Where to go?

Started by Shabazz, April 30, 2003, 09:21:59 PM

I just got arrested for attacking some guy which was dumb because he had the sweetest armour and you should be able to loot it. But now Im in jail and im thinking who is the boss monster of this game? is the loot he drops sweet? I have no idea where to find him. I have a warrior so he can be beat by me at what level? And where are the enchanted weapon stores? Also what creatures drop the best gold so I can get like +5 sword of slaying and stuff?

Hahahaha, this is a joke, right?  8)

.. I hope it's a joke.

Um, I hope it is too, but if not anybody got an address to a mud where he can get these things?

hhhmmm, how about perilous.xidus.net port5023....H&S as old as arm.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

You peeps are all wrong... lying to him, all y'all knowing it.  X-D you seem like you know your stuff - did you just forget to mention the 1337 command?

Shizzo - dude, just hit this up on the keyboard:

1337 ami

That's the code to get out of jail, make everyone drop their warez, bring the ... what was the term... "boss monster [to] drop his lootz" (I think you forgot to add phat there) and, as Ice Cube and Mack 10 might be inclined to say, "Bow down when you come to my town".

Cheers

PPPS (Sorry for the OOC post)

The Dragon is the final boss d00d.

Just kill him in the lake of molten fire ;)

Get real.  You don't kill The Dragon if you see him.

Everyone knows that if they see an NPC of The Dragon they are obliged as players, to the hundreds of people who have played Armageddon over the years and wondered, to type "mount dragon" to see if it at least possible.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

Quote from: "Fedaykin"Get real.  You don't kill The Dragon if you see him.

Everyone knows that if they see an NPC of The Dragon they are obliged as players, to the hundreds of people who have played Armageddon over the years and wondered, to type "mount dragon" to see if it at least possible.

Does that count for Tek/Muk too, if you're a f-me?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

In Russia the Dragon mounts you!
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"In Russia the Dragon mounts you!

I think that's the shortest post AC has ever done. Think the delicate balance of nature has been affected?  :wink:

Quote from: "X-D"hhhmmm, how about perilous.xidus.net port5023....H&S as old as arm.

Wow!!  Perilous Realms!!  Is Deth still around?!

Unfortunatly, yes, deth is still around, though not current head imm, current imms actually fix stuff, though the playerbase is a lot smaller then when I actually played.

still hop in now and again to get the urge to slay entire towns out of my system:)
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Funny thing is, it was either PR or epic mud (can't remember exactly, been some time) where I heard about Arm, somebody got in and gossiped about a new darksun based mud and gave the address, I checked it out and abandoned my level 172/140 mage/warrior.

Yes, the days of multiclass on pr.

Anyway, since it worked for me and at least one other pr player at the time also came over to arm, leaving his char. I now, every once and a while hop from mud to mud doing basicly the same thing:) aim for the either very old or very new muds, cause the ones on the old muds may be bored and if people playing on a very new one, they were recently looking for something new anyway....no idea if it is working but hey, can't hurt.
Lizzie:

Yeah, I think I heard about Armageddon on PR, too!  Heh, funny.

Quote from: "X-D"Funny thing is, it was either PR or epic mud (can't remember exactly, been some time) where I heard about Arm, somebody got in and gossiped about a new darksun based mud and gave the address, I checked it out and abandoned my level 172/140 mage/warrior.

Yes, the days of multiclass on pr.

Anyway, since it worked for me and at least one other pr player at the time also came over to arm, leaving his char. I now, every once and a while hop from mud to mud doing basicly the same thing:) aim for the either very old or very new muds, cause the ones on the old muds may be bored and if people playing on a very new one, they were recently looking for something new anyway....no idea if it is working but hey, can't hurt.

Please don't go to other games and advertise for ours.

Though it may wind up getting us one or two players, it ultimately makes us look very bad, and in this case, the actions of one are a reflection upon the whole.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Bah, you have to be kidding me, aside from me not being anywhere near the first to do so, everybody came from somewhere, adverts on places like the mudconnector, what is the diff, everybody came from somewhere, for some arm is the first mud, for others the 100th, some of us, players, staff came from H&S others from graphical and everything in between, A H&S is nothing but a big chat room anyway but you see nobody complaining about adverts IRC or discussion boards, To advertise on a H&S reflects what? That you are proud of the mud you play, that you think it is the best mud ever, that you think the player base is the best of the best? That you wish to share this great game with others and enrich their gaming and thereby enriching your own and others?

This is a bad thing?
Lizzie:

I'm going to have to agree with Samoa on this one, X-D.  Leeching people from other MUDs is -extremely- bad form.  How would you like someone coming to Arm with:

ooc Hey, everyone go connect to blah.blah.com 6969!!!!  It's AWESOME!!!

Hmmm?

Quote from: "X-D"To advertise on a H&S reflects what? That you are proud of the mud you play, that you think it is the best mud ever, that you think the player base is the best of the best? That you wish to share this great game with others and enrich their gaming and thereby enriching your own and others?

This is a bad thing?

It is a bad thing.

It's basically going over to someone's house, and saying, "your carpet is ugly, your wallpaper is stupid, your furniture is cheap and I hate your cat."  It shows total disrespect for the creators and staff of the other game, as well as the players who've been there for a while.  They have poured years upon years into their game to make it live up to THEIR standards and /their/ dream, even if it may not coincide with what most of us would think of as ours.  It's showing up without invitation or reason and just giving the middle finger.  It's a big fuck-you to the staffers and players, and I don't really think that's the impression we want to be giving the rest of the MUD community - since it is just that, a community.

Furthermore, most MUDs, if not all, strictly prohibit, in their rules, advertising for other muds on public channels - if they allow it at all.  This is just another way of you (or whomever) ignoring the standards that MUD sets forth because you think you are above the rules.  What if people did that on Armageddon?  Just acted OOC, didn't bother roleplaying, killed templars for their equipment... is that appropriate?  Of course not.  It's against the rules.  And so is advertising for our MUD on someone else's.

So, please, do not do it.  It makes Armageddon, and by extension, all of us, look really bad.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

I heard of Arm on the message board of a dead Hack n Slash mud called Majic Realm, an extremely popular Mud out of BC, Canada that had a large local group of users.  We had huge events, it was awesome.  A shame it's no longer around.  Back before the Internet, MR was king

Quote from: "Alternative Muds"At times, you may feel the need to take a break from Armageddon, or need something to do during the Saturday downtime. We recommend the following as a possible change of pace:

Discworld is based on the writings of Terry Pratchett.

Otherspace is a science fiction MUSH.

If you have suggestions for other listings, please mail them to mud@armageddon.org.

http://www.zalanthas.org/ArmDocs/Community/altmuds.html

X-D
Out of respect for Armageddon you should have requested permission from the Immortal staff to do what is considered an advertisement for this other place.  Just to be polite and respectful, at least that is my opinion.  I don't see it so much as a "KILL HIM" kind of thing but definately a "Tsk, tsk, bad boy, no doggie treat for you" kind of thing.

Chuckle, Ok, whatever, though I in no way feel I need defend myself to samoa or krelin I will clarify, I suppose you are thinking I go in and

Quoteooc Hey, everyone go connect to blah.blah.com 6969!!!! It's AWESOME!!!

Far from it, No, not even close, go, hang out see what is going on, if the conversations change to that of different muds, at which point, if everything looks promising I MAY mention the mud I play....may mention, often (most times) It is Ick, nobody promising here and log out for a few weeks, Also, if, on the small chance I do see something promising it is quite often the one person in 20 speaking normal english, at which point I may message them using tell/telepath Or whatever the private method on that mud is, normaly saying something to the extent of /samoa If you think you need more of a challange then this mud or any other offers, maybe check out this page sometime www.armageddon.org, I never give the actual mud address and do stay on if they have questions, this, in essense is no diff from you telling your friends or people in chat rooms etc.

QuoteFurthermore, most MUDs, if not all, strictly prohibit, in their rules, advertising for other muds on public channels - if they allow it at all. This is just another way of you (or whomever) ignoring the standards that MUD sets forth because you think you are above the rules

In the future I would prefer if you are going to answer one of my posts that you read them and infer nothing, take what I say at face value, At no point did I say that I used public channels or interacted in public channels in any way, Though I did say "doing basicly the same thing" this means something is different in the way I go about it.

QuoteIt is a bad thing.

It's basically going over to someone's house, and saying, "your carpet is ugly, your wallpaper is stupid, your furniture is cheap and I hate your cat." It shows total disrespect for the creators and staff of the other game, as well as the players who've been there for a while. They have poured years upon years into their game to make it live up to THEIR standards and /their/ dream

For the record, and I make no bones about it, I am exactly that type of person, I am blunt and to the point with little or no regard for an adult's feelings, I say what I think, if I think your wife has a bad hairdo and your children are total brats and the color of your house is the worst I have ever seen, I will tell you so, that is assuming you matter to me enough to waste the energy, But I am also more forthcoming with when I think somebody is doing a great job, has good kids or a great hairdo.

I do not consider it a bad thing, but your opinion on the subject is noted and filed

I had to go in and edit this and so saw a post that accured while I was writing this....somebody please show me where I posted "yea, I go and gossip Hey D00D go check out armageddon mud....Sheesh
[/quote]
Lizzie:

Ok, since a bunch of people now are thinking I have gossiped arm adverts, Nope, never happened, sorry if it seemed that way.
Lizzie:

Quote from: "X-D"For the record, and I make no bones about it, I am exactly that type of person, I am blunt and to the point with little or no regard for an adult's feelings, I say what I think, if I think your wife has a bad hairdo and your children are total brats and the color of your house is the worst I have ever seen, I will tell you so, that is assuming you matter to me enough to waste the energy, But I am also more forthcoming with when I think somebody is doing a great job, has good kids or a great hairdo.

Me too!   Wanna take over the world and force everyone to be honest?

ShaLeah
-who has been called brutal more than once. *waving* Hi Harcroft honey!  :)

Grin, That would rock Shal...currently I have been having to settle with what some would basicly call a cult...But soon we will be large enough to take over wichita, the center of the country, then we will spread in all directions from there...MOOHAHAHAHA!
Lizzie:

My rule of thumb, which is probably not representative of the rest of the staff, is this.

If the staff of another MUD doesn't want people advertising other MUDs (like Armageddon) on their MUD, or their MUD's related communication venues (like message boards) then I would prefer that people not do it. Purely out of respect and/or courtesy to those who are running the game in question.
vendyra the Queen of Purity says, out of character:
     "ORFL"

Nodding to Kurano.

Like I said, never spoke up in public channel, even when on a mud where 5-15 people are talking about the other muds they are playing/scripting on, large numbers of people playing H&S script/play several muds at the same time, but even if did, if you see something like this I don't think you need worry about anybody complaining...

Dickerface gossips: hey caustic, get live over on nuckinfutz mud and get your cleric and ranger to help me kill the demon lord

Caustic gossips: d00d, my pali on 420mud got raped by the duerger bitch queen, fukerII is nearby, gotta get my shit back before he nabs it all

FukerIV gossips: 2 l8t caustic...got yer shit, let ya buy it back for 10mil p

Caustic gossips: shit, i only got 8.5mil p, i'll just take ya out with my ninja punk

-----------------------------------------
You get the picture, but not like I'm gonna tell any of them about arm anyway, actually I sit there and hope that these types never get wind of arm, but you will also see people now and again who are completly new and have no idea there are choices other then H&S, and or actually type in english with punctuation, these are the ones that I may mention it too.
Lizzie: