Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 1378234 times)

mansa

Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #32900 on: April 04, 2015, 12:11:40 AM »
I hate you Rhyden.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Rhyden

« Reply #32901 on: April 04, 2015, 06:24:04 PM »
mansa im typin this on my fone while walking thru rideau
Quote from: Malifaxis
One thing I'd like to see in arm is more people focusing on how to make the game intriguing, by filling
it with murder, betrayal, and corruption, instead of arguing about how combat isn't powerful enough.

MeTekillot

« Reply #32902 on: April 05, 2015, 04:47:58 AM »
At least Hot Topic and Urban Outfitters can't take "bush did 9/11" from me.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #32903 on: April 05, 2015, 08:10:57 AM »
501 years ago today the man whos name is called jesus christ died when he was showing off to his friends by saying he could eat loads of bits of glass that he had found in a plastic bag at the back of the shop and he was saying to his friends that glass is so easy for him to eat because it is exactly like eating paste for him and he kept on saying i bet you a pound i can eat this massive bit of glass and his friends was all saying for him to not do it but he just kept on going yeah yeah yeah nothing can harm me i am jesus christ dont you know and then he started laughing his head off and sticking his tongue in and out of his mouth really quickly so that it looked like it was a little pink mouse having a look out of a wet hole and loads of spit was going down his chin as well and everyone was saying that it was really disgusting to look at because it lasted for ages and then all of a sudden jesus pointed to his friend noah and he said you owe me a pound mate and then he picked up the massive bit of glass from off a rock and he swallowed it whole and he died almost instantly because it cut all of the inside of his throat but luckily for jesus his pet rabbit the easter creature was walking past where him and his friends was all hanging out and he ran over to jesus and he picked him up and he held him in his arms like a little baby and he took him back to his nest and then when it was at the night time he laid a chocolate egg and he fed it to jesus by chewing it up and spitting it into his mouth and it brought him back to life and that is why people from all around the world eat chocolate eggs at easter time to keep jesus memory alive but i think that easter time shouldnt just be about chocolate eggs and meat because the true meaning of easter time should be about being kind to animals and always remembering that you should never eat glass no matter how confident you feel about it because like jesus you will probably die because not even jesus christ has magical throat. love from your easter friend Chris (Simpsons artist) xox

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

TheWanderer

« Reply #32904 on: April 06, 2015, 07:32:51 AM »
"Dogs need to eat their shit because of the bacteria in it necessary for digesting food"

lol, wat
Whatever happens, happens.

Kol

« Reply #32905 on: April 06, 2015, 07:49:33 AM »
Mostly due to diet, to my knowledge it's an effect of domestication.

Why does all my time off become time spent doing things for other people?
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Patuk

« Reply #32906 on: April 06, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »
Because most people hate being mindlessly idle for very long.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #32907 on: April 08, 2015, 10:02:09 AM »
a friend an I made some shirts

buy some shirts
http://www.redbubble.com/people/spurgel/shop

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Iiyola

« Reply #32908 on: April 08, 2015, 02:01:41 PM »
So I had this guy who was looking for empty bottles come by last week, since we had a shit load of bottles in the backyard. He brought along 5 bags full of them. He was really grateful, I think he got laid off and needed some extra money. I bet he almost got about $100 out of it.

He also offered to scoop poop from my back yard (and I can appreciate that, people who are willing to even scoop poop for some extra money instead of doing illegal stuff), so I offered him that job too AND to rake my front yard. He earned $100 with that too.

Considering the backyard needed a good rake too and I wanted to help him out, I offered for him another rake job for the backyard. We agreed he'd come today at 10 am, and it'd be a surprise for my hubby. But he wasn't there at 10 am. Or 10:30. and at 11 I noticed he sent me a message on Facebook that he was running late, and that he'd be there in half an hour. I started to get a bit annoyed because I was making time for this guy, couldn't go out to do my groceries and such.

It was almost noon and he still didn't show up, so I sent him a message back that I'd have to cancel it since it was a surprise for my hubby, and hubby would be home at 1 pm.

5 minutes later he knocks on my door and I explained to him the situation. Well... he looked terribly disappointed and even a bit insulted. And he walked off.

Now my conscience is gnawing on me, while I know I've been more than generous with him. Can anyone tell me if I were really too harsh on him?
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Desertman

« Reply #32909 on: April 08, 2015, 02:25:48 PM »
Nah, you were reasonable. Did the guy need the job? Probably. But you were generous, caring, and supportive of this guy. Feel good about what you did. You don't have to be a saint to be a good person. You did a lot more than most people would have done. Don't you feel bad at all.
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.

FantasyWriter

• Tales of Then--Reflections of Now
« Reply #32910 on: April 08, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »
You were in no way too harsh.
Greb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #32911 on: April 08, 2015, 07:16:27 PM »
An obligation is an obligation. Saying and agreeing upon a set upon time and date, then showing up 2 hours late is, well, not really acceptable.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

James de Monet

« Reply #32912 on: April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM »
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman. So that happened.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Desertman

« Reply #32913 on: April 09, 2015, 10:28:43 AM »
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman. So that happened.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #32914 on: April 09, 2015, 02:34:52 PM »
I just looked at my facebook activity log and I'm disappointed with myself what is wrong with me

You like Edgy Egyptian Memes.

You like Outrageous Ottoman Memes.

You like Stern Saxon Memes.

You like Rad Russian Memes.

You like Proud Pythagorean Memes.

You like Belligerent British Empire Memes.

You like Astonishing Antiquity Memes.

You like Ancient Mask memes.

You like Greasy Greek memes.

You like Brobdingnagian Brueghel the Elder Memes.

You like Marauding Maenad Memes.

You like Edifying Etruscan Memes.

You like Spectacular Seleucid Memes.

You like Magnificent Minoan Memes.

You like Hag-ridden Hieronymus Bosch Memes.

You like Incautious Incan Memes.

You like Voluptuous Venetian Memes.

MeTekillot

« Reply #32915 on: April 09, 2015, 03:52:50 PM »
I'm still removing pages from my Facebook from 2010.

MeTekillot

« Reply #32916 on: April 09, 2015, 04:00:19 PM »
I didn't know wild boars could get as big as bears. That's fucked up.

Desertman

« Reply #32917 on: April 09, 2015, 04:04:22 PM »
I didn't know wild boars could get as big as bears. That's fucked up.

They get massive man. I haven't seen many wild bears, but I've seen a lot of wild boars....massive. I've seen them tear straight through welded quarter-inch steel rebar like it wasn't there on two occasions (same trap).

Gimfalisette

« Reply #32918 on: April 09, 2015, 06:30:49 PM »
I'm feeling really sad today because it's my last full day at my current job, before I move from the winery location back to the downtown office building. I brought in homemade carrot cake, which everyone loved. People are saying goodbye to me. I'm packing up my stuff. I'm happy because I will love my new job, and I'll be working with a great team, but I'm sad because I will miss my friends at the winery--some of them are people that I really love and enjoy, not just as coworkers but as people.

I'm not a particularly sentimental person, but this is really getting me in the feels today.
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Iiyola

« Reply #32919 on: April 10, 2015, 01:01:06 AM »
I'm feeling really sad today because it's my last full day at my current job, before I move from the winery location back to the downtown office building. I brought in homemade carrot cake, which everyone loved. People are saying goodbye to me. I'm packing up my stuff. I'm happy because I will love my new job, and I'll be working with a great team, but I'm sad because I will miss my friends at the winery--some of them are people that I really love and enjoy, not just as coworkers but as people.

I'm not a particularly sentimental person, but this is really getting me in the feels today.
I totally understand. I mean, you're spending the majority of the day and the week with these people, they've become a second family, literally, and you built a bond with them. It's not easy saying goodbye to people who are close like that on a daily basis.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #32920 on: April 10, 2015, 01:03:04 AM »
That was literally the most estrogen-induced reply you could have made.
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Aruven

« Reply #32921 on: April 10, 2015, 02:12:10 PM »
Lol

Jihelu

« Reply #32922 on: April 10, 2015, 02:14:51 PM »
Didn't he get arrested for like, not paying for food.

Aruven

« Reply #32923 on: April 10, 2015, 03:29:25 PM »
Didn't he get arrested for like, not paying for food.

I don't know, but avv a look at tha headlock ere

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #32924 on: April 10, 2015, 07:26:55 PM »
Every now and then I type >pwn door 

If we ever gain the ability to bash in doors, I want this to be the command.