Author Topic: Call for Uncraftable Raw Materials / Skinned Materials  (Read 4347 times)

Nyr

• Red Fangs
Call for Uncraftable Raw Materials / Skinned Materials
« on: June 17, 2008, 05:22:30 PM »
I apologize for the slight derail...

I have (albeit rather slowly) begun making some random uncraftable items craftable already.
Most of what I've got so far in my self-made queue are things that are the well-known "okay guys we can just junk the rest of the stuff we skinned from this body" uncraftables.

Once I've finished this first list, I'll post a call in the submissions forum asking for input to get the ball rolling on some other things, giving the specific stuff I will need in order to do each item.

I would like to open this up to players for contribution.
Phase 1 of this project will be making raw materials / skinned materials that are otherwise not craftable craftable (within reason). 
For the purposes of this project, raw materials will include anything that doesn't have any "purpose" in the game.
If you get this object in your inventory or skin it from a corpse and think "gee, okay, I'll just junk this because I can't do anything with it, nor will anyone buy it," I want you to figure out what it could be.

What I need for each item:

Crafting recipe for the item.
Keywords of the item.
Short desc of the item.
Long desc of the item.
Main desc of the item.
Wear location of the item.
Weight of the item.
Success echo (to the crafter) for crafting the item successfully.
Success echo (to the room) for crafting the item successfully.
Success echo (to the crafter) for failure to craft the item successfully.
Success echo (to the room) for failure to craft the item successfully.

These may be altered after submission.
No metal items.

Post here if you plan to write any.  Limit to two per person until this list is finished, then we'll ask for another batch until we're done with this phase.

E-mail your submissions to:
nyr@armageddon.org (and cc mud@armageddon.org as well). 
In the subject line please put (Raw Materials Crafting Project) before whatever your custom subject line is. 

Put any questions here!
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Briarfox

• Briar Art
Re: Call for Uncraftable Raw Materials / Skinned Materials
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 05:31:55 PM »
I'd like to do a couple.
Briar

And the Nonman King cried words that sting:
"Now to me you must confess,
For death above you hovers!"
And the Emissary answered ever wary:
"We are the race of flesh,
We are the race of lovers."
     -"Ballad of the Inchoroi"

Tisiphone

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 05:32:34 PM »
Pick me! How should we inform you WHAT we want to craft, and/or be informed of what needs recipes?
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 06:05:05 PM »
Sign me up for a couple then.  I'll help out.  Would love to actually.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

AmandaGreathouse

• Inspiration on Tap:
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 06:13:28 PM »
Pick me! How should we inform you WHAT we want to craft, and/or be informed of what needs recipes?

This! And I want to do a few. BADLY!
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Maso

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 07:21:52 PM »
I have a couple in mind.
emote pees into your eyes deeply

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 07:53:52 PM »

Send an e-mail per the instructions above. 
I'll correspond with any specific questions--at this moment, I'm hoping to gather from players the answer to "what can be used as a recipe?"
Eventually, the question will be "What would the recipe for this item be if I could craft it?"

Picture crafts like a reverse pyramid.
At the bottom, we have a relatively small number (less than a dozen I'd say) that are considered raw materials or skinned materials that cannot be crafted into anything. 
At the top, we have finished products that do not have crafted recipes for them (that should).
Right now, we're working on the things that are the most base materials that don't do anything (except piss you off).

Some examples:

Random assortment of bones you get from a gortok
carru antlers (though I have put some of this in, it may not have been copied over yet)

I can't think of too many examples, but you folks in the playerbase should be able to track things down faster than I can from this side.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:55:34 PM by Nyr »
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 09:17:46 AM »
Received some questions, but haven't received any submissions yet.  I'll wait another week and then designate the next level up that I'm looking for.

Fathi

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 01:21:42 PM »
Email seeeeent.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 04:32:29 PM »
Are any of these still open?  I thought of a good one.
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »
I personally don't know off the top of my head uncraftable materials, but I've been working on a list of uncraftable finished products.  I'll wait till then and get it sent in sometime.
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 12:43:51 PM »
Definitely still open.  I'm working actively on a few right now and some have been helpful enough to send in items that are not craftable into anything.

I'll do some more research and then update this thread with a new call, but please continue to send new ones in.  If you've already sent two, feel free to send more.

FantasyWriter

• Tales of Then--Reflections of Now
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 12:09:57 AM »
I have some ideas... email has been sent.
Greb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 08:48:47 AM »
I've started work on the ones I got over the last month.  I've had to make a few alterations to either recipes, descriptions, and the like. 
Once I've finished a submission I will list it on the weekly update (which will show who submitted it, not what it is).

All of these items are meant to be available for all crafters, not just clans or tribes. 
However, if you have a compelling reason for it to be clan-only, please include that in the submission e-mail. 
(I reserve the right to assign it to a clan or tribe if it makes more sense.)

Briarfox

• Briar Art
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »
Can we submit more while you work or would you rather we hold off until you are done with last month's pile?
Briar

And the Nonman King cried words that sting:
"Now to me you must confess,
For death above you hovers!"
And the Emissary answered ever wary:
"We are the race of flesh,
We are the race of lovers."
     -"Ballad of the Inchoroi"

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 08:20:12 AM »
I'm not too swamped with waiting recipes, so go ahead and send them.  Make sure they are in the format of the OP.  Thanks!

aruna

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 03:35:25 PM »
I totally missed this thread. :( Nyr, does the limit of two per person still apply? I want to send some.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 01:35:59 PM »
You can submit more.  However, please hold for a while as I update this thread for the next phase of the project.  Thanks!

FightClub

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 02:15:58 PM »
I think, as is, there are plenty of weapons that are uncraftable, and loads of materials that could just be thrown at them.
"rogues do it from behind"
[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

FantasyWriter

• Tales of Then--Reflections of Now
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 03:26:35 PM »
You can submit more.  However, please hold for a while as I update this thread for the next phase of the project.  Thanks!

Are we still holding, or would you like more?
Greb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 08:26:13 AM »
People stopped submitting actual "raw" materials a long time ago.  I don't think that there are too many left.  We're on phase two of this now (http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,32060.0.html).

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 04:25:44 PM »
As in the other thread, I'm no longer taking these.  Raw materials submissions have dropped off completely since phase two started, though.