Guild PSIONICIST.

Started by Abascal, May 01, 2003, 05:26:15 PM

Just wondering how thies guys work. what do thy do cast spells in the form of phsionics? im confused.

Ohh and by the way I remember this information about all the cities that was much more detailed then the help files, but I cannot find them.. can anyone lend me a hand perhaps?

In repsonse to your second question, I think you mean the What You Know docs, which are quite detailed.  They can be found here: http://www.armageddon.org/intro/whatyouknow.html

The General Information section of the homepage, http://www.armageddon.org/general/ , contains more detailed information on the cities.

Quote from: "GUILD_PSIONICIST Helpfile"
Psionics has been a large part of Zalanthas since the beginning of written history. Every living thing has some type of psionic skill, for those that do not have long since become extinct. Most sentient creatures have the abilities to send messages through the 'Way,' as is called the psionic ether, and the ability to form a 'barrier' around their minds so that no one can send them messages, or enter their minds.

As species have evolved, humans found themselves at a disadvantage. No longer the strongest, fastest, or even smartest beings around, their survival was in jeopardy. For one reason or another, the human brain was able to unlock more psionic powers than any of the other beings. Only humans have been able to become true psionicists, and use psionic skills other than the basics.

Psionicists have come to be known as mindbenders, and masters of the Way. They deal with manipulation of the Way, bending it to serve their plots and designs. Because of their ability to deal directly with peoples minds, true psionicists are killed on sight (though of course none would be so foolish as to announce their presence openly, just as a defiler would not) in just about every civilized region of Zalanthas, due to their highly dangerous potential.

Pisonicists are intentionally mysterious, and therefore the specific answer to your question about how they function is withheld from the player base at large for just that reason.  You'd have to find out IC.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

just wondering because its a hassle to make a character to find out its nothing spcial.... have done it once... and it sucks.....

I guess, with the psionicists, you'll just have to assume that being all-powerful is "special."  :)

Pretty much, if something requires karma (which psionicist does...and a rather good amount at that) then there is something special about it, something which typical players are unable to do and often unable to even understand.  If you had a special character and couldn't find anything special about it, then perhaps you didn't fully understand your own potential.  In truth karma characters are really just an expanded option, they arent always necessarily more 'powerful', since much of the games power revolves around non-skill abilities such as contacts, alliances, information, and ability to manipulate others...aspects which are available for anyone, karma or not, to develop.  Look for 'specialness' in your characters own unique abitions and goals, not in their skills.

Its not so much that karma classes are 'uber powerful' or whatever.. really most of them arn't.. you can have a merchant that has far more power than any karma class.. it just all depends on how you play. Karma classes just require more responsibility to play properly.

I see the karma system as more of a 'trust level' then a skill level... people that have a lot of karma points.. are generally just trusted to be able to handle the roles that those classes would play... and not do stupid shit.

If you really want to play a class that you don't have the karma for, write up an application... that would need to be much more in depth than a standard char app, and send it into the mud acct. Another way is to get an immortal to sponser your karma char that you have come up with a good concept for.

YMMV
-Moe the Schmoe
:evil:  :twisted:
I wish it hurt to be dumb.

I've never played a psionicist so I'm just speculating, but I'd look for clues in how the common psionic abilities work.  Everybody gets Contact and Barrier, look up the helpfiles for them, play with them a little. So you have made contact and your stun points are slowly bleeding away, if you psi a message then you loose a chunk of stun.  On the other hand you have barrier, it takes a chunk of stun upfront, but then keeps working for a while without maintenance.   My guess is that other psionic abilities would be similar mechanically, I think some of them even require contact to work.  

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I have guessed at a few mind-bender skills, but I won't post 'em up  :wink:

ICly quite a lot of people don't actually believe in mindbenders. I think that's really cool roleplay, and an interesting idea to come up with.

they seem so fun to RP. the like Quintessance form of fun RP. I like challenging things. But it will be hard because I need the karma.

If you believe you could truely enhance and benefit the gameworld and other players through your great RPing of a Psion you could go through the process of submitting a special application for a staff sponsered character. The link to that is... here:

http://www.armageddon.org/general/sponsored.html

Typically special apps are only given to people with a firm grasp on the playing world, commands, history, proven to be trustworthy, etc. Because races and guilds are kept prohibbted because there is essentially SO-MUCH they could do wrong on them. Halflings, gith, half-giants, muls, desert elves: they all have a skeleton they are intended to be played and abided by. Same for the guilds.

Hope that helps.

Quote from: "Jenred"...muls...

MMmmmm......stupid karma sys...oops...didn't mean to hit the submit button....
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Yeah... Muls do belong as a karma class, because they have amazing amount of abusability. You know, strong as a dwarf, fast as a human, heavy as a dwarf, tall as a human, they make for bashing/subduing -abusable- machines.

They are supposed to be a Karma class for a reason.

Quote from: "Tony"Yeah... Muls do belong as a karma class...They are supposed to be a Karma class for a reason.

.....yeah, I know. I was joking....
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Kay, thought it was like a thinly veiled criticism of the karma system.

See, you couldn't tell that it was a joke because Venomz didn't use his usual blinding flashes of color to set things apart.  :twisted: