Of rescue lag vs. bash lag

Started by SailorMars, May 02, 2003, 12:13:34 AM

Hello,

I really must say before even beginning this post how tasty Sam Adam's Boston Ale is.  :P

On with the post: I have noticed, but could be wrong, that the lag for rescuing someone is greater than the lag caused by being bashed. It also seems that even if the person you try to rescue does not need rescuing, that this huge lag occurs. I think the person getting rescued get lagged badly too. I can see how knocking someone out of harm's way would cause some lag, but more than getting slammed to the ground prone? In any case, I've found it is almost more effective to just kill what is attacking the person than rescue and suffer all the offense lag.

Am I right about how rescue > bash lag? If so, please explain why so I can visualize it.
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

Sam is indeed tasty.

Bashing seems to be simply running at something and crashing into it, hoping to knock it down.  With rescue, you're going to have to find a way to insert yourself between Buddy and the big ass tembo that's got his teeth at Buddy's neck.

I'm guessing that'd be the lag?

No, they are talking about the lag from being bashed, not bashing, vs rescuing.

I like everything by sam adams except for the scotch ale, that is the 3rd worst brew ever, but nothing compares to guinness
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I'm used to seeing my chars running in circles in panic to find a place to hide for an hour. I'm used to seeing my char slicing a scrab to useless dust covered strips of meat. I'm even used to seeing that my char decides to leave his steel katanas sheathed and tries his boxing skills on a beetle. I can get used to that. Oh I think I had enough of that spice. Proceed to the next post. I'm babbling nonsense.

BEWARE! The signature may hurt your eyes.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Yes.  The lag causes by being bashed (even by a half-giant) in my experience is -trivial-.

This is a known issue and as far as I understand it is the result of a bug.  Some aspects of it may or may not be changed. I don't really feel like it would be productive to say anymore about it.

Quote from: "X-D"No, they are talking about the lag from being bashed, not bashing, vs rescuing.

I like everything by sam adams except for the scotch ale, that is the 3rd worst brew ever, but nothing compares to guinness

Stupid lack of sleep causing illteracy.  You're entirely right. :oops:

And I can't believe Sam would give us a beer just above Beast and Natty Ice, and below Miller Lite and Bud Lite.

QuoteI like everything by sam adams except for the scotch ale, that is the 3rd worst brew ever, but nothing compares to guinness

Stupid lack of sleep causing illteracy. You're entirely right.  

And I can't believe Sam would give us a beer just above Beast and Natty Ice, and below Miller Lite and Bud Lite.

I still say nothing is better then Guinness, bread in a bottle, porkchop in every glass, food and good beer all in one, win win deal, and tastes great too:)

Wow, Natty is #2 on my list of worst beers ever, #1 kingfisher..I'm not sure what it really is, but the word beer is spelled on the label.

#2 See quote, and nothing need be said on this one except keep it around to serve to people you don't want to ever come back

#3 sam adams scotch ale...partly cause I was expecting something good and the shock of it actually being the 5th worst brew I've ever tasted earns it the #3 slot.

#4 BUDWEISER Only beer in the world that gets worse the more you drink

#5 corona yum, yellow mildew in a bottle, only beer that you are supposed to add lemon too, why? to cover the taste of dirty socks.

Let me know if you want the top 50 worst....1:35 am...Do you know where your kank is?
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

EDIT: I also wanted to say, from my experience, it seems the basher's lag for a succeeded bash is longer then a failed bash... And a basher's succeeded bash lag is longer then the bashees lag... And it really sucks. In the least the bashers lag should be moved to BEFORE instead of after, although making it shorter would probably be helpful, and lengthening the bashees lag so they don't insta stand while the basher is still lagging. Yeah.

Beer sucks period, yes yes yes. It's nasty, but isn't too bad if you start with Hard A and work your way towards beer.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Beer? Sheeit. Give me a Corona with a muthafuckin' lemon slice, or an Old English 40 water, and I'm livin' lovely.

Nastiest shit in the world? That Blue Bull beer..I forget the name. They drink the shit outta it in the hood 'cause it's cheap as fuck, but damn, that is some sickening beer. And 211 is not real good either, but it will get you fucked up in a major way and fast.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

First of all, you low-lifers, Corona is considered trash cheap beer in Mexico, and NOBODY there puts a lime in it. That's just some American silliness to make people feel speshul.

Corona is Mexico's Heffenreffer.

Now while I'm not fond of beer in general, I have to say I really enjoyed a short phase in my youth, when I lived in Canada for a summer. They had LeBatt's 50...which you can't get in the States. Served in a glass, with a dash of salt sprinkled over the head. Pretty damned yummy, plus it has 9.something alcohol content or some other ridiculously high amount of alcohol for a beer, so just a couple sent my head spinning.

Molson's Beer (not Golden Ale!) was a close second, also served with salt.

Say what you will about them Canadians, but they know how to brew a damned nice beer.

Well, I'm from detroit myself, so lebatts and moosehead at least are not on my top 50 worst:)
Lizzie:

Colt 45 yo, 99 cent wonder.

Just kidding, I don't actually drink, nor do I think I'd drink Colt 45 if I did. I've heard it's crap like that Blue Bull stuff that Venomz was talking about.

Say, didn't Lando Calriseon (Sorry, too lazy to check the spelling on that) do a Colt 45 commercial?

To top it off colt45 is not even beer, it is a malt liquer...hhhmm, ok, still can't spell.....which means it does not even have all of the ingredients of a beer/lager/stout/ale/pilsner..IE cheaper in make then the rest of the things listed in this offshoot off topic part of the thread, unless you want to count falling down drunk as being bashed:) same goes for old english, king cobra, magnum, almost every cooler, and the so called "wines" such as mad dog, boones, st ives, these are flavered malt liquer.

HHHmmmm...um, yes, you think bash rescue lag is bad, should try some of the more special skills....eeewww.
Lizzie:

Damn, now you've done it.  I'm all thirsty, and it's Saturday.  You'll regret this!  Mark my words, you will regret it!

Shinigami, Drunken Right Testicle of Tektolnes
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.

You be careful how you all talk about Colt 45 . C45 is the drink of gods and Imms and only the brave and or stupid can handle it. I mean COMON the bloody stuff is sponsored by BILLY DEE WILLIAMS!! Can booze get any better?? and the catch phrase! man how can you go wrong when your beer says

Colt 45 "It works everytime"

Make no mistake, im Canadian and there is nothing above The C 45.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

The only thing I regret is the fact that I am currently drinking the last Heineken in the house... :cry:
Lizzie:

Hahahahaha, sweet! This thread turned into 75% beer discussion and 25% lag discussion. That goes to show you how important beer is!

So our neighbor's cat gets stuck, somehow, in this fire escape. My roomie gets the kitty down safe and becomes the proud owner of four sixes of Sam's. Thank Krath for Sam Cook or American beer would be a complete disgrace, hehehehe.

For me, the real mac daddy of beer is Guiness (whoever said Corona should be thrown in the arena against a rabid gaj). And not the shit they make in the states, the imported from ireland in a barrel kind, pumped through the freon right as it goes into the glass. Now that's a beautiful thing. :) :) :)
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

I swear by the Black & Tan.

(For you uneducated philistines, it's Bass and Guiness.  Oh, and you drink it chill off.  Philistines.)

And um, I bet bash has like, a bigger lag when you're drunk and um...resuce uh...doesn't.