Whoever Controls The Spice...

Started by Shalooonsh, November 05, 2008, 03:33:21 PM

*black screen*

In a world... filled with dust...

*panoramic flashes of the Shield Wall, the Red Desert, and the Salt Flats, then rushing southward, the perspective eating up the miles to the southern silt coast where huge silt waves crash on a beach of broken stones, with the hint of a massive, shelled creature lurking just below the tides*

Overrun by tyrrany...

*The snap of a whip, a cry of agony, and a slow pull back from the center screen placement of a massive jade and copper cross, the look of maniacal glee in the eyes of the Allanaki Templarate being the focus now as the whip comes down again.  Colors shift and bleed until the robes turn red, with a Jihaen standing behind a legion of armed and frightened looking young boys as he howls a command and points towards a distant, ominously dark forest*

Beset... on all sides.... by madness....

*violent clashes of motion involving blades of bone and black stone, with howling, feral elves fighting for their lives against an endless tide of chittering brown mantis.  Another snap of motion brings the camera around to another elf standing alone in the middle of a ruined alleyway, surrounded by five ragged human thugs who laugh and snarl like hunting jakhal.  A twist of the camera brings a snap of red sands, and then a quick lunge into depths below, the hollow, ancient hallways seemingly long abandoned except for fresh, bloody bones on the floor, and the sound of maniacal, inhuman laughter*

Few...

*a distant view of a city upon a massive cliff face*

Have the strength... the courage...

*the camera begins to whip towards the city at a maddening pace*

To stand...

*zooming up on the southern gates of a city ringed by large walls, with a massive black, horned structure standing tall within*

And live free.

*the camera ends its journey on the face of a human with more scars than open flesh, one ear, a lopsided grin, and a spice tube stuck in his wrecked teeth.  After winking, his head turns, and the camera pans in a bit more, to focus on an earring built of a large ruby, with an obsidian fist clutched in the middle.*

Are you strong enough?

**fade to black**

You guessed it right.  Nusku and I are looking for someone with the balls, the charisma, and the sheer magnificent skill to pull off a Kurac Family Member who is focused on the Trade Ops branch.

You don't need a perfect record.  You don't need a long laundry list of characters with a huge lifespan.  You don't need a note from your mommy saying that you can go on the argosy for a field trip.  However... these things might help.

What you do need is a fierce interest in bettering the game, a character concept so imaginative and gritty that it causes us loosen our pants with antici....pation, and a command of not only coded abilities but emotive skills that will make you stand out among a hundred thousand screaming spiceheads.

Apply by midnight on Wednesday, November 12th, of 2008.  We'll have the answer by evening on the following Friday.

Good luck.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Thanks to everyone who sent in an application. I'm working on processing them, and hope to have emailed everyone who sent in an app by tomorrow night to at least let you know I got it. If you don't hear from me by midnight on Friday, let me know so that I can make sure I haven't overlooked anyone.

Welcome all to curtain call
At the opera
Raging voices in my mind
Rise above the orchestra
Like a crescendo of gratitude

Sorry for delays in response, this role has not yet been filled due to RL difficulties with the staff overseeing the clan.

Now that things are a bit more under control IRL, this decision will be made.

If you have a last minute application, this may just be the time to send it.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill