Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

When you run from a skeet kicking the tar out of your character, stop, and wonder if that war spice in your pack will turn the tides of combat.
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

August 03, 2008, 03:01:34 AM #1 Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 03:12:35 AM by Fathi
I had a dream recently that featured an Armageddon staffer. It's the closest thing to an Arm-related dream I've ever had.

???

Edit: Not that kind of dream. Perverts.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Desertman was once killed by a beggar. With a bowl.

August 03, 2008, 03:58:23 AM #3 Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 04:01:04 AM by FantasyWriter
Quote from: Forest Junkie on August 03, 2008, 03:51:38 AM
Desertman was once killed by a beggar. With a bowl.

Bwahahahah... I love hearing that story!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Playing a cowardly NON-combat, NON-magick (no defense whatsoever) PC, and being poofed someplace by someone/something, emoting trembling, fumbling for weapon from a pouch in belt.. This mind you is not the sad part, but the part where you go "get dagger belt" emote emote emote "draw dagger" "You don't have that weapon sheathed" And being so OOCly frazzled by the event you can't recall where the hell it is. And die without ever wielding it.

Trying to LOOK down off a spot high up, and forgetting to type the 'l' before hitting 'd' and plummeting over the edge.
Quote from: Yam
Tew is the sound Soh make when they shoot guns.

Tew! Tew! Tew!

KahKahKahKahKahKahKahKahKah!

Tew!

Having my rinthi elf die from her first ever attempt at poisoning a blade. Sometimes playing a bit more carefully and thinking twice really will promote character longevity.

Dying to creatures you try to tame is also somewhat shameful, especially if they're not particularly nasty.

Getting knocked out by a crippled beggar, and then slowly dying to it. Only a few few few rooms away from a safe zone.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Being slain by an NPC you wrote with a weapon you designed! The horror... the shame.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

Nodding to a 'Nakki noble.  (Yeah, try frickin' covering that one up.  Oy.)
Quote from: saquartey
Rairen, what would we do without you?

Getting myself and two other people killed by an NPC allied to our..group, because I didn't know the other NPC I was attacking apparently outranked me, or even had any affiliation with our group.

After several years of playing, every few characters I still manage to not think, and try to walk along the Shield Wall during a sandstorm, while not playing a ranger.

Oh yeah... I once special apped a character I really wanted to play for a couple years only to get it killed within hours by wearing something to expensive in the rinth..even though I consider myself something of an expert on what can be safely worn in the rinth.

Sorry, keep thinking of new ones and apparently I'm too lazy to edit my old posts...even as I type this, I could be going back and editing...and for some reason, I'm not..

Shame: I hardly ever emote while crafting. It's boring and I can't seem to get into it.

"Hit kank me"

Beep!

Welcome to Armageddon!
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I once had an IC meeting in a dangerous place with an Imm-powerd NPC, I got there and killed a few pretty strong things trying to follow me. I wish up to let them know I'm here, but sadly, they had to go do something IRL. I turn around and start heading back to a safe place with my powerful warrior PC. I get about half way back and I died.. to something pretty easy to take down, because I fell into a hole and got knocked out.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

August 03, 2008, 12:01:03 PM #14 Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 01:18:20 PM by Malken
Meeting with very important people and realizing that you have your pants in your inventory and you're naked from the waist down is always a classic for me.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Lost a good PC to someone's tinkery.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: Malken on August 03, 2008, 12:01:03 PM
Meeting with very important people and realizing that you have your pants in your inventory and your naked from the waist down is always a classic for me.

I once hosted an auction in a room just chock full of nobles and templars. Neglected to notice that my character wasn't wearing pants until literally a minute before going up onstage.

Quote from: Fathi on August 03, 2008, 01:17:28 PM
I once hosted an auction in a room just chock full of nobles and templars. Neglected to notice that my character wasn't wearing pants until literally a minute before going up onstage.

Only cool if said character was pantsless due to IC events.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 03, 2008, 02:25:51 PM
Quote from: Fathi on August 03, 2008, 01:17:28 PM

Only cool if said character was pantsless due to IC events.

Too bad you can't "hide" under tables....

>south
A Private Room Behind the Bar [north]

The tall, back robed man stand from the table, seemingly embarrassed.

>l tall
[he is not wearing any pants]

The short red-headed vixen reveals herself from under the table.

>l short
[she is completely naked]
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Passing out from Way strain in the middle of a crowded area with a leader PC who you've been playing for months IRL.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Playing a Middle ranked PC and being so drunk that i had to be carried back to the compound... the leader needed us somewhere fast, so after falling about 30 times to go 4 rooms to the stables, I climbed on my mount and was able to get to my beetle.

The bad part was that i could ride just fine, and forgot that I was drunk, so when i got to the leader, as soon as I dismounted I tried following him to the next room and fell over again.
So this is what I did...

>sleep

>change ldesc is he passed our and reeking of alcohol.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Ordering a Gith to follow me, and go attack an NPC down the road.

Forcing the Gith to rescue me from the NPC when I was getting hurt.

Forcing the Gith to kick the NPC.

Running away after the Gith dies to the NPC.

Getting another Gith and going to go attack the same NPC.

Repeat x5.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I was playing a PC who was killed in like three hits during a Luirsfest tournament more a year or more ago.

Quote from: Vessol on August 03, 2008, 07:36:26 PM
I was playing a PC who was killed in like three hits during a Luirsfest tournament more a year or more ago.

What do you know! So was I.

(Although I got awarded a posthumous third place prize, so it's not entirely shameful!)

Quote from: Wicked on August 03, 2008, 04:09:47 AM
Trying to LOOK down off a spot high up, and forgetting to type the 'l' before hitting 'd' and plummeting over the edge.

Losing a one year and a half old character to this, save I was Looking south and instead just walked over the edge.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin