Making long lasting friends in Amr - W/O getting a blade in

Started by Margo, April 27, 2003, 01:19:12 AM

:shock:

I just wanted to hear what people say.  I am rusty with Role playing and actually kinda of shy on line.  I did try to strike up a conversation and had someone try to put a knife in my back foir it, heh.

Find common ground, and keep the conversations going.

Make yourself available to them, and make them able to trust you- to want to ally themselves with you. Have something to offer.

It may or may not work, but it's a good place to start.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Without getting a blade in your back?  Hmm...

Simple: Put the blade in their back first.

Don't be too trusting at first and also take Socko's advice.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

Also, make sure they people you're trying to be friendly with are ICly likely associates for you. For example, elves and humans are not often friends (though it does happen).
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Try joining a clan.  Getting a job in a noble house or working for an organization will generally give you access to people you can get to know for longer periods of time with a greater (though not perfect) measure of safety compared to strangers on the street.

Friends? In ARM? Don't trust elves, don't trust humans, don't trust dwarves... Even half-giants sometimes try to *hug* you very tight. Always be aware.... My wife KILLED me once, and she was next to my computer in our university's computer lab. And it was OK, she was right to RP that situation that way. Be aware or die...
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

My character has made a relatively large number of friends all over the world rather quickly. The main way to do it is to find common ground with the people. Hunters will naturally better suited to be friends with other hunters. Elves will -get along- better, but there is still that aura of distrust. Old people probably get along better. Dwarves tend to stick together. Kids often get along better.

Like if your at a bar packed full of people, with nothing to break the ice, maybe buy a round of drinks. Might or might not be a dent in your pocket, but its also a tremendous notion.

I dont know... kinda rushed so I cant think of lots more indepth things. Ill try to respond later.