Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 1322354 times)

Synthesis

Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #36300 on: August 06, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/survival-of-the-richest-the-wealthy-are-plotting-to-leave-us-behind.html

Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked, “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?”

I suggested that their best bet would be to treat those people really well, right now. They should be engaging with their security staffs as if they were members of their own family. And the more they can expand this ethos of inclusivity to the rest of their business practices, supply chain management, sustainability efforts, and wealth distribution, the less chance there will be of an “event” in the first place. All this technological wizardry could be applied toward less romantic but entirely more collective interests right now.

They were amused by my optimism, but they didn’t really buy it.

LOL
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #36301 on: August 06, 2018, 10:04:13 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/survival-of-the-richest-the-wealthy-are-plotting-to-leave-us-behind.html

Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked, “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?”

I suggested that their best bet would be to treat those people really well, right now. They should be engaging with their security staffs as if they were members of their own family. And the more they can expand this ethos of inclusivity to the rest of their business practices, supply chain management, sustainability efforts, and wealth distribution, the less chance there will be of an “event” in the first place. All this technological wizardry could be applied toward less romantic but entirely more collective interests right now.

They were amused by my optimism, but they didn’t really buy it.

LOL

There's a reason Peter Thiel bought himself New Zealand citizenship. Rich people have been planning to bug out once the system collapses for awhile. New Zealand itself is a popular destination.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/30/doomsday-prep-for-the-super-rich?utm_source=nl-politics-daily-012317

Personally if I were a New Zealander I would club and eat them as soon as they step off the plane.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36302 on: August 06, 2018, 10:28:57 PM »
That's praxis, babe.

Malken

« Reply #36303 on: August 07, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »
Welp, Blizzard finally destroyed the Undercity.

It's official, World of Warcraft has more permanent changes than Armageddon.  ;D
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

lostinspace

« Reply #36304 on: August 07, 2018, 06:05:54 PM »
Playerbase was too spread out between Org and Undercity, had to close one to consolidate players :p
3/21/16 Never Forget

BadSkeelz

« Reply #36305 on: August 07, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
Welp, Blizzard finally destroyed the Undercity.

It's official, World of Warcraft has more permanent changes than Armageddon.  ;D

I didn't like the look of Brill now anyway.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36306 on: August 08, 2018, 06:48:27 PM »
My job that doesn't give me the 2 15-minute breaks that I'm entitled to by law wrote me up for using the bathroom on the clock. Do I contact a lawyer before or after I report them to the Kentucky labor board?

MeTekillot

« Reply #36307 on: August 08, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
I'll think I'll do before to make sure I have all the details in the grievance detailed right.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36308 on: August 09, 2018, 07:19:52 AM »

MeTekillot

« Reply #36309 on: August 10, 2018, 01:18:14 AM »
Change You will take no mercy! to You will show no mercy! It sounds more metal...

It does say "You will show no mercy!" though!

roughneck

« Reply #36310 on: August 12, 2018, 12:00:38 AM »
When I kayak sometimes I think:

"Am I kayaking? Or... am I fighting the water with a gythka staff?"

mansa

« Reply #36311 on: August 12, 2018, 12:56:01 AM »
When I kayak sometimes I think:

"Am I kayaking? Or... am I fighting the water with a gythka staff?"

nerd
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

MeTekillot

« Reply #36312 on: August 12, 2018, 11:05:49 AM »
Make c-elves 1 karma requirement. Make them suffer a depression moodlet that lowers their mv by half if they get fired from their tribe. Half-elves should suffer thids moodlet based on a roll at each login.