People being on.

Started by bob, May 13, 2003, 01:40:53 PM

When I log into arm I see about 20 max people,what do u guys see?

Are you talking about when you type WHO? you're seeing not a max, but a total number of people besides yourself.

But if you mean overall, people you run into. Remember the world of Zanthalas is huge, and the player base comparitivly small.

you probably won't see all that many people at any given moment.

20 people on the who list this time of day sounds just about right.

On peak times (evenings from about 5 - 11 est) I see around 40 - 60. which is pretty good. It slacks in the late evenings and daytime because of things like Work, School, Life, which is understandable. Your best bet to find other people on is to play around the peak times.

Hey, I've actually been keeping track of it kinda for the last couple months...and been seeing a steady 46-63 people on during peak, with a couple times over 70...and not during any major RPT either...pretty darn good.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

And remember, it only counts people that you can see... if they're immortal they won't be counted, nor will people who are disguised by foul magicks.  For a cute trick, type it when in a locked room or sleeping.  :twisted:

-Shinigami, Who's on Tektolnes's Tower?
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.

Well im guessing most of you are from America I on the other hand are in newzealand, so I dont know what time you are talking about.....

new zealand...hhhmmm, is that not somewhere near John?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

John where the heck new zealand is a different country.

Just to reply to Shinigami's statement, it used to only be people you can see, but it was changed (6-9 months ago, maybe longer?) so that it counts all mortals on, whether you can see them or not, I believe.  You can certainly get a count now even when sleeping.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Hey Bob

Welcome to Armageddon, it's great to see another Kiwi playing!!  Unfortunately you will need to log on from around 11am till about 6pm to catch the peak times that everyone else plays.  Evenings New Zealand time usually sees an average of 6 players, weekends might take that up to around 16 at the most.  Good luck, and have fun with the game.

-Lirael-
(also from New Zealand)
Passion.... makes us brutal and sanguinary" -- Broome.

Then what are Turkish people here supposed to do? The peak time here's between 3am-9am... But surely the game's so good that solo-RPing is fine. Just create a plot and move on. I don't believe I'm watched so often, so I think I'll never have karma but playing dwarven rangers and elven pickpockets is contenting.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "bob"John where the heck new zealand is a different country.

He means there's another player here who goes by the name John that lives near New Zealand.