Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 1275765 times)

Grapes

Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #36175 on: March 29, 2018, 03:40:25 AM »
I got to tear up the backroads of California in a rebuilt CJ-6 with just, a v-8 engine in it, and that's all.

ETA: it didn't have body paint, specifically, the whole thing was hosed with truck bed liner on the outside. We named it Jehova, it was LOUD.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:42:45 AM by Grapes »
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Morrolan

« Reply #36176 on: March 29, 2018, 02:10:40 PM »
I tried to post a pic on the Arm Players Photo thread. Could someone wiser in the ways of SMF let me know:

a) can you clickthrough?
b) why did the Google Photos "Get a link" option and come up blank?

Thanks,
Morrolan
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 02:14:14 PM by Morrolan »
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

lordcooper

« Reply #36177 on: March 30, 2018, 01:12:33 AM »
Yes.

A lot of image hosts are set up to try and maximise clickthroughs rather than embedding.  If you want to directly link that image click so it maximises, then right click and 'open image in new tab'.  That tab will have the URL you need to wrap in IMG tags.

Like so.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Doublepalli

« Reply #36178 on: March 30, 2018, 10:36:37 AM »
Random thought. I'm 22 years old and lets just say my month has been fairly stressful.

(instrumental)

As many people have urged, I should just start writing about anything and everything, so I did today. Please do not murder me with your opinions, but do be honest as a brand new writer/rapper. (Brand new, not about this mumble rap crap) This was a real life event, so I was just expressing.

I still remember....I still remember.
Back in the day, blast to the past before I was smoking on some glass, before the puff puff pass
When my mind was clear, my vision still sincere
Oh I remember those days, when I was across the world living life crazy across seaasss
Specifically one thing that made me crazy - and that was *you*, you see,
yeah you even though you cant see this, it's you. I know if you saw this right now, you'd know it too.

I remember spending time everyday with you, I remember the only thing on my mind that could stay steady...was *you*.

Fast forward now and I'm looking back, I think about all the good times, short times....yeah a whole month of bliss

When I walked out that store, walked out the door on that old cobblestone street, not to sound cocky but surrounded by girls on this youth group trip
imploring me with all these questions...then you and chills commence
oh the suspense, I didn't know what to do, instincts progressed

Lost in a different world than reality, I didn't know how or why
but when I saw you I lost the concept of time...
seriously love atfirst sight was a myth until I saw you and took a bite.
Well how could I help myself I was smitten with love, and I had never had a girl...going into junior year and I was still innocent as -fuck!-
Almost made me want to duck, so beautiful I almost wanted to run
but that wasn't it, you met me mentally, physically, spiritually and that's why I'm writing about you lyrically..
But you, you changed everything when I saw you, I heard my soul calling and I had to have you, I have to have you be mine.
Flowers and chocolocates, wine and a good time, a kiss that blew my mind I still think about you to this day, and how you're doing oh so great...

And then I'm here. And you got a man who's being a man, stacking bands and provide everything you could ever want, need or understand.
Treat you right. Hold you right. Love you right. Care for you right.

Damn. I guess that's how life goes, cuz its crazy - when a man loves, he gone love you until end of eternity girl, that's why I still think about you, feel like a damn fool, but at least I aint no tool in 2018.

But now I know you're a queen, and you got a king? And me? I'm just obscene if I were to think I deserved you now, just a dude on the scene watching sidelines remembering....I still remember.

ShaLeah

« Reply #36179 on: March 30, 2018, 11:49:01 AM »
Random thought. I'm 22 years old and lets just say my month has been fairly stressful.

(instrumental)

As many people have urged, I should just start writing about anything and everything, so I did today. Please do not murder me with your opinions, but do be honest as a brand new writer/rapper. (Brand new, not about this mumble rap crap) This was a real life event, so I was just expressing.

Back in the day, blast to the past before I was smoking on some glass, before the puff puff pass
Oh I remember those days, when I was across the world living life crazy across seaasss
yeah you even though you cant see this, it's you. I know if you saw this right now, you'd know it too.

I remember spending time everyday with you, I remember the only thing on my mind that could stay steady...was *you*.

Fast forward now and I'm looking back, I think about all the good times, short times....yeah a whole month of bliss

When I walked out that store, walked out the door on that old cobblestone street, not to sound cocky but surrounded by girls on this youth group trip

Well how could I help myself I was smitten with love, and I had never had a girl...going into junior year and I was still innocent as -fuck!-
but that wasn't it, you met me mentally, physically, spiritually and that's why I'm writing about you lyrically..
But you, you changed everything when I saw you, I heard my soul calling and I had to have you, I have to have you be mine.
Flowers and chocolocates, wine and a good time, a kiss that blew my mind I still think about you to this day, and how you're doing oh so great...

And then I'm here. And you got a man who's being a man, stacking bands and provide everything you could ever want, need or understand.

Damn. I guess that's how life goes, cuz its crazy - when a man loves, he gone love you until end of eternity girl, that's why I still think about you, feel like a damn fool, but at least I aint no tool in 2018.

But now I know you're a queen, and you got a king? And me? I'm just obscene if I were to think I deserved you now, just a dude on the scene watching sidelines remembering....I still remember.

I love this. I love this so bad.

I would love to hear you do it. I'd pass that shit around like free crack rocks.
Quote from: Oryx
Shal is on point.
Quote from: Cenghiz
And ShaLeah's evil, by the way.
Quote from: Anonymous
this doesn't sound very fun, shal
Quote from: Anonymous
You didn't store did you
Because.. I lurve you.

Doublepalli

« Reply #36180 on: March 30, 2018, 12:13:55 PM »
Thank you. I haven't felt as alive as I did writing with emotion there. I just need to practice now, I have the heart down.

James de Monet

« Reply #36181 on: March 30, 2018, 12:39:11 PM »
Ditto.  I think it deserves it’s own thread, especially if you mean to make a practice of it.  Maybe paste it into a new one called “In this thread we FLOW”.  8)

On the subject matter, there are two bits of relationship advice I wish I knew when I was 22.  Or better yet, in high school:
  • Don’t wait for something to happen (it usually won’t), and don’t ‘tell her how you feel’ (it’s asking her to say yes to too much at once), just ask her out.
  • Since you obviously handled #1 already, here’s the second one: Don’t keep throwing a party in your heart for someone who’s not gonna show up.  A month, two if you need it, three if she’s really worth it, but after that...you gotta keep moving forward.  The people who let us down that hard once are usually more likely to do it again anyway.

Glad to see you working through it, man!
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Doublepalli

« Reply #36182 on: March 30, 2018, 12:44:43 PM »
Oh no, I been over her a loooong time, still comes to mind though. I figured I'd start early on, work my way up with the experiences to the real, gritty....shitty stuff.

James de Monet

« Reply #36183 on: March 30, 2018, 01:06:56 PM »
Oh, good.  Nothing to see here, then.  Carry on!
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #36184 on: March 30, 2018, 01:20:42 PM »

(instrumental)

Hell yeah!  I love to make hiphop, I have a few songs up on my yt
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36185 on: April 08, 2018, 05:31:34 AM »
Is there a word for one's ability to teach? Like, if someone was not a good teacher, you would say they lacked _____.

Like if someone is a good teacher they have a lot of ________. Or a strong ______.

I feel like there should be a word for one's ability to impart knowledge on others.  Like, if Impartial wasn't already a word that meant something else.

Wisdom is close. Really close, but not right. You can have lots of Wisdom but be an awful teacher. Maybe a word half way between Wisdom and Communication.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 05:35:01 AM by RogueGunslinger »

MeTekillot

« Reply #36186 on: April 08, 2018, 05:33:42 AM »
Pedagogy/Pedagogics.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 05:35:41 AM by MeTekillot »
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36187 on: April 08, 2018, 05:45:49 AM »
Hmmm. That's more the word you'd use to for "the methods of teaching". Unless you can be pedagocious it's not quite what I'm looking for.

Someone who learns quickly is astute, clever, talented. What do you call someone who teaches quickly. There has to be a word, right?

cshoov

« Reply #36188 on: April 08, 2018, 01:39:46 PM »
I'd maybe say they're a master of pedagogy. Idk, it's clunky but it works

sleepyhead

« Reply #36189 on: April 08, 2018, 05:22:02 PM »
Instructive?

manipura

« Reply #36190 on: April 08, 2018, 07:01:14 PM »
Perspicuous?

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36191 on: April 08, 2018, 09:26:19 PM »
Oooh, I think perspicuous might have hit the nail on the head.

Instructive was also close.

manipura

« Reply #36192 on: April 08, 2018, 10:34:49 PM »
Oooh, I think perspicuous might have hit the nail on the head.

Instructive was also close.

Both lucid and cogent might also be what you're looking for.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #36193 on: April 14, 2018, 06:01:11 PM »
On the one hand, that was the fastest I ever got my taxes done. On the other hand, this is the most I've ever owed all at once.  :-\

lordcooper

« Reply #36194 on: April 16, 2018, 08:27:07 AM »
Teachiness.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

MeTekillot

« Reply #36195 on: April 16, 2018, 11:36:38 AM »
Daddiness

MeTekillot

« Reply #36196 on: April 21, 2018, 04:09:29 PM »
Possible coup going on in Saudi Arabia. Interesting.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36197 on: April 23, 2018, 02:17:07 PM »
People are being extra fucking stupid today. I'd put this in the complaints thread but I'm more baffled than upset.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #36198 on: April 25, 2018, 07:24:30 PM »
Everyone was bitching about this live action Death Note. I don't know what the problem is. Very watchable.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Strongheart

« Reply #36199 on: April 25, 2018, 08:49:40 PM »
I also enjoyed it! Seems like an unpopular opinion. Maybe it was a little cheesy but that is to be expected given the premise.
Die gedanken sind frei.