ~ <arrangement> - ex: drop bag (wincing as it slips from the edge of ~table) contents spilling out onto the floor, ~ lies on its side beneath a small table.

• Sometimes you can look at things from room mdescs, such as murals

• pour <thing containing water> <location> - this can be done in areas that support plant life and will help it, or on light sources, which has a varying effect

• when you're falling and type up it gives you an extra save but drains stun

• steal 1. <target's> pack - steals the first thing in a target's pack

• put <item> <container> - this works for items you are wearing, no need to remove

• buy <item> <merchant> <race> - ex: buy thong Amos half-giant buys a half-giant sized thong. This only works if the merchant has an unlimited supply.

• The "exit" command always works, even in low light (although it doesn't give specific info and uses 1 point of stamina)

• Arrange object blah blah ~ blah - ex: arrange chest Sitting here pretty, ~ is filled with flowers. Returns: Sitting here pretty, the plain chest is filled with flowers.

• Shake tent - people inside the tent can see when their tent is shook

• "Stand" breaks hide - useful for if you're not sure if you're hiding

• tell <person> (<emote>) <sentence> - You can do this instead of the say command

• The "taste" command and the "sip" command

• Assess -v <person> is a wonderful way to find out a PC's age and build in comparison to yours for role-playing purposes

• For magickers "alias spells skills magick" will make it so that when you type "spells" you get only your magick skills

• The brief command - It simplifies things, of your choice

• The stop command - Stops and gets rid of any commands in the que

• You can rent things to the bank, which will give you a ticket in return. You can take your item out again for a 150 coins

• There's a thread "Coming Soon" that details neat stories about the game

• The "Change Objective" command lets staff know what you are doing (and if you are waiting on an important request, if you set it to that)

• "Help teapot" for everything related to teamaking

• Magickers can do "help spell <spellname>" if they know a spell

• You can arm wrestle in some places - help arm wrestling

• You can use brooms to clean sawdust - "clean room broom"

• "Help cage" tells you the commands for cages (there are a few in Zalanthas)

• For the bards in Tuluk - put <charmname> <instrumentname>

• "get <seat> <table>" and "put <seat> <table>" (When the seat is on the floor) - If you are playing a half-giant, just remove a stool to sit at the bar

• "rent time" lets you know how many days you have left before the lease runs out

• Social emotes, such a "nod," are listed here

• pull branch - you can pull bark from branches, or sometimes logs

• The "flip" command can be helpful, sometimes (vagueness)

• Tdesc - the temporary description command, for wounds, aging without a stat change, and bynner shit all over you

• "behead <unlucky>" - unlucky must be dead first

• The "wiz" command - lists all Armageddon staff, active and retired

• This page tells you what the current staff responsibilities are

• Locdescs - Your PC can get coded scars

• Sometimes bars have "invisible" bar stools in them - you can use "key barstool" to check

• If a tray is too heavy to be held, you can "etwo" it

• Hold staff - For when walking with a staff or cane, and you don't want people mad you're brandishing it

• List song; buy song <#>

• Typing "stand" removes long descriptions

• You can offer to trade an item for another item at a shop - offer <your item> <their item>

• There is a quaff command for potions

• help map zalanthas - this shows you a map of Zalanthas

• If you have a client, you can alias "look all" to all of the look commands, so one command will look all directions

• pour <container> <container 2> - this works with bags and chests, and is very useful for organizing

• There is an "assist" command for combat, to make sure to help your friend with their foe correctly

• For prompts, %s shows your current position, and when fighting will show who you are fighting

• If a weapon is poisoned, you can unpoison it by going "pour waterskin <weapon>"

• You can "beep" players to get their attention, or check if they are linkdead. Use sparingly!

• pack <mount> - checks for things packed to a mount; pack <container> <mount> - packs item to mount (unpacking too); unpack all <mount> - unpack everything with less
    spam

• You can flip a coin by dropping it and typing "flip coin" - you must be standing to do this. You can flip other "coin" objects with them in your inventory.

• With emoting ( ) comes before your action, and [ ] after

• Flip doesn't work in combat, instead use the "use" command

• Semote is a great command for emoting when hidden/invisible, if what you're doing cannot be heard

• "key ." shows every item in the room you can see, including ones not immediately obvious

• "vis" makes you visible (breaking hide and some spells)

• You can use emotes when packing and unpacking a mount

• "skills <type>" shows you only skills of that type - ex: "skills language" shows you only what language skills you have

• Break bottle - If you are holding a bottle, you can use this command to make a weapon

• Count doesn't work if you're wearing an item; you can use the key command to count it in this case (such as with a quiver of arrows)

• To use an incense burner, drop it in the room, put in the incense, and close the burner. Viola!

• You can use the "craft" command on an item in the room to move it to the top of the room list (you do not actually craft it)

• Using "/n" at the end of your prompt skips to a new line (it makes things less spammy)

• You can use "Weather <direction>" to see what the weather is like in that area (such as outside a tent, or outside a tavern)

• "Land" is a helpful command if you aren't...landed.

• The salvage command lets you get things from items (ie, a cloak can be salvages for cloth scraps)

• If you are writing a bio or tdesc the ".x" lets you make a command outside of it. Ex: ".x say SHUDDUP."

• When you sleep with 0 stamina, you can't wake up until you have almost all of it back

• Rebel - This command immediately removes you from your clan

• When Armageddon is being closed for a reboot and there's a staff announcement for you to log out, you can quit out anywhere

• The "plant" command is the opposite of steal and you can try to put things on people (like spice)

• You can use perfume, booze, spice and poop to change your scent

• You can forage spice now (primarily in silty areas, like the silt sea)

• Shuffle deck reset - refills the card deck and restores all cards to the deck

• Discuss - This is a command you can use with npcs. Ex: Discuss bartender topics

• You can eat food not in your inventory

• You can craft with items not in your inventory

• The scribble command - You can draw on things, and they fade over time

• Wear <item> on belt - You can wear pouches and waterskins on your belt

• Closing your cloak makes your belt and the things on it hidden (but they can still be stolen)

• You can "title <mount>" to name your mount, and the name stays until it's in a stable. Useful for RPTs.

• You can use the "addkeyword" command to give yourself an alias. Ex: Addkeyword Amos

• You can use emotes when raising and lowering your hood. Ex: raise hood (lifting it up with a sudden jerk) [covering all but ^me chin]

• Not to circumvent code, but if someone is spam brawling and you want to slow it down so you can emote/move away you can "Stand <table>" and it renders them unable to spamhit to show how uber they are.

I noticed that in the last couple pages we've had a ton of repeats of things that have already been said. Sometimes if it's buried back on page 5, bringing up something again can be good an useful. Sometimes, things get mentioned only a month after there was a derailing discussion of them. This is a comprehensive list of everything in this thread that has already been said. I recommend reading it, there's some neat stuff in here!  :)

(I'll try to repost and update this list for every time this thread gets to a new page)
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I think you may be missing:

change hands (from) (to)

being: ep es or etwo

and

change opponent

It COULD be there, but I don't think I saw it... it's a long list.

Quote from: Taven on May 19, 2011, 01:57:21 PM
Comprehensive List of Neat Little Things So Far #2
(Avoid Repeats and Discussion Derails)

• The "flip" command can be helpful, sometimes (vagueness)

Also with in the "flip" command, once in action one needs to know to "use" for the same effect.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Awesome compilation Taven! Thank you.

You can drink yourself till blackout
and you can spice yourself to death!

Give it a TRY!
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on May 21, 2011, 02:07:53 AM
You can drink yourself till blackout
and you can spice yourself to death!

Give it a TRY!

hell yeah!

i like how you can't bring ridiculous amounts of water with you into the wild without it weighing you down to the point where you wish you didn't bring that water. if that made sense.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Shepard on May 20, 2011, 09:46:42 PM
I think you may be missing...

My quick search with "find" doesn't turn anything up, so it's probably not on the list. I'll review it when I repost it.

Quote from: Potaje on May 20, 2011, 11:08:33 PM
Also with in the "flip" command, once in action one needs to know to "use" for the same effect.

I'll probably try to update that entire section, thanks.  :)

Quote from: Rhyden on May 20, 2011, 11:10:40 PM
Awesome compilation Taven! Thank you.

Thanks! It took awhile, but it's worth it, I think. The plan is to keep updating it, with each new page. If I keep updating it like that, it's just a tiny amount of work more, as oppose to saving it up, and it's easy to reference.

We might also just see if the admins would let us start a new stickied thread, with that in the op.  That would make finding it easier than going to page 18+, for newer people.

May 28, 2011, 09:39:14 PM #465 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:41:52 PM by chrisdcoulombe
deleted.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: X-D on June 13, 2011, 12:51:23 AM
Shooting in works fine, But you don't use "in" You replace the direction with the object.

shoot elf wagon will shoot the elf in the wagon. Same for throw, throw dagger elf wagon.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

OH MY GOD.

You can put food items on a table, and then CRAFT USING THE FOOD ITEMS ON THE TABLE. WHAT.

WHAT.

WHAT.

My mind is blown. I was so excited I wished up about it (note: don't do things like this).
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Any chance we can get Taven's post shoved to the archives?
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: Nao on June 16, 2011, 08:16:43 AM
Any chance we can get Taven's post shoved to the archives?

Would it be helpful if I made a new thread in "Play Collaboration" that was solely a comprehensive post of everything here? It wouldn't be very collaborative in that I wouldn't want people to post in that thread, but it would be in that I was taking everyone's comments and putting them there.

The problem with an archived post is that I can't update it, so it would quickly become outdated.

As it is, I'm making sure to have an updated compilation of the post on each new page, so that it is fresh, new, and easy to reference. The only potential problem with that is for anyone who looks at pages prior to when I began doing it, but eventually they would find it. It's also more likely that they'd start on the last page, in which case, they could find it.

Log out with barrier on? Log in with barrier on.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on June 23, 2011, 06:10:59 PM
Did not know that. That's pretty cool.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on June 25, 2011, 02:01:51 PM
Quote from: bcw81 on June 23, 2011, 06:10:59 PM
Did not know that. That's pretty cool.

In retrospect, it would seem necessary for some.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Some may laugh but this took me a long time to figure out

change ldesc none   -  reverts to code generated ldesc

awesome, no more change ldesc stands here