Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 1335699 times)

MeTekillot

Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #36150 on: March 03, 2018, 03:56:43 AM »
I always wonder if it's someone worrying about my mental health every time I get a PM, I should really not be so maudlin on the internet.

The new and returned MeT seems to be on a pretty even keel but the old MeT clearly had some issues. You'll just have some legacy rep to clean up (or outlive). That's all.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36151 on: March 06, 2018, 04:07:56 PM »
I'm coining the term "realhighzation".

Having an epiphany while high that would otherwise just be a normal daily thought when sober.

Kialae

• Publicity Coordinator
« Reply #36152 on: March 06, 2018, 05:04:02 PM »
I'm coining the term "realhighzation".

Having an epiphany while high that would otherwise just be a normal daily thought when sober.

Ahahaha I love it. Make a blog or something with that as the title and share some!

Pale Horse

« Reply #36153 on: March 06, 2018, 08:25:34 PM »
How the Hell do people live in California!?

1700 a month for a single room apartment!?  No amount of beachside/beach-near property is worth 1700 a month unless it's friggin' posh, and the places I've seen sure as hell ain't that!
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

mansa

« Reply #36154 on: March 06, 2018, 08:34:47 PM »

1700 a month for a single room apartment!?  No amount of beachside/beach-near property is worth 1700 a month unless it's friggin' posh, and the places I've seen sure as hell ain't that!

Sounds cheaper than Vancouver.
And on par with Toronto
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Riev

« Reply #36155 on: March 07, 2018, 09:28:21 AM »
Try having a partner to share the rent with, but you both owe 1200+ a month in student loans at the same time. 850/month for a run down place with 1/4inch flat carpeting, broken windows, and warped walls.

Imagine where we could live for 2,000 a month. Education is for suckers.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36156 on: March 19, 2018, 04:23:21 PM »
Had my first Filet Mignon. Very unimpressed. Like, I got that meat on sale and it still wasn't worth it.

I'll stick to Ribeye's, Strips and Sirlion from now on. Even a cheap roast comes out better.

Melkor

« Reply #36157 on: March 19, 2018, 09:43:16 PM »
Ribeyes are pro. Honestly, I feel that all cuts are delicious, when treated and prepared right.

How much did the Filet go for on sale? I love cuts of tenderloin. Beef, pork, venison. Ugh. Good stuff.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36158 on: March 19, 2018, 11:37:15 PM »
I can't remember exactly but I want to say it was down to 10 bucks a pound from 20.

Melkor

« Reply #36159 on: March 20, 2018, 03:14:55 AM »
Thats a great deal, man. Beef is expensive as shit these days.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #36160 on: March 20, 2018, 03:42:05 AM »

Primary reason why I left CA. Nice place to visit - But, unless you were hired out-of-state and you're coming to work for somewhere that'll give you the salary necessary to live, the cost of living is too high compared to what you'd be making. And if you somehow manage to find a decently priced living arrangement, you'll likely live 30-45 minutes away, on a good day, from where you actually work.

Yeah, fuck all that noise.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36161 on: March 20, 2018, 05:06:10 AM »
Con-spiracy.com

An online satire website that makes up realistic sounding and humorous conspiracy theories. Sort of like an Onion.com for crackpots. The idea is to shine a light on typical fear-mongering, statistic manipulating and click baiting that you find in conspiracy videos and websites, and promote skepticism and fact-checking.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36162 on: March 20, 2018, 09:35:04 PM »
Have you ever felt like all of humanity is learning everything with you at the same time. I can't help but feel like everything wise that we knew was already passed on or discarded, and everything new that we've learned is something just discovered.

Like technology and communication is at such an all time high that we've rocketed to the front of a wave of intellectual, emotional, and philosophical understanding and made each-other equals.

Then I realize there's still over a billion people on the planet that are illiterate.

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #36163 on: March 22, 2018, 12:55:23 PM »
Is this a Russian conspiracy?

Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

WarriorPoet

« Reply #36164 on: March 23, 2018, 12:20:33 PM »
There is a Purdue alum in the playerbase. I want to know who it is so that tonight when my Red Raiders bust that ass I can gloat.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

MeTekillot

« Reply #36165 on: March 25, 2018, 12:26:58 AM »
I've watched so many action movies that I can almost always predict when a gunfight is about to start based on camera angles.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36166 on: March 25, 2018, 12:37:02 AM »
I feel the same way, but instead of action movies it's everything with a story. Books, movies, games...

There's certain story beats and you recognize when they're coming and you can generally pick from one of two outcomes what is about to happen. This is why great writers throw in proper red herrings and buck certain tropes in a manner that isn't simply being contrary.

I consume a lot of entertainment media.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 12:39:38 AM by RogueGunslinger »

Morrolan

« Reply #36167 on: March 25, 2018, 04:58:17 AM »
Camera angles FTW. My wife will be watching TV in the other room and I'll walk in and just say, oh, he's dead. Ten seconds later, bam.

"How did you know?" "Camera angles and cut timing."

I've watched so many action movies that I can almost always predict when a gunfight is about to start based on camera angles.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Hauwke

« Reply #36168 on: March 26, 2018, 03:07:34 AM »
If a cherry ripe can make you register as having a blood alcohol level on a breath test, can kissing someone who is super wasted have the same effect?

Tenacious

« Reply #36169 on: March 26, 2018, 04:03:50 AM »
If a cherry ripe can make you register as having a blood alcohol level on a breath test, can kissing someone who is super wasted have the same effect?

I'm not sure about kissing, but I've had friends who haven't had anything to drink, and they've registered as having alcohol in their system just by sitting in the same car as two other people who are drunk and stunk the whole vehicle out. It's safe to say he was pretty damn annoyed at them.

Hauwke

« Reply #36170 on: March 26, 2018, 08:19:30 AM »
Yeah, exactly. It worries me slightly because both me and my partner are on our probationary licsense, which means we cant have any alcohol in our system to drive. We take turns in having a drink with dinner and such like that, but what if we share a quick peck and tbe non drinking one gets tested and it comes back positive for a tiny amount?

Is that a stupid thing to worry about?

mansa

« Reply #36171 on: March 26, 2018, 12:35:21 PM »
Is that a stupid thing to worry about?

No.  Not having a car in North America is basically saying you cannot work.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Melkor

« Reply #36172 on: March 26, 2018, 01:15:21 PM »
the breathalyzer takes alcohol exhaled from co2 exiting your lungs. I dont think a peck on the lips would have any effect, tbh.

cshoov

« Reply #36173 on: March 26, 2018, 05:01:31 PM »
I was curious, so I read up on the Wikipedia page for breathalyzers.  Kissing somebody who has been drinking immediately before taking a breathalyzer might cause it to detect alcohol.  However, police officers are supposed to observe a suspect for 15 minutes before administering the test to prevent that.  Also, depending on what state you live in, handheld breathalyzers might not be admissible in court.  So if it does detect alcohol, reaffirm that you've had nothing to drink and tell the offer you're more than willing to go to the station and take a blood test to clear it up. 

Oh, and I'm not a lawyer.  So don't sue me.  Good luck!

Pale Horse

« Reply #36174 on: March 28, 2018, 07:39:55 PM »
So...California.

Still getting used to it.  Pretty country.  Like some of my childhood memories.  Visited one of those places a bit ago; brought a big smile to my face and a flashback hit so big that I almost ran my car off the road.

Still not getting used to the roads.  I'm not talking the drivers, I'm talking the rat-warren road layouts and every thing is named.  I've been spoiled by living on a grid-system for two decades.

I may have to sell a kidney before too much longer, though, to survive out here for another month.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.