Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 1068286 times)

HavokBlue

• Helper
Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #36100 on: November 29, 2017, 07:00:37 PM »
I hate when I encounter a character in a work of fiction that I so badly want to play in Armageddon because when I let it inspire a PC, I feel like a derivative lazy butthead.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #36101 on: November 29, 2017, 07:08:47 PM »
I never feel bad. And while they may be originally inspired by a character or three, they develop into something uniquely their own. All of my longest-lived and fun PCs started out with something like "man, I like this character, and I like this other character's look, and I'm gonna mash that shit up and play it."
do you remember
when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?

KankWhisperer

« Reply #36102 on: November 30, 2017, 01:57:00 AM »
It feels weird to see a bunch of echos and descriptions that you never knew existed and admire how well done they are, then realize that soon no one new may ever see them.

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #36103 on: November 30, 2017, 02:56:16 PM »
So the main area I'm lacking for this job I want to apply for is in recruiting candidates and interviewing for new positions.

... unless you count my 10+ years of Arm leadership roles.

... maybe I should put that in my cover letter.

Riev

« Reply #36104 on: November 30, 2017, 03:27:00 PM »
So the main area I'm lacking for this job I want to apply for is in recruiting candidates and interviewing for new positions.

Just prove you know how to not ask for sensitive information, and/or know the law about what you can and can't ask (which I'm sure you've got a good handle on).

My RAT: I've been sick for the past couple days, but because it involves chest pain my mind immediately goes to "you're having a heartattack" despite the doctor telling me numerous times that there is no signs of that in any way.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

mansa

« Reply #36105 on: November 30, 2017, 04:09:49 PM »
I've talked about 'gaming' in my last two job interviews.  Both were what type of games I enjoy and why.

I said - 'i enjoy competitive co-op objective-based games with groups of 5 or more'

(Counterstrike and world of Warcraft)

I said I dislike single player games, casual phone games, or games with no objective besides 'be the best and kill everyone'

It seemed to work.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Is Friday

« Reply #36106 on: November 30, 2017, 09:09:50 PM »

I'll recruit for you.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #36107 on: December 01, 2017, 10:46:45 AM »
I've talked about 'gaming' in my last two job interviews.  Both were what type of games I enjoy and why. ...

It seemed to work.

It's a shame that the legal profession as a whole is so stuffy. I think it totally could work in a different type of job.

I'll recruit for you.

Okay, new idea for my cover letter: I have a friend who's a recruiter, he'll totally fly out to Michigan to recruit for me GUYS I SWEAR.

Is Friday

« Reply #36108 on: December 01, 2017, 01:58:37 PM »
I can talk to you about it once we get going again on our writing group homie. I just gotta buy a mic.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

lordcooper

« Reply #36109 on: December 01, 2017, 03:59:24 PM »
So is this Flynn thing actually a big deal, or is reddit just getting overexcited again?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #36110 on: December 01, 2017, 04:13:22 PM »
A bit of both.  The Special Counsel team has been very disciplined and tight-lipped.  Pretty much everything you hear is either hearsay or speculation.

It is a fact that Flynn has plead guilty because court records are public.  It is highly likely (like 99%), given the relatively small charge and other recent actions by his legal team, that he's cooperating with the investigation.

However, the content of his confession/testimony (whether Trump personally ordered Russian contacts or it was someone else) is not officially known.

Trump will still be president on Christmas.

deskoft

« Reply #36111 on: December 01, 2017, 07:19:08 PM »
Too many of my characters can be described with Hamilton songs???

Harmless

« Reply #36112 on: December 03, 2017, 10:41:09 PM »
NSFW: The ET show "Extreme Cheapskate" gives plenty of examples of how to roleplay your "barter" skill: https://goo.gl/32L9H7 NSFW but on youtube.

I thought it was funny because you know every time you bought a "furred, black leather thong" in Tuluk it was sold to that merchant by another PC before you
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:31:22 AM by Harmless »
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Melkor

« Reply #36113 on: December 04, 2017, 10:34:01 AM »
"2 sid is a little out of my price range...."

"Gtfo beggar."
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.