Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 1447270 times)

RogueGunslinger

Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #36400 on: December 27, 2018, 01:43:05 AM »
Learning a new MUD is way too tedious.

Riev

« Reply #36401 on: December 27, 2018, 11:47:56 AM »
Learning a new MUD is way too tedious.

I won't do it. I've tried to make a transition, but I'd rather just go back to Neverwinter Nights or some dumpy MMO. Learning a new MUD's zones, areas, and little interesting things (like "go to this room and open a secret trapdoor that you cannot detect with any skill in the game, nor is it referenced at all so that you can grind your combat skills in peace") is just a nightmare.

Related: Neverwinter Nights is still fun. I get shivers whenever I hear "GET ON 'EM!"
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

KittenLicks

« Reply #36402 on: December 27, 2018, 05:29:52 PM »
At some point in the history of Arma, a bunch of rinthi elves have gotten together to make a gang, complete with cool gang names like "Snake" and "Rat", only for the entire gang to go extinct the next time someone wanted to murder some small animals.

I have no evidence to support this, but just thinking it's probably happened is giving me the giggles.
Quote from: Armageddon
You can't wear the spider.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36403 on: December 27, 2018, 07:27:37 PM »
People just kill elves, no need for there to be a small animal keyword reason. Elves dont have coded backup for their virtual massive population so they're basically turaals.
we are here to hack motherfuckers up with bone swords,

WarriorPoet

« Reply #36404 on: December 28, 2018, 02:10:26 PM »
I never get to play any more but the people should do a Filthy February where everyone makes an effort to put some work in on the East side. If 20 characters popped there maybe a core group would survive, thrive, and give some life to one of the best areas and experiences in the game.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

boog

« Reply #36405 on: December 30, 2018, 12:44:35 AM »
Jones could stay at home and live on bread and water for months and still find a way to fuck it up. I love watching him fight. I think he is the GOAT no matter how I feel about his personal antics. His career is already almost unrecoverably tainted and that makes me sad. Damn, son.

The expression "Born to Hang" comes to mind.

it wouldn't be bread and water he'd live on, ijs
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36406 on: December 31, 2018, 04:56:10 PM »
"I'm aware of the risks" he said, totally oblivious to them.

mansa

« Reply #36407 on: December 31, 2018, 05:36:49 PM »
I wonder if deactivating my facebook will result in a more positive 2019.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

KittenLicks

« Reply #36408 on: December 31, 2018, 08:42:22 PM »
If you think about it, the Way is just a connection between one link and another, allowing the passing of information at the speed of thought. If you're clever about how you make these connections, you can create logic gates. For example: Tell a dwarf that if he receives 'yes', he should send 'no' to the next dwarf. That's a NOT gate. Tell two dwarves to way one dwarf, and tell that dwarf if both ways are 'yes', to way 'yes'. That's an AND gate. Logic gates are the building blocks of computers, the thing that allows them to do complex logic.

When this is discovered, it'll be a computing revolution, allowing the invention of waycalculators, letting merchants calculate at high speeds with precision. But it won't stop there. Once these intricate networks of waying dwarves become popular, every noble will have one. Having lots of spare time on their hands, nobles will find other uses for the dwarfputers, and so the invention of dwarfputer games will begin. First simple games, like rock, paper, scissors, and later more complex games, more akin to interactive stories.

Finally, the dwarfputer revolution will reach its logical conclusion.

Code: [Select]
The short, chubby dwarf sends you a telepathic message:
      "Welcome to Armageddon!"
Quote from: Armageddon
You can't wear the spider.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #36409 on: January 01, 2019, 01:17:59 AM »
then the father hen will call his chickens home

Cind

« Reply #36410 on: January 06, 2019, 06:40:34 AM »
"I want to understand physics." When I said this in high school, things went badly.

Right now though I bet I could at least understand why some things stay hot and others cool down faster.

That seemed like the most unreachable thing in the world in middle and high school. Like crosswords, sort of.

I think I already know that one. Metal can't hold a lot of heat, and begins giving it off quickly. Water can hold more heat before being forced to give off some of it. I remember the teacher telling me that. You know, that one teacher with a personality.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36411 on: January 06, 2019, 08:10:55 AM »
Have you considered google and Wikipedia? Might not get you to the level of understanding but it's at least good for knowing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_conduction
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 08:13:01 AM by RogueGunslinger »

Cind

« Reply #36412 on: January 06, 2019, 05:02:35 PM »
That's... brilliant.

Cind

« Reply #36413 on: January 09, 2019, 04:21:46 AM »
The whole thing doesn’t make much sense on the surface, since breaking into a dealership and getting arrested is a lot of trouble to go to when there’s no gain in it other than a few minutes of fun. But people have different views on life—some find value in money or fame, while others just want to crash nearly $1 million of cars into each other in a parking lot.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/four-kids-break-into-houston-carmax-crash-dollar800000-worth-of-vehicles-in-the-lot-police/ar-BBRZwgO?ocid=spartanntp

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #36414 on: January 12, 2019, 04:24:32 AM »
CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing is likely less than a decade or two away from producing the sort of science fiction genetic modification stuff no government on Earth is prepared for and how the world handles it will probably determine the survival of the human race.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36415 on: January 12, 2019, 09:53:00 AM »
Yeah but what about cyberarms?

TheWanderer

« Reply #36416 on: January 12, 2019, 04:56:58 PM »
can people learn how to cough/sneeze into their shoulders? you're in public, you fucking apes
Whatever happens, happens.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36417 on: January 13, 2019, 10:24:36 AM »
I wonder if the body manifests itches on the face when someone is uncomfortable and that's why nervous people scratch and rub their face and head so much.

The repetitive movement and sensation of scratching or rubbing is probably soothing in the same way that stimming is soothing for autistic people.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 10:26:12 AM by MeTekillot »

MeTekillot

« Reply #36418 on: January 19, 2019, 01:37:25 AM »

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #36419 on: February 02, 2019, 06:00:06 PM »
Me: <whinges to my wife about Armageddon stuff>
My wife, who does not play Armageddon: "You know, they are volunteers."
then the father hen will call his chickens home

MeTekillot

« Reply #36420 on: February 03, 2019, 05:34:38 AM »
Glut of reports of violent incidents in the news. Little bit cold for a spike in violent crime, isn't it?

« Reply #36421 on: February 08, 2019, 07:51:17 AM »
I just had a dream in text.

And in that dream there was a guy hunting some ancient evil.

And everytime you said something to him that set him off, it'd make his text turn red and there'd be an alarm noise (presumably from my dream client)

And I woke up screaming.

Guys. I think I'm a nerd :/
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #36422 on: February 08, 2019, 11:15:13 PM »
I just had a dream in text.

And in that dream there was a guy hunting some ancient evil.

And everytime you said something to him that set him off, it'd make his text turn red and there'd be an alarm noise (presumably from my dream client)

And I woke up screaming.

Guys. I think I'm a nerd :/
Ah. Dreaming in text. That's when you know the addiction has truly taken hold.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

lordcooper

« Reply #36423 on: February 27, 2019, 02:39:08 AM »
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #36424 on: March 10, 2019, 08:50:05 PM »