Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 1349440 times)

Synthesis

Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #36300 on: August 06, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/survival-of-the-richest-the-wealthy-are-plotting-to-leave-us-behind.html

Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked, “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?”

I suggested that their best bet would be to treat those people really well, right now. They should be engaging with their security staffs as if they were members of their own family. And the more they can expand this ethos of inclusivity to the rest of their business practices, supply chain management, sustainability efforts, and wealth distribution, the less chance there will be of an “event” in the first place. All this technological wizardry could be applied toward less romantic but entirely more collective interests right now.

They were amused by my optimism, but they didn’t really buy it.

LOL
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #36301 on: August 06, 2018, 10:04:13 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/survival-of-the-richest-the-wealthy-are-plotting-to-leave-us-behind.html

Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked, “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?”

I suggested that their best bet would be to treat those people really well, right now. They should be engaging with their security staffs as if they were members of their own family. And the more they can expand this ethos of inclusivity to the rest of their business practices, supply chain management, sustainability efforts, and wealth distribution, the less chance there will be of an “event” in the first place. All this technological wizardry could be applied toward less romantic but entirely more collective interests right now.

They were amused by my optimism, but they didn’t really buy it.

LOL

There's a reason Peter Thiel bought himself New Zealand citizenship. Rich people have been planning to bug out once the system collapses for awhile. New Zealand itself is a popular destination.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/30/doomsday-prep-for-the-super-rich?utm_source=nl-politics-daily-012317

Personally if I were a New Zealander I would club and eat them as soon as they step off the plane.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36302 on: August 06, 2018, 10:28:57 PM »
That's praxis, babe.

Malken

« Reply #36303 on: August 07, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »
Welp, Blizzard finally destroyed the Undercity.

It's official, World of Warcraft has more permanent changes than Armageddon.  ;D
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

lostinspace

« Reply #36304 on: August 07, 2018, 06:05:54 PM »
Playerbase was too spread out between Org and Undercity, had to close one to consolidate players :p
3/21/16 Never Forget

BadSkeelz

« Reply #36305 on: August 07, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
Welp, Blizzard finally destroyed the Undercity.

It's official, World of Warcraft has more permanent changes than Armageddon.  ;D

I didn't like the look of Brill now anyway.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36306 on: August 08, 2018, 06:48:27 PM »
My job that doesn't give me the 2 15-minute breaks that I'm entitled to by law wrote me up for using the bathroom on the clock. Do I contact a lawyer before or after I report them to the Kentucky labor board?

MeTekillot

« Reply #36307 on: August 08, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
I'll think I'll do before to make sure I have all the details in the grievance detailed right.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36308 on: August 09, 2018, 07:19:52 AM »

MeTekillot

« Reply #36309 on: August 10, 2018, 01:18:14 AM »
Change You will take no mercy! to You will show no mercy! It sounds more metal...

It does say "You will show no mercy!" though!

roughneck

« Reply #36310 on: August 12, 2018, 12:00:38 AM »
When I kayak sometimes I think:

"Am I kayaking? Or... am I fighting the water with a gythka staff?"

mansa

« Reply #36311 on: August 12, 2018, 12:56:01 AM »
When I kayak sometimes I think:

"Am I kayaking? Or... am I fighting the water with a gythka staff?"

nerd
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

MeTekillot

« Reply #36312 on: August 12, 2018, 11:05:49 AM »
Make c-elves 1 karma requirement. Make them suffer a depression moodlet that lowers their mv by half if they get fired from their tribe. Half-elves should suffer thids moodlet based on a roll at each login.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36313 on: August 21, 2018, 04:26:37 PM »
I see a lot of posts saying aggression isn't a thing that's bred into dogs but like, that's definitely wrong, right? Like, aggression is certainly something heavily influenced by a dog's breeding. Obviously how the dog is socialized matters but aggression is very most certainly definitely quite truthfully factually something influenced by the breed, right?

WarriorPoet

« Reply #36314 on: August 21, 2018, 09:34:14 PM »
I think that is 100% right. Some dogs are bred for long weenie bodies. Some are bred for hair. Some are bred for bear-hunting or pit fighting. Some breeds are aggressive af.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Cind

« Reply #36315 on: September 06, 2018, 04:53:57 AM »
This is an email that 'None' sent me with the title 'None.' I thought it was just something different.
---------------------------
While this summit in Helsinki, Finland, may not go down in history alongside the moment Franklin D. Roosevelt gave away Eastern Europe to Joseph Stalin at Yalta, it has to rank as the lowest ever in modern times. It's the worst for all sorts of reasons: zero preparation, zero deliverables, zero understanding of the stakes and the horror it's wreaked on the entire Western alliance, not to mention America's intelligence community, who Donald Trump has now thrown definitively under the bus.
My first East-West summit was in Vienna, Austria, in June 1979 when I watched as Jimmy Carter and Leonid Brezhnev signed the SALT II (Strategic Arms Limitation Talks) agreement -- the second major strategic arms limitation pact between the two superpowers of the United States and the Soviet Union. Their appearance together was very much a carefully choreographed summit of equals. The summit's deliverable was quite clear: an agreement to stabilize the number of nuclear weapons in each nation's ballooning arsenal.
That SALT II never formally went into effect was more a byproduct of the Soviet Union's sudden and ill-advised invasion of Afghanistan later that same year than any real flaw in the complex negotiations that preceded the summit itself. Yet because of the deep understanding of the stakes by both sides, both countries still respected the treaty until a new agreement could come along to replace it.
---------------------------
I'm not really sure what this particular spammer was trying to do.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Iiyola

« Reply #36316 on: September 07, 2018, 01:07:32 AM »
What if they would connect a VR machine with a drone as you’re hanging horizontally in some ropes... making you able to fly real time, along with the sensation?

I’d be so down for it.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

MeTekillot

« Reply #36317 on: September 07, 2018, 06:22:06 AM »
I don't know what I want to do this weekend. On one hand, I could go dancing, but my joints are bothering me, and my grinding on Arm is falling behind all these people I want to murder. I'd need the hard numbers on wisdom skill gain %. Is it more important to keep at tackling my social anxiety or could I stay in for a weekend?

Marauder Moe

« Reply #36318 on: September 08, 2018, 11:50:24 AM »
 >:( >:( >:(

I finally found the root cause of the longest-standing and most destructive bug in my project.  This bug ruined at least 3 demos and has costed me personally many many hours of recovery and safeguards.  Repository logs showed me that my former protege is to blame.  I thought I had taught him better.  This error was one of pure laziness.

James de Monet

« Reply #36319 on: September 08, 2018, 10:10:31 PM »
Must feel good to fix it, though!  Scratch that itch.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36320 on: September 17, 2018, 02:42:10 AM »
Sometimes being reminded of something is far more important than learning it the first time.

Bebop

« Reply #36321 on: September 17, 2018, 09:57:14 PM »
What if they would connect a VR machine with a drone as you’re hanging horizontally in some ropes... making you able to fly real time, along with the sensation?

I’d be so down for it.

That's pretty possible.  DJI I actually have drones that you even control via VR headset.  You could go lay on a swing or something hehe.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36322 on: September 18, 2018, 01:35:38 AM »
VR headset drone sounds like a puke machine to me :P

Marauder Moe

« Reply #36323 on: September 21, 2018, 03:27:16 PM »
Ever do something so out of character for yourself that you feel like maybe you only dreamed you did it?

ShaLeah

« Reply #36324 on: September 21, 2018, 10:06:17 PM »
Ever do something so out of character for yourself that you feel like maybe you only dreamed you did it?

A question every person whose ever gone through a "mid-life" crisis asks themselves so I vote yes.

+1
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
Quote from: Anonymous
I'm sorry to see that your personal resolution to this went in that direction, but wish you the best.