Armageddon community processing

Started by Samoa, May 08, 2003, 01:43:03 PM

Hiya!

Google is currently working on a distributed computing project, and with the ability to share a user name, if any of us besides just me want to work on it, we can all contribute to the same account!  The URL with the information is at http://toolbar.google.com/dc/offerdc.html - I tend to kinda prefer this over SETI@Home, since SETI will take up 100% of your computing power all the time, and with this I can set it to a happy 80 and still get stuff done :>.

If you want to be part of this project, then once it's installed, click the double helix and go to 'Configure' - under the user name, put ArmageddonMUD - and that's it :>.  Hopefully soon we'll start seeing us up there!

Edit:
For those of you asking what they use our computing power for, they're currently working on decoding proteins for medical research.  Stanford is working on a project to understand protein structure so they can better combat illnesses, and that's the current Google compute project.  Other ones may come up in time.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Goes to cure illness, eh?
"Alright, normally I would never do this but since it's for Armageddon..."