A post was removed

Started by Vanth, May 19, 2008, 05:15:22 AM

This board is not to be used for OOC coordination of roles, except for family/tribe members.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

May 19, 2008, 05:20:13 AM #1 Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 05:26:32 AM by RogueGunslinger
I believe it did clearly state that it was/should be a family role, and even brought up that the staff stresses that roles should be family/tribe only.

In your defense it was about three quarters into the post, and I too thought about replying to set this straight, until of course, I decided to read the entirety of it.

Edit: Am I tripping or something? Is this the post you removed? Or is it just a post vastly similar and made by the same person? Or did I somehow timewarp back to December for a couple hours earlier today?

Quote from: touringCompl3t3 on December 22, 2007, 04:52:08 PM
Hey gang:

I wouldn't mind someone to game with.  I currently have a character.  If someone is about to make a character and wants to game with me, then please feel free to shoot me a PM with any concepts you have in mind.

Compliant with Staff/Game rules, it is required that we make family members if our characters already know each other and I intend to obey this and similar rules.

However, I don't really need any allies right now and, if anything, I wouldn't mind having an enemy.  Under my previous (defunct) GDB name I made an article stating that friends make the best (in-game) enemies, and I would like to now put this to the test   :)   .

Maybe you are my characters nephew and you loaned me two hundred coins ten years ago that I never paid you back, or maybe my father (your uncle) beat your mother and you have decided to hold a grudge against me.  Anything might be interesting, really.  We could build up our characters and then come after each other using overt/covert conflicts, and plot each other's undoing. 

Please message me if you are interested.  Cheers, and Merry Christmas.

-

No, he posted twice.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Why...would you repost...a post that was removed?
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on May 19, 2008, 06:00:15 AM

I believe he was trying to show Vanth that the person who posted was following the rules about making the role a family oriented one.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I got this one Mushashi.

Quote from: Armaddict on May 19, 2008, 06:00:15 AM

Because the post shouldn't have been deleted. That said, it wasn't the same post.

That's kind of a bad thing.

I think in the future, you'd be better off sending the post through email and saying it should be put back.  Not reposting the same thing that was removed.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail, but that caught my attention as utterly...weird.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Whoa, whoops.

I didn't read the bold part.  It's 7am, I haven't slept yet, I'm retarded.

Sorry :P

Quote from: Armaddict on May 19, 2008, 08:56:29 AM
I'm retarded.

QTF.

Sorry, sorry, I'm a dick, and I was only kidding  ;D

Quote from: musashi on May 19, 2008, 10:08:09 AM
QTF.

well if you typo at QFT what does that make you?
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Ghost on May 19, 2008, 11:34:33 AM
QTF.

Quoted To Fail
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Ghost on May 19, 2008, 11:34:33 AM
QTF.

Dyslexic?  ::)

Vanth,

I'm disappointed by this.  Staff have mangled this and a couple of similar items in the past six months.  It's disconcerting.  This time, there were witnesses.  An apology would be nice.

Quote from: touringCompl3t3 on May 19, 2008, 04:47:37 PM
Vanth,

I'm disappointed by this.  Staff have mangled this and a couple of similar items in the past six months.  It's disconcerting.  This time, there were witnesses.  An apology would be nice.

Relax.  It's all good.  People make mistakes.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Quote from: FuSoYa on May 19, 2008, 04:57:27 PM
Vanth,

Relax.  It's all good.  People make mistakes.

Brandon

Exactly. It's chill dude. Staff, for any game, are human. Not cylons. And thus capable of making mistakes.

I, in particular, don't think anyone should have to apologize for making a mistake. It' like apologizing for who, and what we all are.

Was it your goal to make Touring Complete, the Destroyer of Worlds cry?

=-(

Bah, I'm going to go sulk somewhere.  None of you love me.  I am under appreciated.

=-(

We love you.  Kinda.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Thank you Brandon.  That makes it easier.  It's tough to be me.

I love his boots.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Thank you as well, X-D.  They're by Spring Season Stacy Adams

http://www.stacyadams.com/shop-sa/index.ep

Vanth, I would like to apologize to you for snapping at you.  By serving as staff, you make a valuable contribution to the game.  You are a capable, worthwhile person.  I snapped at you, not because you were deserving of mistreatment but because I was unfamiliar with you and was behaving unreasonably.  I regret that you and I are not better friends as I have no doubt that we would get along well.

Quote from: touringCompl3t3 on May 19, 2008, 09:28:00 PM
Thank you as well, X-D.  They're by Spring Season Stacy Adams

http://www.stacyadams.com/shop-sa/index.ep

Vanth, I would like to apologize to you for snapping at you.  By serving as staff, you make a valuable contribution to the game.  You are a capable, worthwhile person.  I snapped at you, not because you were deserving of mistreatment but because I was unfamiliar with you and was behaving unreasonably.  I regret that you and I are not better friends as I have no doubt that we would get along well.

Just to be clear, there's no sarcasm in this post, nor in this one.

Edited to add: Damn, those are nice boots. I think I like you.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Vanth,

I'm sorry you didn't mention that detail until line 13 of your post.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

It's all good.  I was just ranting because ranting is fun.  I'll behave.

QuoteI, in particular, don't think anyone should have to apologize for making a mistake. It' like apologizing for who, and what we all are.

You can be my first patient, when I get my MD.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.