Author Topic: Neat little things  (Read 93998 times)

Taven

• Helper
Re: Neat little things
« Reply #850 on: November 27, 2016, 06:47:48 PM »
When you scribble, it has a default ldesc, but the scribble is an object like anything else. You can 'arrange' it to say whatever you want, for example: arrange scribble ~ is on the wall here.

Most awesome thing ever.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Barsook

• Helper
    • The Sense of Openness
« Reply #851 on: January 01, 2017, 09:24:16 PM »
' is say.

nessalin

• Board Administrator
« Reply #852 on: January 23, 2017, 03:37:04 PM »
Code: [Select]
hold flute
play flute

With various musical instruments, you can use the 'play' command.  I never knew this!  I always tried 'use' and failed or made up the emote.

This is, if I recall correctly, a Sanvean addition to the game.

We can look at expanding the 'use' command to do the same thing as 'play' since that may be why so many are unaware of it.

Riev

« Reply #853 on: January 23, 2017, 03:45:37 PM »
hold flute
play flute

With various musical instruments, you can use the 'play' command.  I never knew this!  I always tried 'use' and failed or made up the emote.

We can look at expanding the 'use' command to do the same thing as 'play' since that may be why so many are unaware of it.

This is by far one of the coolest things in the game. If it got linked to use, it'd see a bit more use... but can these be tailored to each individual instrument? Or can the echos reach other rooms? I love that "play" when using a whistle produces a shrill sound, but if its only for in room the possibilities are kinda meh.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

WithSprinkles

« Reply #854 on: January 24, 2017, 03:34:26 AM »
Heheheheh. Whistles scare the crap out of people in adjacent rooms.
"Let's get started! Ready, Steady, Go!" - L'Arc~en~Ciel

Insigne

« Reply #855 on: January 24, 2017, 04:23:22 AM »
Heheheheh. Whistles scare the crap out of people in adjacent rooms.
Is this legit? I want to knoooow.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #856 on: January 24, 2017, 04:23:57 AM »
Might vary by whistle. Some don't seem to be loud enough.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

nessalin

• Board Administrator
« Reply #857 on: January 24, 2017, 10:29:35 AM »
hold flute
play flute

This is by far one of the coolest things in the game. If it got linked to use, it'd see a bit more use... but can these be tailored to each individual instrument? Or can the echos reach other rooms? I love that "play" when using a whistle produces a shrill sound, but if its only for in room the possibilities are kinda meh.

Instruments have an instrument type.  Some are normal like 'drum' 'flute' others are more esoteric.  Each type has its own message.

While the regular instrument only work for in-room messages, there are some one-off items that message adjacent rooms.

We used to make whistles for halflings and mantis that would send messages 1-5 rooms away.  The mantis because they don't really talk like mammals and were simple whistles that everyone heard the same message.  For halflings they were for hunting.  non-halflings would have a minor chance to see an echo about random bird song, halflings would hear specific messages in the whistle 'flee' 'help' 'prey here' 'hide'.

nauta

« Reply #858 on: January 24, 2017, 10:46:24 AM »
Every time I hear about halflings, I cry.  Why, Nessalin, why?  Why do you make me cry?

But this just gave me a plot idea.

Also, all this is so very cool.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Malifaxis

• Thoughts of the Sixth Age
« Reply #859 on: January 24, 2017, 11:59:10 AM »
Every time I hear about halflings, I cry.  Why, Nessalin, why?  Why do you make me cry?

But this just gave me a plot idea.

Also, all this is so very cool.

Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Stop being shitty to each other.

nauta

« Reply #860 on: February 07, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »
Did you know...

If you have a mount hitched, you can just type 'mount' to mount it.  You don't need to try to target it at all.

Also, if you are riding a mount, you can type 'rest' to dismount AND rest the mount.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #861 on: February 07, 2017, 10:32:49 AM »
If you have multiple mounts hitched, "mount" by itself will always target the most recently hitched mount.

>hitch sunlon
>hitch war
>mount
You mount the war beetle.

"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need
while my blood's still flowing and my heart still beats